Zone1 A Major Difference of the Catholic Faith

And stop this nonsense of claiming that "my church is better than your church". I see that happening on here all the time.
Catholic, Protestant, whats the difference? Seriously.....

You both worship Jesus, a first century Jewish man, based on pagan misunderstanding of the figurative language used in Jewish scriptures, as if he was God in the flesh, ever since Rome usurped authority over Jewish writings that apparently still remain above your collective grasp.

Y'all have been diverted by iniquitous archaic and irrational superstitious lore. This is irrefutable;

You are both idolators. You both openly desecrate the teachings of Jesus and deliberately mislead others to do the same as if it was a religious duty, and, if your own scriptures are true, this amounts to murder, and if so then you are both equally dead, accursed, INSANE, the promised consequence for brazenly and openly defying the Laws of God and failing to stay awake aware and alive enough to vigilantly stand guard over the sanctity of your own minds.

Your very souls.

But please, don't pay any attention to me, I'm just a nut job. Anyway....Carry on.... Its hilarious!

It's not that I am not giving you attention. At the moment we're discussing apples and you wish to discuss oranges. :)

What you don't seem to realize is that you are wasting your time. What could possible be more important than the condition of your own soul? Rivalry? Pft...Purify your mind and be refined

or else just continue to make fools of yourselves discussing apples. I really don't care....

How do you like them apples?

Ironically, we are one in Christ. We just aren't one with each other.
Agreed.

"By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another".

We can argue how many angels can dance on the head of a pin and even establish different congregations based on differences. We cannot, however, reject each other on those differences. I believe that Jesus deliberately did NOT give a lengthy laundry list of how to "do church", because He wanted His gospel to be relevant to everyone, everywhere and for all time. That's why, for example, there are no commandments for what a priest should wear, what offices should be in the structure of the Church, anything like that. The gospel needs to be as relevant to a tribesman in the deepest part of the Amazonian jungle as it is to the Pope. When we agree on the central tenets of faith, we are united.

Ironically, we are one in Christ. We just aren't one with each other.
If you are not one with each other, of one accord, you both cannot be one with Jesus...DUH

You are both perfectly one with different bullshit, which has absolutely nothing to do with Christ.

Tradition springs from how people apply Scriptural truth to their lives. Case in point, the Mennonites I grew up with forbade the wearing of wedding rings because of the Biblical admonition against flashy adornment. That's a tradition, and it had almost the authority of Scripture, because it was based on Scripture. Then it was challenged on the grounds that a wedding ring is an advertisement to the world that the wearer was off the market, that they were in fact committed to another. One more, they forbade the use of musical instruments in Church, because of Menno Simon's rebellion against the ostentatiousness of the services of his day. That also was challenged on the grounds that it violated Scripture, specifically where we are commanded to praise the Lord with musical instruments. The point being that we have to be very careful to not blindly follow tradition where it is not warranted, not commanded by Scripture and not conducive to the cohesion of the Body. "That's the way we've always done it" is not authoritative.
I understand, but Mennonites came into being in the sixteenth century, so their traditions started then. Catholic tradition begins with the Apostles, who were in being before New Testament scripture.

I understand, but Mennonites came into being in the sixteenth century, so their traditions started then. Catholic tradition begins with the Apostles, who were in being before New Testament scripture.
Right, and many of their traditions were first century JEWISH traditions. They went to the Temple, they offered sacrifices, observed the Sabbath, etc.

You disagree that Luther opposed indulgences?
Luther was an Augustinian before he thought himself better than Augustine.

This abuse (which was not official Catholic teaching) was what Luther particularly attacked. Luther's 27th thesis: one of his Ninety-Five Theses posted on the Church door in Wittenberg, Germany on Oct. 31, 1517 (considered the beginning of the so-called “Protestant Reformation”) read: “They preach only human doctrines who say that as soon as the money clinks into the money chest, the soul flies out of purgatory.”

The Catholic Church agreed with Luther, then and now, regarding this particular aspect.

If you are not one with each other, of one accord, you both cannot be one with Jesus...DUH
I have seven brothers and sisters. We are not always in accord with each other, yet are still of the same family.

You are both idolators.
Never-the-less, God still found me in the Catholic Church/faith, and has pointed me in these ways. Sure, some might assert I've been misled by Satan, not found by God, but I know differently.

I have seven brothers and sisters. We are not always in accord with each other, yet are still of the same family.
Read John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." (But yak about apples) then Acts 2:1-4,

"And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place."

Last edited:
Never-the-less, God still found me in the Catholic Church/faith, and has pointed me in these ways.
So what you are professing to "believe" is that God pointed you in the direction of idolatry? A mortal sin under penalty of death, hell, and ultimately destruction? He must really love you, lots.

o_O

Sure, some might assert I've been misled by Satan, not found by God, but I know differently.

Alrighty then.....I think that the absence of life in your own words is condemnation enough......

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
So what you are professing to "believe" is that God pointed you in the direction of idolatry?
Obviously, God does not see the Catholic faith as idolatry, but worship of Him in very profound ways.

Obviously, God does not see the Catholic faith as idolatry
Don't be silly.

Obviously, if I can see that you have set aside the divine commands and turn to the lifeless work of human hands that can neither see, hear, speak, or walk, that you worship on your knees and eat for spiritual life, the very definition of idolatry, then you can rest assured that God sees it too.

Do you really think something that you openly and brazenly do can be hidden? From God? Damn.

Last edited:
I know God's love for all. He meets us where we are and brings us ever closer.

Thats not what I read....If you are in hell, do you really think that God meets you there? In hell?

He might reveal himself after you repent and after you spend a few eons in purgatory, praying daily unanswered, as a test, but you will never find God in hell where, if scripture is true, you are.

Read John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." (But yak about apples) then Acts 2:1-4,

"And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place."
See Matthew 4:6

Hell is total separation from God. I know such separation from Him.

Let me tell you this;

If you believe that spiritual life can be made by human hands and handed out and eaten like a cheap snack food, you may want to consider that you are already totally separated from God.

Let me tell you this;

If you believe that spiritual life can be made by human hands and handed out and eaten like a cheap snack food, you may want to consider that you are already totally separated from God.
Bread of the Presence...given to all by Christ.

Let me tell you this;

See John 6:53

Forum List

Back