Zone1 The very beginning of God living in a building (Church) found in 2 Samuel 7

Forum outcast infamous RACIST motivated posting:
'Luiza' - Nazism:

(luiza.86585)

• Pro Jihad child killing.
  • Admitting Jews today are the same ethnicity as Jesus . But often tries to lie about it.
  • Advocates for genocide.
  • Pro Jihad entities use of its children.
  • Promoting Hitler garbage.
  • Spamming the forums with despicable wording.

Gas chambers or Ovens - Nazi Luiza asks?

Exterminating J.

image upload

Against all Jews.

And more...

Today's Jews are as Jesus ethnicity she admits. But racist Luiza still hates via ancient lies canards stereotypes.

king said to the prophet Nathan, “See now, I am living in a house of cedar, but the ark of God stays in a tent.” 3Nathan said to [King David], “Go, do all that you have in mind; for the Lord is with you.”

4But that same night the word of the Lord came to Nathan: 5Go and tell my servant David: Thus says the Lord: Are you the one to build me a house to live in? 6I have not lived in a house since the day I brought up the people of Israel from Egypt to this day, but I have been moving about in a tent and a tabernacle. 7Wherever I have moved about among all the people of Israel, did I ever speak a word with any of the tribal leaders[a] of Israel, whom I commanded to shepherd my people Israel, saying, “Why have you not built me a house of cedar?” 8Now therefore thus you shall say to my servant David: Thus says the Lord of hosts: I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep to be prince over my people Israel; 9and I have been with you wherever you went, and have cut off all your enemies from before you; and I will make for you a great name, like the name of the great ones of the earth. 10And I will appoint a place for my people Israel and will plant them, so that they may live in their own place, and be disturbed no more; and evildoers shall afflict them no more, as formerly, 11from the time that I appointed judges over my people Israel; and I will give you rest from all your enemies. Moreover the Lord declares to you that the Lord will make you a house. 12When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come forth from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. 13He shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me. When he commits iniquity, I will punish him with a rod such as mortals use, with blows inflicted by human beings. 15But I will not take[b] my steadfast love from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away from before you. 16Your house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever before me;[c] your throne shall be established forever. 17In accordance with all these words and with all this vision, Nathan spoke to David.

comments

So basically, God said He didn't need a building to live in-- although He had been visiting His people through the Ark of the Covenant for many years (which was placed in a tent).

But then he tells David that such a house for Him would be built just the same, under David's son, Solomon.

And so this is the beginning of Jesus living tangibly in His Church on Earth... aka the Real Presence
Interesting. So, which one of the Catholic Church buildings does God live in today?

LOL You think the Jews/Christians invented the Temple? The word Temple comes from the Latin "Holy Ground". So, yeah the concept of temples/churches existed for a long long time.

In fact, the oldest temple is in Turkey.

Göbekli Tepe is famous for being the oldest temple in the world. According to historians and archaeologists, this temple was erected in southern Turkey 11,600 years ago. Therefore, the sanctuary predates the invention of writing or the wheel, or even the beginning of agriculture and animal husbandry.
I didn't say anything like this

so

C ya

The Catholic church has has a serious falling away of it's members. Most churches have but the Catholic church is getting hammered:

Since 1970, weekly church attendance among Catholics has dropped from 55% to 20%, the number of priests declined from 59,000 to 35,000 and the number of people who left Catholicism increased from under 2 million in 1975 to over 30 million today.

That was because it became MUCH less "Catholic" than pre-Vatican II

Forum outcast infamous RACIST motivated posting:
'Luiza' - Nazism:

(luiza.86585)

• Pro Jihad child killing.
  • Admitting Jews today are the same ethnicity as Jesus . But often tries to lie about it.
  • Advocates for genocide.
  • Pro Jihad entities use of its children.
  • Promoting Hitler garbage.
  • Spamming the forums with despicable wording.

In other words, morally insane

John Nelson Darby invented the rapture in 1830.
Nope.
In the Bible:
Greek ekklesia, where the word is a compound of two segments: "ek", a preposition meaning "out of", and a verb, "kaleo", signifying "to call" - together, literally, "to call out".
And:
Harpazo (har-pad'-zo) the Greek word which the New Testament translators have rendered as "caught up"

Here is how:
"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the LORD in the air: and so shall we ever be with the LORD"

And here is why:
1 Thessalonians 5: 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ

Are you talking about Indiana Jones?
Do you mean , do I take notice of what is termed predictive programming?
Of course it's noted, and naturally the Mr Jones types of story stem from alternative interpretations of old stories .
However , there is considerably more evidence for the Moses type of story featuring a local space visitor than it is being a story about the sole creator of the infinite universe popping down for a short time to use a bunch of people as his (?) chosen ones .
I suggest the former is an interesting speculation with some empirical support while the latter is myth from a people steeped in primitive magic ..

Nope.
In the Bible:
Greek ekklesia, where the word is a compound of two segments: "ek", a preposition meaning "out of", and a verb, "kaleo", signifying "to call" - together, literally, "to call out".
And:
Harpazo (har-pad'-zo) the Greek word which the New Testament translators have rendered as "caught up"

Here is how:
"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the LORD in the air: and so shall we ever be with the LORD"

And here is why:
1 Thessalonians 5: 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ
The apostles preached the rapture, as well as many early church theologians.

Nope.
In the Bible:
And:

Here is how:

And here is why:

Thessalonians just reassures people that their loved ones who died waiting for the return of Jesus didn't miss out.

king said to the prophet Nathan, “See now, I am living in a house of cedar, but the ark of God stays in a tent.” 3Nathan said to [King David], “Go, do all that you have in mind; for the Lord is with you.”

4But that same night the word of the Lord came to Nathan: 5Go and tell my servant David: Thus says the Lord: Are you the one to build me a house to live in? 6I have not lived in a house since the day I brought up the people of Israel from Egypt to this day, but I have been moving about in a tent and a tabernacle. 7Wherever I have moved about among all the people of Israel, did I ever speak a word with any of the tribal leaders[a] of Israel, whom I commanded to shepherd my people Israel, saying, “Why have you not built me a house of cedar?” 8Now therefore thus you shall say to my servant David: Thus says the Lord of hosts: I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep to be prince over my people Israel; 9and I have been with you wherever you went, and have cut off all your enemies from before you; and I will make for you a great name, like the name of the great ones of the earth. 10And I will appoint a place for my people Israel and will plant them, so that they may live in their own place, and be disturbed no more; and evildoers shall afflict them no more, as formerly, 11from the time that I appointed judges over my people Israel; and I will give you rest from all your enemies. Moreover the Lord declares to you that the Lord will make you a house. 12When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come forth from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. 13He shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me. When he commits iniquity, I will punish him with a rod such as mortals use, with blows inflicted by human beings. 15But I will not take[b] my steadfast love from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away from before you. 16Your house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever before me;[c] your throne shall be established forever. 17In accordance with all these words and with all this vision, Nathan spoke to David.

comments

So basically, God said He didn't need a building to live in-- although He had been visiting His people through the Ark of the Covenant for many years (which was placed in a tent).

But then he tells David that such a house for Him would be built just the same, under David's son, Solomon.

And so this is the beginning of Jesus living tangibly in His Church on Earth... aka the Real Presence
BALTIMORE CATECHISM #3
LESSON 2 - ON GOD AND HIS PERFECTIONS

the answer is more nuanced, and of course the host and the tabernacle and the altar and such are designed, perhaps divinely designed to focus the thoughts of the faithful, but

Q. 166. Where is God?
A. God is everywhere.
Q. 167. How is God everywhere?
A. God is everywhere whole and entire as He is in any one place. This is true and we must believe it, though we cannot understand it.
Q. 168. If God is everywhere, why do we not see Him?
A. We do not see God, because He is a pure spirit and cannot be seen with bodily eyes.

Religious Dogma:
"If God is everywhere, why do we not see Him?
We do not see God, because He is a pure spirit and cannot be seen with bodily eyes."
^
simply not true, Biblically:

Adam and Eve walked in the garden with Him.
Sarah handed Him bowls of food.
Abraham sat around the campfire with Him and performed covenants with Him.
And then there was Moses:

I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by. Then I will take My hand away, and you will see My back; but My face must not be seen

Ah, but they are fountains of grace and blessings.
That poster is WRONG

In the Word it clearly says

JESUS clearly says

to believe AND to be baptized

in one part of the Word it speaks of Noah and the Ark (this is in the New T) and it compares the Flood with baptism, saying

Baptism now saveth you

Then in another part of the Word Jesus says to preach the Gospel and that anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. He who does not believe is condemned

Forum List

Back