16-year-old suspect in violent church mugging in Queens arrested 9 other times

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
Personally, I think it's a bad policy to keep releasing violent serial criminals again and again and again so they can hurt as many people as they want.

That being said, I don't live in New York City. If the voters of New York City want this kind of thing, I have to respect their wishes.

16-year-old suspect in violent church mugging in Queens arrested 9 other times​

April 12, 2024

JAMAICA, Queens (WABC) — The 16-year-old suspect caught on video shoving a senior down the stairs of her church in Queens during a violent mugging is now being charged with robbing and assaulting her.

Despite being arraigned as an adult, the Queens District Attorneys Office says they will not be identifying the 16-year-old because of his age.

He has been arrested nine times in Queens as an adolescent offender since August 2023. Eight of those arrests involved robberies and the ninth was criminal possession of stolen property.

The teen was arrested Thursday on charges including robbery, assault, grand larceny and criminal possession of stolen property.

The attack happened Sunday morning outside St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church in Jamaica Hills. The victim, a 68-year-old mother of two named Irene Tahliambouris, was heading to service when she was attacked.

Surveillance video shows the attacker run in front of the victim, as she walks up the steps to the church entrance, and violently shove her, sending her falling backwards. She suffered a fractured skull and black eye, but she is stable in the ICU.

After the assault, the suspect grabbed Tahliambouris’ purse with her car keys and cellphone inside.

Personally, I think it's a bad policy to keep releasing violent serial criminals again and again and again so they can hurt as many people as they want.

That being said, I don't live in New York City. If the voters of New York City want this kind of thing, I have to respect their wishes.

16-year-old suspect in violent church mugging in Queens arrested 9 other times​

April 12, 2024

JAMAICA, Queens (WABC) — The 16-year-old suspect caught on video shoving a senior down the stairs of her church in Queens during a violent mugging is now being charged with robbing and assaulting her.

Despite being arraigned as an adult, the Queens District Attorneys Office says they will not be identifying the 16-year-old because of his age.

He has been arrested nine times in Queens as an adolescent offender since August 2023. Eight of those arrests involved robberies and the ninth was criminal possession of stolen property.

The teen was arrested Thursday on charges including robbery, assault, grand larceny and criminal possession of stolen property.

The attack happened Sunday morning outside St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church in Jamaica Hills. The victim, a 68-year-old mother of two named Irene Tahliambouris, was heading to service when she was attacked.

Surveillance video shows the attacker run in front of the victim, as she walks up the steps to the church entrance, and violently shove her, sending her falling backwards. She suffered a fractured skull and black eye, but she is stable in the ICU.

After the assault, the suspect grabbed Tahliambouris’ purse with her car keys and cellphone inside.
~~~~~~
Bu, bu, bu, but, he's "A Good Boy. He wants to finish Middle School and go on to High School and College.
One has to wonder whee are his parents and why aren't they being charged along with him for neglect.

Mom defends Queens 16-year-old arrested for punching woman down church steps as a ‘good boy’

Last edited:
I was sickened when I first saw this video (I think on YouTube).

But not surprised.

Such uncivilized conduct is common among an unusually large proportion of a certain race.

He is a repeat offender; yet, he is not locked up for several decades.

Why should juvenile offenders' names be off the record?

No wonder a lot of Americans tune out when the activists start whining about "systemic racism."

Forum List

Back