Christians - do you believe in building the Kingdom of God on earth

Satan won. Gawd lost.:eusa_shhh: Now go jump in the sack with your neighbors wife ! NO.:eek: Not THAT neighbor. The skinny one.:tongue:
You are totally confused and WRONG!!! Jesus won, satan lost, and he knows it. Non-believers are totally screwed up.

Thy will be done.

Who is Thy that's being referred to?

God.

Reads to me like GOD, not Christians, is going to be responsible for that change in managment.
For once you are correct, in a way. All we as Christians can do is spread the word. God, thru Jesus Christ, thru the Holy Spirit works to change the hearts of sinners.

Satan won. Gawd lost.:eusa_shhh: Now go jump in the sack with your neighbors wife ! NO.:eek: Not THAT neighbor. The skinny one.:tongue:
You are totally confused and WRONG!!! Jesus won, satan lost, and he knows it. Non-believers are totally screwed up.
Those who deny the Word of God--i.e. those whose notions of the supremacy of God are founded upon faith--are the one's who belong to Satan, and indeed are the one's who have lost.

And they'll continue to lose; it is a logical necessity--superstition is self-destructive

And if so what do you do to build it?

Bible says a new heaven and earth.

Revelation 21

1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Of course I don't know how exactly the LORD is going to do it..haha.. can't even imagine how He does things in His creation as it is! But I like this explanation...

What are the New Heavens and the New Earth?

Question: "What are the New Heavens and the New Earth?"

Answer: Many people have a misconception of what heaven is truly like. Revelation chapters 21-22 gives us a detailed picture of the new heavens and the new earth. After the events of the end times, the current heavens and earth will be done away with and replaced by the new heavens and new earth. The eternal dwelling place of believers will be the new earth. The new earth is the “heaven” on which we will spend eternity. It is the new earth where the New Jerusalem, the heavenly city, will be located. It is on the new earth that the pearly gates and streets of gold will be.

Heaven—the new earth—is a physical place where we will dwell with glorified physical bodies (1 Corinthians 15:35-58). The concept that heaven is “in the clouds” is unbiblical. The concept that we will be “spirits floating around in heaven” is also unbiblical. The heaven that believers will experience will be a new and perfect planet on which we will dwell. The new earth will be free from sin, evil, sickness, suffering, and death. It will likely be similar to our current earth, or perhaps even a re-creation of our current earth, but without the curse of sin.
..please see link for further reading

Persoally I don't think God intended for us to build His kingdom on Earth. He intended for us to BE His kingdom on Earth. Whenever we presume to dictate what God wants of us, we will almost always get it wrong. Whenever we yield ourselves to God and do his bidding, a whole lot more gets accomplished.

I think that is why the so-called government poverty programs etc., all with good intentions to make things better for people, have had such mixed results, too often negative results. Whenever we think us humans are clever enough or compassionate enough or smart enough to take God's place, we are pretty sure to screw it up.

I do believe the Kingdom of God is now and we get glimpses of it every now and then. It is a real blessing when we do. And we also continue to witness and reap the wages of sin, both ours and those of others, some who lived long ago. We are all still a work in progress.

I think we need a whole lot more focus on letting God be God and letting the decision making come from God down. Every time we people think we can cut God out of the equation or take His place, we will have regrets.

Those who deny the Word of God--i.e. those whose notions of the supremacy of God are founded upon faith--are the one's who belong to Satan, and indeed are the one's who have lost.

And they'll continue to lose; it is a logical necessity--superstition is self-destructive
God is supreme, doesn't matter if you have faith or not. The only thing that matters for the unfaithful is a very HOT eternity.

Persoally I don't think God intended for us to build His kingdom on Earth. He intended for us to BE His kingdom on Earth. Whenever we presume to dictate what God wants of us, we will almost always get it wrong. Whenever we yield ourselves to God and do his bidding, a whole lot more gets accomplished.

I think that is why the so-called government poverty programs etc., all with good intentions to make things better for people, have had such mixed results, too often negative results. Whenever we think us humans are clever enough or compassionate enough or smart enough to take God's place, we are pretty sure to screw it up.

I do believe the Kingdom of God is now and we get glimpses of it every now and then. It is a real blessing when we do. And we also continue to witness and reap the wages of sin, both ours and those of others, some who lived long ago. We are all still a work in progress.

I think we need a whole lot more focus on letting God be God and letting the decision making come from God down. Every time we people think we can cut God out of the equation or take His place, we will have regrets.
i don't think we stop being charitable when we leave the church...i don't think God's kingdom ends at the gvt's door or when in the public square...

i've never witness God handing bread and water to humans in need, but i have witnessed human beings helping other human beings, and i view this as the hand of God, or God being within them....after all, God is Good and doing any Good, IS the will of God.... doing and thinking Evil is of the Devil....

so, i see no harm, in doing Good, in all aspects of life, and i see it as supporting God's will.

God is supreme, doesn't matter if you have faith or not. The only thing that matters for the unfaithful is a very HOT eternity.
only God knows anyone's fate...and Jesus will judge on judgement day, not you.....but he will judge you, as you have judged others....be careful!!!!

the unforgivable sin is declaring another person beelzabub...without proof....like the Pharisees/Saducees declaring Christ to be of the Devil, of evil....Christ said those pharsees committed the unforgivable sin...labling him beelzabub without any proof was sinning against the Holy Spirit....

you could be doing the same by declaring others that you don't even know, unfaithful and condemning them to hell as their destiny....when only God/Christ knows this for certain....we have a merciful and forgiving God....

i don't think we stop being charitable when we leave the church...i don't think God's kingdom ends at the gvt's door or when in the public square...

i've never witness God handing bread and water to humans in need, but i have witnessed human beings helping other human beings, and i view this as the hand of God, or God being within them....after all, God is Good and doing any Good, IS the will of God.... doing and thinking Evil is of the Devil....

so, i see no harm, in doing Good, in all aspects of life, and i see it as supporting God's will.

I agree that doing good is doing God's will. And Christ's Church on Earth is the most charitable of all people on Earth. I think that was God's intention for His church and the more it is encouraged, the more we see God's kingdom manifested on Earth.

But there is nothing - zero - nada - zilch - to be found in ANY of Jesus's teachings, either in the Bible or among the writings that didn't make it into the Bible, that suggests it is the government's responsibility to do charity. There is a tremendous amount of teaching that it is OUR responsibility to do charity. And it should be without strings, without expectation of repayment of any kind--something very difficult for government to pull off--and it should be voluntary.

The problem is that government cannot be 'charitable' without taking property away from somebody else. I think that is contrary to God's will and provides far too much temptation to use government for personal advantage rather than for any truly altruistic motives.

And finally it is important to do good instead of throwing money at problems and then feeling righteous that we 'did something'. When we give out of guilt or for motives other than true charity, we too often do as much or more harm than good. And I don't think that is from God either. And I think it further spoils his perfect Creation. And I think that is not a component of the Kingdom of God.

Forum List

Back