CBS News' Lara Logan Breaks Silence On Horrific Rape Ordeal In Egypt

Beki, what they did was not a crime in their own country, under their laws or their religion. Look up how many journalists have been killed. How many captured. What was the name of that tv reporter captured until he converted? I forgot.

The press USED to be off limits, but muslims don't have the same rules we do.
They bugged out fast when the women in black showed up to protect her.

They dern tootin' knew it was wrong and they got outta there quick afterward.

They didn't bug out of there.

The account.

Lara Logan: I Was Saved by Women in Tahrir Square -- Daily Intel

Niqab-Wearing Egyptian Women Saved CBS Lara*Logan - 11 World's Women, Development - Anne of Carversville Women's News

It is true that Lara was saved by women, a group wearing niqabs who threw themselves on her as a human shield. The lead woman also poured water all over the dying journalist, who could no longer breath.

Just her eyes, I remember [I could see] just her eyes,” Logan said. “She put her arms around me. And oh my God, I can’t tell you what that moment was like for me. I wasn’t safe yet, because the mob was still trying to get at me. But now it wasn’t just about me anymore.

At this point, security police finally arrived and Lara — naked, dirty and distraught was hoisted over the arms of one of the men and carried out of the square.

The Mob of Men Wanted to Dismember Lara Logan

These details are new and revealed in the interview. Much was said about the physical assault on Lara, where countless men pinched her breasts and shoved their fingers in her anus and vagina, ripping at her sex organs.

Equally horrific are the facts that the Egyptian men were trying to dismember her. They ripped her hair again and again, trying to pull her scalp off her head. They yanked both her arms and legs, trying to pull her limbs out of their sockets.

“I didn’t even know that they were beating me with flagpoles and sticks because I couldn’t even feel that,” Logan told Pelley. “Because I think of the sexual assault; all I could feel was their hands raping me over and over and over again, from the front, from the back…they were tearing my body in every direction…tearing my muscles, tearing off chunks of my scalp…literally trying to tear my scalp off my skull.”

Yup thats Egypt for you, you cannot put an attractive blonde haired blue eyed woman in front of a bunch of sexually repressed backwards Egyptians! The State Department needs to put a warning out to stop American women from traveling there imo.

No one was questioned or arrested! It wasn't the women that caused the men to quit the assault but the arrival of security forces. The women DID protect Logan, by using themselves as a human shield, not because their presence chased the men off. From the report, the men never stopped the assault, the forces were able to remove Logan from the assualt while the men were still assaulting.

Don't think that this was some kind of American style police investigation.
Maybe they're like the drug cartel, and "security forces" are cravenly afraid of them.

Their crime against the reporter were horrific, and I think the perpetrators knew better than to do that to somebody else.

How so? Egyptian women get assaulted like that all the time, they recently stripped an Egyptian woman down to her bra and panties and beat her senseless, so how could you say those guys "knew better"?

You must mean this case.

Egypt protests: Woman stripped and dragged in streets by soldiers breaks her silence | Mail Online

Maybe they're like the drug cartel, and "security forces" are cravenly afraid of them.

Their crime against the reporter were horrific, and I think the perpetrators knew better than to do that to somebody else.

How so? Egyptian women get assaulted like that all the time, they recently stripped an Egyptian woman down to her bra and panties and beat her senseless, so how could you say those guys "knew better"?

You must mean this case.

Egypt protests: Woman stripped and dragged in streets by soldiers breaks her silence | Mail Online

Yup thats her.

They bugged out fast when the women in black showed up to protect her.

They dern tootin' knew it was wrong and they got outta there quick afterward.

The account.

Niqab-Wearing Egyptian Women Saved CBS Lara*Logan - 11 World's Women, Development - Anne of Carversville Women's News

It is true that Lara was saved by women, a group wearing niqabs who threw themselves on her as a human shield. The lead woman also poured water all over the dying journalist, who could no longer breath.

Just her eyes, I remember [I could see] just her eyes,” Logan said. “She put her arms around me. And oh my God, I can’t tell you what that moment was like for me. I wasn’t safe yet, because the mob was still trying to get at me. But now it wasn’t just about me anymore.

At this point, security police finally arrived and Lara — naked, dirty and distraught was hoisted over the arms of one of the men and carried out of the square.

These details are new and revealed in the interview. Much was said about the physical assault on Lara, where countless men pinched her breasts and shoved their fingers in her anus and vagina, ripping at her sex organs.

Equally horrific are the facts that the Egyptian men were trying to dismember her. They ripped her hair again and again, trying to pull her scalp off her head. They yanked both her arms and legs, trying to pull her limbs out of their sockets.

“I didn’t even know that they were beating me with flagpoles and sticks because I couldn’t even feel that,” Logan told Pelley. “Because I think of the sexual assault; all I could feel was their hands raping me over and over and over again, from the front, from the back…they were tearing my body in every direction…tearing my muscles, tearing off chunks of my scalp…literally trying to tear my scalp off my skull.”

Yup thats Egypt for you, you cannot put an attractive blonde haired blue eyed woman in front of a bunch of sexually repressed backwards Egyptians! The State Department needs to put a warning out to stop American women from traveling there imo.

Nah, they're all wonderful American-loving,Peace-loving,Democracy-loving Angels over there. Well, that's what our President and MSM keeps telling us anyway. Such Bullshit. I'm so sick of flushing Tax Dollars down toilets like Egypt. To Hell with em.

Americans have been travelling to Egypt to visit the pyramids and museums for four centuries in reasonable respect for our citizens.

We're money in their pockets, and the difference is they're now just wanting money shipped to them via our state department, and it apparently is working for them.

We need to make it not work so well for them by both staying away if they're going to rape women and murder men who are Americans as well as withholding state dept. bribes. I always thought that sucked anyway.

We opened our purses in friendship. They're abusing the privilege of time-honored trade. We can close our purses to that shit and replace the giv-a-mint Fed with one that doesn't give to criminality of false prophets who teach their people abusive ways.

Last edited:
Americans have been travelling to Egypt to visit the pyramids and museums for four centuries in reasonable respect for our citizens.

We're money in their pockets, and the difference is they're now just wanting money shipped to them via our state department, and it apparently is working for them.

We need to make it not work so well for them by both staying away if they're going to rape women and murder men who are Americans as well as withholding state dept. bribes. I always thought that sucked anyway.

We opened our purses in friendship. They're abusing the privilege of time-honored trade. We can close our purses to that shit and replace the giv-a-mint Fed with one that doesn't give to criminality of false prophets who teach their people abusive ways.

Well, hmmm. 400 years ago there weren't any Americans. There wasn't any tourism to Egypt either. In fact, there was little tourism at all.

For most of it's modern history, Egypt wasn't a place to visit for fun. The French Foreign Legion fought the Ottoman Empire, then the region became a British protectorate. That's when tourists started to visit. That would be late 1800s. If it was "safe", it was because of British soldiers keeping it safe. Of course in those days, women were not permitted to be in any unsafe circumstances. Women were treated with the utmost courtesy, respect, and dare I use the word "chivalry".

Besides the Pyramids there is nothing special about Egypt, it is basically a third world shit hole with a primitive backwards people, we need to stop romanticing this place for a culture that died out thousands of years ago, the Arabs that live in Egypt now did not build the Pyramids and have nothing to do with the people that did.

Besides the Pyramids there is nothing special about Egypt, it is basically a third world shit hole with a primitive backwards people, we need to stop romanticing this place for a culture that died out thousands of years ago, the Arabs that live in Egypt now did not build the Pyramids and have nothing to do with the people that did.

Spot-On assessment. Nice job. :thup:

Spot-On assessment. Nice job. :thup:

Thanks broseph. :thup:

In so many ways, we are in love with Dynastic Egypt. It isn't there and hasn't been for thousands of years. Egypt is home to the original and oldest of Christians. The muslims that control Egypt now intend to destroy the pyramids and tombs as well as all the art still in the possession of the Ministry of Antiquities.

It would be ironic if all that remains of Egypt was saved by the centuries of thieves.

In so many ways, we are in love with Dynastic Egypt. It isn't there and hasn't been for thousands of years. Egypt is home to the original and oldest of Christians. The muslims that control Egypt now intend to destroy the pyramids and tombs as well as all the art still in the possession of the Ministry of Antiquities.

It would be ironic if all that remains of Egypt was saved by the centuries of thieves.

Most Egyptians only care about smoking hash and trying to have sex, not so much the Pyramids, I do believe there are some Egyptians who love to destroy them because they consider them idols and haram, but the only thing stopping them is the billions they make in tourism every year, the cash is what will stop them from blowing those things up.

Mob behavior is an ugly thing. It leads to people getting beaten, raped, houses and cars burned, etc.....no matter where it happens.

And such behavior, regardless of where or why it happens is still inexcusable.

I most heartily agree. But I don't think it will solve mob violence in a place by wiping out the entire populace either.

Well, Bod, you do have to admit THAT would most assuredly eliminate that particular problem in that particular place. Whether that's the most appropriate solution is, naturally, another matter. Seriously, though, one does wonder why we as a nation would choose to intervene in the affairs of another nation, in order to empower the very sort of nasty people who would do that.:doubt: One could argue that vile and despicable people, do not deserve to be empowered by democracy, but rather, to be left to the mercy of the dictators they already have. I have no enthusiasm, for liberating scoundrels and barbarians of the worst order-they are NOT worth it; as a matter of fact, until they civilize themselves (if they ever do), such a people are not worth a bucket of warm piss.

I most heartily agree. But I don't think it will solve mob violence in a place by wiping out the entire populace either.

Well, Bod, you do have to admit THAT would most assuredly eliminate that particular problem in that particular place. Whether that's the most appropriate solution is, naturally, another matter. Seriously, though, one does wonder why we as a nation would choose to intervene in the affairs of another nation, in order to empower the very sort of nasty people who would do that.:doubt: One could argue that vile and despicable people, do not deserve to be empowered by democracy, but rather, to be left to the mercy of the dictators they already have. I have no enthusiasm, for liberating scoundrels and barbarians of the worst order-they are NOT worth it; as a matter of fact, until they civilize themselves (if they ever do), such a people are not worth a bucket of warm piss.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Sad that these savages attacked any woman like that. Shows what that culture is worth. No love lost for Lara Logan however. She's a trainwreck of the first order.

The account.

Nah, they're all wonderful American-loving,Peace-loving,Democracy-loving Angels over there. Well, that's what our President and MSM keeps telling us anyway. Such Bullshit. I'm so sick of flushing Tax Dollars down toilets like Egypt. To Hell with em.

I will ask you AGAIN, where does the President and/or MSM say they are ALL wonderful American-loving, Peace-loving, Democracy-loving Angels over there?

Link it. (without deflections or insults)

I will ask you AGAIN, where does the President and/or MSM say they are ALL wonderful American-loving, Peace-loving, Democracy-loving Angels over there?

You know that has been the spin from this President and the MSM on Egypt. You want to play dumb on that, than so be it. But it is the reality. I don't want to spend another Taxpayer Dime on that Hell-Hole.

Not a problem with that assessment.

You know that has been the spin from this President and the MSM on Egypt. You want to play dumb on that, than so be it. But it is the reality. I don't want to spend another Taxpayer Dime on that Hell-Hole.

No, I don't know that because I have NOT seen ANY evidence of that being the case except for your little rants.

You can't prove it because it is not true. It is only what you in your mind imagine has been said so you can feel even more offended by this Administration.....but you can't even be honest with yourself over this.

No, I don't know that because I have NOT seen ANY evidence of that being the case except for your little rants.

You can't prove it because it is not true. It is only what you in your mind imagine has been said so you can feel even more offended by this Administration.....but you can't even be honest with yourself over this.

Easy, down girl. You're like a rapid Chihuahua nipping at my ankles. lol! You don't see the spin, that's fine with me. But we have been fed a steady diet of media propaganda on how wonderful and American/Democracy-loving this new Egyptian crowd is. We've been fed the same propaganda on Libya too. But i'm not buying into it. I'm sick of spending the $Billions in Tax Dollars on these Hell-Holes. But that's just my take anyway.

Forum List

Back