Church to burn Qurans on 9/11

I'm a Christian. I would not kill him.

Immie

That was a pathetic comment for her to make to begin with, not to mention that it's bullshit.

Really? Immie as much as said that a red neck congregation in the south would hang any Muslim who burned the Bible. To directly quote Immie: "To state that no Christian would do such a thing, is to ignore the fact that Paul Hill and Scott Roeder did very much the same kind of thing."

You act as though no Christian were capable of violence ever. All human beings are capable of violence given the right circumstances, even Buddhist monks. (Sri Lanka).

Why are you on MY case? If you don't agree with Immie tell him so.

Your comment was 'Christians would kill him'. You do it every chance you get, every time I think maybe you might have a different outlook, you remind me that you haven't any tolerance anymore than those that bash your lifestyle. There are far worse things than Christians on this planet, Sky, you really should focus your energy on some of those if you really want to make the world a better place. I think your problem is, and I mean this as no insult but rather an observation, that all you care about is your world. If you cared more about the world at large, you would know there are more worthy battles to fight. There are much worse things going on than gays not being able to legally marry each other in the U.S.

That was a pathetic comment for her to make to begin with, not to mention that it's bullshit.

Really? Immie as much as said that a red neck congregation in the south would hang any Muslim who burned the Bible. To directly quote Immie: "To state that no Christian would do such a thing, is to ignore the fact that Paul Hill and Scott Roeder did very much the same kind of thing."

You act as though no Christian were capable of violence ever. All human beings are capable of violence given the right circumstances, even Buddhist monks. (Sri Lanka).

Your comment was 'Christians would kill him'. You do it every chance you get, every time I think maybe you might have a different outlook, you remind me that you haven't any tolerance anymore than those that bash your lifestyle. There are far worse things than Christians on this planet, Sky, you really should focus your energy on some of those if you really want to make the world a better place. I think your problem is, and I mean this as no insult but rather an observation, that all you care about is your world. If you cared more about the world at large, you would know there are more worthy battles to fight. There are much worse things going on than gays not being able to legally marry each other in the U.S.

I said Christians would kill him AFTER Immie said red neck congregations in the south would string him up.

Why aren't you challenging Immie's statement which I agreed with?

Of course there are worthy battles beyond marriage equality. You know nothing about me. You don't know how I spend my time. I work with sixty children all day long. I love it. I love them and they love me. Do you know that there are bigoted Christians who would deny those children contact with me because I'm a lesbian? Do you think those Christians are right just because they're Christian?

I financially support a family of six in India. I am a crisis volunteer for the local domestic viiolence hotline. I write to prisoners. I have a small counseling practice and I use meditation in that work.

I subscribe to the magazine Teaching Tolerance and apply it's principles. I support the Southern Poverty Law Center and ADL's quest to combat bigotry.

I do everything within my power to make the world a better place.

Considering that, I think being able to marry my partner that I have been faithful to for 25 years is a small thing to ask.
Is it really that surprising that I would feel hurt by the RCC and LDS?

I recognize I have a temper, and I've been known to hold grudges and think I'm right. I'm working on that. It's not a quality I'm proud of. I have my flaws, but I'm not the worst person in the world, Newby.

I would hope that anyone on a spiritual path, Christian, Jew, Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, or atheist would do the same. We're all in the same boat, and there are good and bad apples in all of our barrels. It is very painful to me that Buddhist monks in Sri Lanka resort to violence in that tribal conflict. I don't tolerate bigotry and violence well, no matter what religious group is doing it.

9/11 was a time when we all stood together united as a country. I remember that and it continues to inspire me because I feel that human beings are basically good.

You may disagree with me for my views, you may even find my views aggravating or despise me for my thinking, but I'm just a human being. I have a good heart, and I work on myself every day. Every day I work to make the world a better place.

Last edited:

I said Christians would kill him AFTER Immie said red neck congregations in the south would string him up.

Of course there are worthy battles beyond marriage equality. You know nothing about me. You don't know how I spend my time. I work with children all day long. I love it. I support a family in India. I am a crisis volunteer for the local domestic viiolence hotline. I write to prisoners. I have a small counseling practice and I use meditation in that work.

I subscribe to the magazine Teaching Tolerance and apply it's principles. I support the Southern Poverty Law Center and ADL's quest to combat bigotry.

Considering that, I think being able to marry my partner that I have been faithful to for 25 years is a small thing to ask.

I recognize I have a temper, and I've been known to hold grudges and think I'm right. I'm working on that. It's not a quality I'm proud of. I have my flaws, but I'm not the worst person in the world, Newby.

I would hope that anyone on a spiritual path, Christian, Jew, Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, or atheist would do the same. We're all in the same boat, and there are good and bad apples in all of our barrels. It is very painful to me that Buddhist monks in Sri Lanka resort to violence in that tribal conflict.

9/11 was a time when we all stood together united as a country. I remember that and it continues to inspire me because I feel that human beings are basically good.

Well, if Immie wants to believe that some congregation in the south would murder someone in cold blood for burning a Bible, then he's welcome too. I'm sure there are certain individuals that might go to that extreme, but not an entire congregation of people, I think that's taking it a bit far.

And I didn't mean to imply that you didn't do anything to help your fellow man, I only know what I hear you say on here. I know that I've seen you back a religion that would gladly take your life because of your lifestyle, and that you wouldn't be able to openly live with your partner in their countries, let alone get married. And your reasoning to me for not finding fault in Islam is because it's not affecting you personally, which seems kind of selfish if you ask me. Islam is doing much more harm in the world right now than Christianity is. This is exactly the kind of thing that's being discussed over in that other thread about the left and its seeming support of Islam.

Of course there are worthy battles beyond marriage equality. You know nothing about me. You don't know how I spend my time. I work with children all day long. I love it. I support a family in India. I am a crisis volunteer for the local domestic viiolence hotline. I write to prisoners. I have a small counseling practice and I use meditation in that work.

I would hope that anyone on a spiritual path, Christian, Jew, Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, or atheist would do the same. We're all in the same boat, and there are good and bad apples in all of our barrels. It is very painful to me that Buddhist monks in Sri Lanka resort to violence in that tribal conflict.

Well, if Immie wants to believe that some congregation in the south would murder someone in cold blood for burning a Bible, then he's welcome too. I'm sure there are certain individuals that might go to that extreme, but not an entire congregation of people, I think that's taking it a bit far.

And I didn't mean to imply that you didn't do anything to help your fellow man, I only know what I hear you say on here. I know that I've seen you back a religion that would gladly take your life because of your lifestyle, and that you wouldn't be able to openly live with your partner in their countries, let alone get married. And your reasoning to me for not finding fault in Islam is because it's not affecting you personally, which seems kind of selfish if you ask me. Islam is doing much more harm in the world right now than Christianity is. This is exactly the kind of thing that's being discussed over in that other thread about the left and its seeming support of Islam.

I don't agree with you that Islam does more harm in the world than any other religion. Muslims in American are no more harmful than Christians in America.

I do think that Islam exists in countries that are completely culturally different from ours and that human rights violations occur in those countries.

I don't paint Muslims with a broad brush any more than I paint Christians with a broad brush. I am quite specific about which Christian groups I find personally oppressive. There are some Christians in America who are in my face. There are no Muslims in America oppressing me.

If you want to think I'm selfish, I can't stop you. I point to American Muslims who are not behaving toward me with intolerance, and I point to some American Christians who are. That's the truth.

Now if I were to live in Iran I would live with far more oppression. That's because Iran is a theocracy, and the extremist element of the Muslim faith is in power.

I don't want to see America develop into a Christian theocracy any more than I want to live in a Muslim theocracy.

What some Christians want to do is say they are superior to Muslims, and Islam is INHERENTLY a bad religion, and that in my opinion is a wrong view. I don't think that Christianity is INHERENTLY a bad religion because some Christians want to hurt me. I think there are extremists, fundamentalists in many religions, including Buddhism. I don't agree with Sri Lankan Buddhist extremists anymore than I agree with the Taliban. Why should I hate American Muslims for what some Muslims are doing in Saudi Arabia? Why would I hate Christians in America for what they want to do to gay people in Uganda?

Any time someone sets their mind on a fixed view there is trouble. I see it in myself too. When I feel cross toward the Christians who don't want me working with children, or who would deny me the right to care for my partner the same as any other married couple it hurts. It hurts to be cross and angry. I work on that every day.

What you want to do is judge me harshly for my views and then attack my character. Views are nothing more than opinion. Religions are views. They are no comment on the value of a human being.

Last edited:
I'm a Christian. I would not kill him.

Immie

Sorry, but you act as if I said that EVERY Christian would kill him and that is far from the truth.

Immie

Ever been to the South Immie? If so, you'd know that statement is 80 percent correct.

Come on, there is a very small percentage of people that would actually string him up and quite frankly, I, myself, would have to question whether anyone in the world can actually consider those who would to be Christian.

I was using hyperbole to state that there are indeed some wacky people that would murder such a man. In fact, if there are 100 in the country, I would be highly surprised, but to say that there are none would be a lie.

Immie

Sorry, but you act as if I said that EVERY Christian would kill him and that is far from the truth.

Immie

Bull. I never thought you said that EVERY Christian would kill him. When I made my statement, "the Christians would kill him I meant the same ones you mentioned, redneck congregations in the south, not ALL Christians.

Why does one comment about Christians apply to all Christians? Are you responsible for red neck congregations in the south? No. No more than I am responsble for violent Buddhist monks in Sri Lanka.

Last edited:
I think you have a very naive view of the world.

I think you have a more cynical view of ALL Muslims than I do.

Naturally--you focus on being cynical about the Christian form of organized religion and are more lenient on the others.

You're absolutely right. I stereotype Christians. I am more lenient toward Muslims than Christians.

Muslims in America leave me alone. Christians don't.

Islamic radicals are seizing on protests against a planned Islamic community center near Manhattan's Ground Zero and anti-Muslim rhetoric elsewhere as a propaganda opportunity and are stepping up anti-U.S. chatter and threats on their websites.

One jihadist site vowed to conduct suicide bombings in Florida to avenge a threatened Koran burning, while others predicted an increase in terrorist recruits as a result of such actions.

"By Allah, the wars are heated and you Americans are the ones who…enflamed it," says one such posting. "By Allah you will be the first to taste its flames."

FOXNews.com - Mosque Protests, Rhetoric Feed Jihadists' Fire

Death threats in the name of fighting intolerance. :evil:

Immie

Bull. I never thought you said that EVERY Christian would kill him. When I made my statement, "the Christians would kill him I meant the same ones you mentioned, redneck congregations in the south, not ALL Christians.

Why does one comment about Christians apply to all Christians? Are you responsible for red neck congregations in the south? No. No more than I am responsble for violent Buddhist monks in Sri Lanka.

Yet you would take someone to task who said that muslims are terrorists. But, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean 'all muslims', I meant only those one who actually are terrorists. I call bullshit on that one, if you only mean a certain group or type of christian, then you should say so. Saying 'christians' implies all, not just some, just as my opening comment about mulsims would imply all, and that is exactly how you would take it.

I think you have a very naive view of the world.

I think you have a more cynical view of ALL Muslims than I do.

I only know what I see them doing every day in the news, and for you to say that they are no worse world wild compared to christians is a ridiculous statement to make. You want your 'enemy', the christians, to be the plague of the earth above anything else, and that's what your reality is, it's not what actual reality is.

Forum List

Back