Church to burn Qurans on 9/11

There's a difference between murder and terrorism. Look it up.

What's the definition of terrorism?

purposly targeting civilians in order to instill terror in the population with the goal of getting the population to capitulate with the demands of the terrorists.....

If that is the definition that we're going with, I would posit that the IRS is a terrorist organization.

Don't like the war? Stop paying for it. Unless they've instilled terror in you with the goal of getting you to capitulate with their demand that you pay for it.

Don't like the health care bill? Stop paying for it. Unless they've instilled terror in you with the goal of getting you to capitulate with their demand that you pay for it.

I am a civilian. And the only reason I pay for programs that I abhor is because I understand that if I don't the IRS will send agents with guns to my house.

except the overwhelming majority of historians agree that the main reason Truman dropped the bombs was to end the war, not to intimidate the Soviet Union, or the rest of the world.

Big surprise... the vast majority of historians are subsidized by the state, if not this state, than some other state that profits directly from the perceived legitimacy of terrorizing their civilians.

Look... everyone... can we put down the flags and history books for a second, because I think this deserves some deeper contemplation.

If we accept this definition of Terrorism:
Purposely targeting civilians in order to instill terror in the population with the goal of getting the population to capitulate with the demands of the terrorists.....
Or the Princeton definition of Terrorism:
the calculated use of violence, or the threat of violence, against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature

And we compare it with the accepted definition of government in political science circles:
that entity which claims a monopoly on the use of violence in a given area.
Obama confirmed this definition when he told the Military Times:
What essentially sets a nation-state apart (from the private sector), is a monopoly on violence.

If we compare those definitions... a government is by definition a terrorist organization... an organization which claims a monopoly on the use of violence against civilians in a given area to attain religious, political or ideological goals.

Believe me, I don't like the corner this pushes me into, because it puts me in a radical political fringe, not only amongst Americans, but amongst Muslims. If I consistently condemn terrorism, I don't know how to avoid condemning the very concept of government, or at least this concept of government.

With all sincerity, if anyone has a definition of terrorism, or a definition of government that is both accurate, and avoids this problem, I'd love to hear it. But I go where the evidence leads.

I think you need to factor in the fact that they used a plane loaded with civilians to carry out their 'military mission'.
I'm not the person who claimed that it was a military target. I simply asked the question.

Seriously, defending Islam is fine, I'll defend it with ya....
Nonsense. You and your ilk have always been more than willing to slander Rasul Allah (SAWS).

but justifying the methods used on 9/11 - that is making yourself a total fucking idiot.
Read the conversation again. I'm calling out those whose patriotism prevents them from recognizing America's use of terrorism. I've made it clear that I don't condone any use of terrorism, whether the perpetrator is al-Qa'idah or the US government.

C'mon Kalam, at least have the honesty to admit that you were happy on 9/11.

9/11 is the reason I'm usually very quiet about my religious beliefs. Nobody who saw me walking around would know that I'm a Muslim, and I plan on keeping it that way for a while.

I think you need to factor in the fact that they used a plane loaded with civilians to carry out their 'military mission'.
I'm not the person who claimed that it was a military target. I simply asked the question.

Seriously, defending Islam is fine, I'll defend it with ya....
Nonsense. You and your ilk have always been more than willing to slander Rasul Allah (SAWS).

but justifying the methods used on 9/11 - that is making yourself a total fucking idiot.
Read the conversation again. I'm calling out those whose patriotism prevents them from recognizing America's use of terrorism. I've made it clear that I don't condone any use of terrorism, whether the perpetrator is al-Qa'idah or the US government.
i said the Pentagon was a military target, that doesnt make the attack on it using civilian planes a military attack

i said the Pentagon was a military target, that doesnt make the attack on it using civilian planes a military attack

Fair enough. Far be it from me to express your opinion for you.

C'mon Kalam, at least have the honesty to admit that you were happy on 9/11.

9/11 is the reason I'm usually very quiet about my religious beliefs. Nobody who saw me walking around would know that I'm a Muslim, and I plan on keeping it that way for a while.

Notice how Kalam didn't deny being happy on 9/11?

Now he's in disguise as a normal person. :lol:

Yeah, I was thrilled when I didn't know if my family members in Lower Manhattan were dead or not.

Yeah, I was thrilled when I didn't know if my family members in Lower Manhattan were dead or not.

Then you thanked allah that they were alive and partied like it was 9/11 all over again. The only muslims who weren't happy on 9/11 are liars, hypocrites and/or douchebags.

Then you thanked allah that they were alive and partied like it was 9/11 all over again. The only muslims who weren't happy on 9/11 are liars, hypocrites and/or douchebags.
i'd imagine that the Muslim families that lost family members on 9/11 would disagree with you

i'd imagine that the Muslim families that lost family members on 9/11 would disagree with you

The dead are martyrs, heroes of Islam. I think the families must be very proud.

Could you imagine it? A Muslim goes up to a Catholic (or whichever variety) church, asks for a Bible and then burns it on the street in the gutter.

What do you think the good Christians would do to the Muslim?

That would depend on where he was and what denomination he was doing it in front of. I'm sure if he were in the south in front of some of the more red neck congregations, he'd be swinging from a tree. In the North or West they would probably pray for him.

Immie

Thanks for your honesty. Christians would kill him.

I'm a Christian. I would not kill him.

Immie

That would depend on where he was and what denomination he was doing it in front of. I'm sure if he were in the south in front of some of the more red neck congregations, he'd be swinging from a tree. In the North or West they would probably pray for him.

Immie

Immie

Sorry Immie, I know you're a peaceful, loving Christian. I didn't mean to imply all Christians are alike.

You're the one who said you can't speak for the red neck congregations.

Immie

Sorry Immie, I know you're a peaceful, loving Christian. I didn't mean to imply all Christians are alike.

You're the one who said you can't speak for the red neck congregations.

I would hope you did not mean all Christians.

Just as I said "some of the more red neck congregations", not all of them would do so, but then I am sure that there are some "Christians" out there that believe they are doing God's work by killing abortion doctors or Muslims who burn the New Testament, but just as not all Muslims would strap on a bomb in the name of Allah, neither would all red neck Christian string up someone that burned a Bible in front of them.

To state that no Christian would do such a thing, is to ignore the fact that Paul Hill and Scott Roeder did very much the same kind of thing.

Immie

Immie

Immie

That was a pathetic comment for her to make to begin with, not to mention that it's bullshit.

Immie

That was a pathetic comment for her to make to begin with, not to mention that it's bullshit.

Really? Immie as much as said that a red neck congregation in the south would hang any Muslim who burned the Bible. To directly quote Immie: "To state that no Christian would do such a thing, is to ignore the fact that Paul Hill and Scott Roeder did very much the same kind of thing."

You act as though no Christian were capable of violence ever. All human beings are capable of violence given the right circumstances, even Buddhist monks. (Sri Lanka).

Why are you on MY case? If you don't agree with Immie tell him so.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back