Church to burn Qurans on 9/11

I thought that the definition provided by manu was fairly accurate.

Hiroshima and nagasaki were primarily military targets.

The primary document I posted indicates otherwise. If they were primarily military targets, more discriminate weapons could have been used.

if you mean the Japanese government was terrorized into surrendering, then it may be a game of semantics.

Hiroshima and nagasaki were primarily military targets.

The primary document I posted indicates otherwise. If they were primarily military targets, more discriminate weapons could have been used.

if you mean the Japanese government was terrorized into surrendering, then it may be a game of semantics.

Japan as a whole was terrorized. One could make the argument that the attack was executed with the intention of terrorizing the entire world by displaying America's military preponderance. If we're going to use the "terrorist" label in an effort to stigmatize one group or another, it must be pointed out that the US Government is the most deadly terrorist organization in history according to every realistic definition of "terrorism."

Japan as a whole was terrorized. One could make the argument that the attack was executed with the intention of terrorizing the entire world by displaying America's military preponderance. If we're going to use the "terrorist" label in an effort to stigmatize one group or another, it must be pointed out that the US Government is the most deadly terrorist organization in history according to every realistic definition of "terrorism."

except the overwhelming majority of historians agree that the main reason Truman dropped the bombs was to end the war, not to intimidate the Soviet Union, or the rest of the world.
Japan and Germany were responsible for much more terror than the US, no matter which definition you use. Have you ever heard of the Rape of Nanking?

:rolleyes: please
you are being stupid

except the overwhelming majority of historians agree that the main reason Truman dropped the bombs was to end the war, not to intimidate the Soviet Union, or the rest of the world.
Japan and Germany were responsible for much more terror than the US, no matter which definition you use. Have you ever heard of the Rape of Nanking?
he also wants to ignore the MILLIONS that would have died with a conventional invasion of Japan proper

he also wants to ignore the MILLIONS that would have died with a conventional invasion of Japan proper

well, i hope he's smarter than Kevin Kennedy.

Right. Intimidation was the means to that end. That's what terrorism is all about - using intimidation and fear to coerce people into making certain decisions.

Of course. Were those terrorist attacks, though, or acts of genocide? I'm not singling out the United States as the worst government or even as one of the worst governments. I'm only pointing out that terrorism is a tactic they've employed with deadly proficiency. Governments in general, and the federal government of the United States in particular, are the perpetrators of the worst terrorist attacks. Obviously Germany's genocidal mania and Japan's unchecked aggressiveness were worse crimes; that simply doesn't exonerate the United States.

you are being stupid

The absence of a substantive response here makes it clear that you were unable to come up with one.

Who said anything about that? Al-Qa'idah would have suffered far more than 19 casualties if they had invaded the United States - does that mean that they aren't guilty of terrorism?

you are being stupid

The absence of a substantive response here makes it clear that you were unable to come up with one.
your post didnt deserve one

but thanks for showing how much of a "Moderate" you are

Who said anything about that? Al-Qa'idah would have suffered far more than 19 casualties if they had invaded the United States - does that mean that they aren't guilty of terrorism?
the millions would have included mostly Japanese
but you are clearly too fucking ignorant to understand that

the millions would have included mostly Japanese
but you are clearly too fucking ignorant to understand that

Clearly. :rolleyes:

The number of people potentially killed on either side has nothing to do with it being a terrorist attack.

your post didnt deserve one
Lame excuse.

but thanks for showing how much of a "Moderate" you are
You can choose to perceive me however you wish. Every issue just has to be about my religion even though Islam has nothing to do with America's use of terrorism against the Japanese...
you are making excuses for Al Qaeda

I make excuses for nobody. Al-Qa'idah is just as guilty of terrorism as anybody else.

blah, blah, blah...

yada, yada, yada...

blahbitty, blah, Blah, BLAH

tl/dnr

(276 posts?!? No frickin' WAY...)

YES.

I'm down with expressing my RIGHT to religious freedom

FROM Islam!

Addy to appear on the day in question?

'Cuz I am SO THERE.

(p.s. ASSHAT! :finger: )

Last edited:
yet it took a 2nd bomb to get them to surrender
Right, the second most deadly act of terrorism in history.

and yes, the Pentagon was a military target
So, al-Qa'idah's attack on the Pentagon was not a terrorist attack?

I think you need to factor in the fact that they used a plane loaded with civilians to carry out their 'military mission'.

Seriously, defending Islam is fine, I'll defend it with ya.... but justifying the methods used on 9/11 - that is making yourself a total fucking idiot.

Actually, that is not true about T. Jefferson. The Muslim that came to the Whitehouse was demanding ransom money for captive soldiers. Therefore, the first contribution that Muslims made to this country was theft, and Kidnapping. Jefferson never had a Ramadan celebration in the Whitehouse.

US Department of State said:
Two centuries ago, Thomas Jefferson held the first recorded Iftar
Read More

It was probably more about being a gracious host and diplomacy than some kind of lefty up with diversity interfaith thing, but it did happen.

It should also be noted that the first contribution that Muslims made to America was as slaves, not as pirates. I've read estimates that as much as 1 in 5 African slaves were Muslims. No idea about the accuracy of the statistic, but definitely many more than there were pirates.

Forum List

Back