CBS News' Lara Logan Breaks Silence On Horrific Rape Ordeal In Egypt

God, you're demanding. You know that's very annoying, don't ya? I get it, you don't agree with my assessment and think i'm a liar. You've said that quite a few times now. I get it, i really do. Maybe you should move on now? Just a thought anyway.

Of course you want me to move on....so you can continue your silly little assertions with no one holding you accountable for TELLING THE TRUTH.

Oh, so you think of yourself as some sort of 'Hero?' Well now i understand. Look, you have already said repeatedly that you don't agree with my opinion and that i'm a liar. How many more times do you need to say that before you feel better? I get it, i really do. Your 'Hero' mission has been accomplished. So no need to hang around. It's a big site. I'm sure you'll find something else of interest. Enjoy.

Just challenge her to go to Egypt or Libya and 'tell the truth.'

Lara Logan is just another journalist seeking front page publicity by sensationalizing an incident that happened to her.

In her own words, "They were raping me with their hands".

What the heck does that mean??

She never claimed any sort of penetration took place.

So basically she had her clothes torn off and a lot of guys touched her.

In reality, she was never raped.

And had no business being there in the first place.

But no doubt she will get a book and movie deal worth millions for her sensational "touch rape" story.

Well, that's still sexual assault. So try not to be too callous on this. I believe her when she says she was raped. And you should too.

There are sources on the internet that describe the physical pain she suffered from this. They were trying to dismember her, but the pain of the sexual assault was so severe she didn't realize they were trying to dismember her until it was all over. I don't believe it involved a penis. 300 men fisted her for almost an hour. I'm surprised she is still alive. Rape is a mild term for what happened to this woman.

I believe her. It's not the sort of story a dem would concoct about our Egyptian friends. In fact, dems are largely pissed that she's sharing.

"A dem would concoct"? How would you know what her politics are? You're making a huge assumption based on her being a reporter.

Lara Logan is just another journalist seeking front page publicity by sensationalizing an incident that happened to her.

But no doubt she will get a book and movie deal worth millions for her sensational "touch rape" story.

Well, that's still sexual assault. So try not to be too callous on this. I believe her when she says she was raped. And you should too.

There are sources on the internet that describe the physical pain she suffered from this. They were trying to dismember her, but the pain of the sexual assault was so severe she didn't realize they were trying to dismember her until it was all over. I don't believe it involved a penis. 300 men fisted her for almost an hour. I'm surprised she is still alive. Rape is a mild term for what happened to this woman.

They tried to scalp her and did remove parts of her scalp.

The mystery is why didn't everyone involved KNOW this was likely to happen?

fuck off, creep

^^^^^What He Said.^^^^^ ... Repeat....:razz:

Since the company couldn't discriminate against her, I'm fairly certain she couldn't have refused this assignment without repercussions to her job. Going to work and doing your job is not 'asking for it.'

I am not implying that at all. What happened to Her was a Disgrace to everyone Involved. Everyone there that could have helped her and didn't.

It makes no difference in the workplace. I work in psychiatry and in psych hospitals we know there is danger there, but it is discrimination to page for an 'all male' take down. It would have been illegal for them to pass over a seasoned war correspondent just because she was a woman. You are completely ignoring the legal principles of OUR country here. I work in a female dominated profession. God help any of us if we discriminate against a man and expect him to pull a woman's heavy load for her.

Last edited:

There is no mystery to Anarchy, to People behaving like Animals. They are Pigs acting like that.

Sunni,
Please don't try to rationalize such an act. You and I both know your own religion (the mainstream of it anyway) forbids treating a woman in that manner. We both know that is an evil act, and we both know that neither you, a Muslim man, nor I, a Christian man, would ever brutalize a woman in that fashion. We both know this is a vile, unspeakable, despicable thing to do; that those who did it belong to your religion is not a reason to excuse or make light of it. You know I would not do that, if a mob of Christians did such a thing to a Muslim woman.

Last edited:

Sunni,
Please don't try to rationalize such an act. You and I both know your own religion (the mainstream of it anyway) forbids treating a woman in that manner. We both know that is an evil act, and we both know that neither you, a Muslim man, nor I, a Christian man, would ever brutalize a woman in that fashion. We both know this is a vile, unspeakable, despicable thing to do; that those who did it belong to your is not a reason to excuse or make light of it. You know I would not do that, if a mob of Christians did such a thing to a Muslim woman.

No Higher Principle supports anything like this. There is no Justifying it.

Sunni,
Please don't try to rationalize such an act. You and I both know your own religion (the mainstream of it anyway) forbids treating a woman in that manner. We both know that is an evil act, and we both know that neither you, a Muslim man, nor I, a Christian man, would ever brutalize a woman in that fashion. We both know this is a vile, unspeakable, despicable thing to do; that those who did it belong to your is not a reason to excuse or make light of it. You know I would not do that, if a mob of Christians did such a thing to a Muslim woman.

They didn't just 'touch' her. The article I posted below states she sustained internal injuries. I'm sure she had to have vaginal and rectal repair and probably a hysterectomy. But then I had a student from Iraq who said a lot of middle eastern women have colostomies because of the brutal sex that is perpetrated upon them as young children who are forced to marry men.

Last edited:
Sunni,
I am in No way defending the immoral behavior of the men involved.

And if I would have be there. I would have tried to stop the attack.

I was just saying that I thought she was trying spin the incident into something more that it actually was.

In order to generate publicity to further her career as a journalist.

Good peeps over there. I'm glad we're sending them all those $Billions in Tax Dollars. Aren't you?

Sunni,
I am in No way defending the immoral behavior of the men involved.

And if I would have be there. I would have tried to stop the attack.

I was just saying that I thought she was trying spin the incident into something more that it actually was.

In order to generate publicity to further her career as a journalist.

Do you really believe that? I believe it is going to take her years, to cope with the incident, if not the rest of her life.

They didn't just 'touch' her. The article I posted below states she sustained internal injuries. I'm sure she had to have vaginal and rectal repair and probably a hysterectomy. But then I had a student from Iraq who said a lot of middle eastern women have colostomies because of the brutal sex that is perpetrated upon them as young children who are forced to marry men.
You can have internal injuries from just being punched or kicked.

The rest of your post is just more idiotic nonsense that you continually make up. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
I have been watching this thread for a few days. I think there are some fairly valid points being made from several different directions.

Egypt is not a safe place. From the day I set foot in Cairo until the day I left the place people from there were constantly telling us how 'hospitable' the Egyptian people are. Yet, I didn't feel comfortable. Others in my group went out alone or in pairs, but I would not go out unless I was with a group, and I would not shop any street of the bazaar except where the restaurant was.

The organization that sponsored our trip told us not to wear sandles and to dress modestly. A guy I know told me to carry a scarf at all times because they don't much care for redheads. I got tired one day and sat down with our guides. They expressed disgust when a group of scantily clad women came in. I only made the mistake of getting on an elevator alone with 2 men one time. That was all it took.

I think there are some valid points about the fact that our government supported a 'revolution' that ushered in a theocracy.

The point about romanticizing the place because of the pyramids is valid. Cairo is filthy. Giza not much better. The traffic is horrible in Cairo and they don't seem to care if they run you over.

As to her being there at all. Oddly enough, it is a women's workplace rights issue to begin with. If she were told 'sorry, only men can go' that would be discrimination in our country. Her company could not discriminate. She did have a bodyguard, though. He just couldn't fight off a mob of 300 men. And that brings me to this 'rape'. They fisted her for almost an hour. They were pulling her limbs and hair trying to dismember her and pull her scalp off her skull. She probably had to have surgery, but most likely we will never hear about that. A woman's body cannot stand being fisted by hundreds of men without causing severe tissue damage. This woman's rape was a brutal savage assault. We have just sent special forces to rescue a sole American aid worker from Somalia kidnapers. Why, now, do we continue to send money to Egypt. This woman was a reporter. This was an assault not only on her, but also on one of the cardinal freedoms of a democracy - freedom of the press. She was there with a camera crew and a body guard and they were powerless. Why can't people see what is occurring here? Why do Americans continue to defend islam and compare its savage actions to Christianity in the middle ages when people were ignorant and didn't know any better. This is the 21st century, folks. Why did we tolerate this?

As to Obama: Well I have tried to make time to listen to his 'outreach' to the muslim world that occurred at Cairo University just 4 days after I was there as I sure didn't have time to then. I have wondered if there was any kind of signal or code or words that said, 'OK, now it's time to throw off the US.' Because that's what they did. Granted the guys they overthrew in the ME were dictators but they were our guys, all of them. We crapped out on them. Likely all those countries who have had a 'revolution' will unite through that muslim brotherhood, are beginning to already, and cause us as much trouble for the US as they can. Sadly we did supported that so called revolution. We need to stop supporting theocracies. We don't let school children pray in this country, but we will go support a ruthless regime that treats certain of their people worse than animals in the name of a religion. That's just wrong. I will not dismiss the notion that this was Obama's intent when he went to Cairo. Not yet, anyway.

I won't go back. Ever. I won't encourage anyone else to go. There are other pyramids in safer places that are just as impressive as the ones in Giza.

Fair enough, but repression is never a successful long-term strategy.
Eventually the dictators would have been overthrown in an even messier fashion and, as US puppets, the hate would have been directed straight at the US.

It's going to be ugly over there for a long time while everyone sorts themselves out but it has to happen - sooner or later.
The US was right not to prop up totalitarian regimes against the will of the people because sooner or later they would have been on the losing side.

And you think an islamic theocracy that does this to a woman is not repressive? Do you really think the hate will not 'be directed straight at us' once that muslim brotherhood gets its ducks in a row?

I said it's going to be ugly for a long time but they need to sort it out themselves.

Hear me clearly, Sunni. I was not going to go there, but Sunshine has correctly described what this "touch rape" or "rape with fingers" is a euphemism for". I do not believe you as an American, are sufficiently naive as to not know that (though I would almost rather believe you are, than believe you could possibly know, and yet condone such an act in the name of your religion). If you would condone such an act; if Islam would condone such an act; then I must tell you, as a friend, a brother and fellow vet, that if that is what Islam is and does, then ultimately, there can be no peace between America and Islam. There are things, dark and vile things, which are so far beyond the pale of civilized conduct, that there can be no mercy, no tolerance, no forgiveness or understanding, for those who perpetrate them. I saw some of those things in Vietnam, done by the VC to their own people; I suspect you did too. THAT is what this mob was doing and attempting to do. This is not rape; or it is not "just" rape; it goes beyond that, into a realm of brutality so foul that I refuse to even describe it. A being who would participate in that is NOT a man, nor even an animal, but something worse and lower than either. No country, no religion, no entity, no people, which would condone, advocate, sanction or justify such, can call itself civilized.

Fair enough, but repression is never a successful long-term strategy.
Eventually the dictators would have been overthrown in an even messier fashion and, as US puppets, the hate would have been directed straight at the US.

It's going to be ugly over there for a long time while everyone sorts themselves out but it has to happen - sooner or later.
The US was right not to prop up totalitarian regimes against the will of the people because sooner or later they would have been on the losing side.

And you think an islamic theocracy that does this to a woman is not repressive? Do you really think the hate will not 'be directed straight at us' once that muslim brotherhood gets its ducks in a row?

I said it's going to be ugly for a long time but they need to sort it out themselves.

If that is what they do, they do not "need to sort it out". They NEED to be destroyed, as a cancer on the civilized world!

God, you're demanding. You know that's very annoying, don't ya? I get it, you don't agree with my assessment and think i'm a liar. You've said that quite a few times now. I get it, i really do. Maybe you should move on now? Just a thought anyway.

Of course you want me to move on....so you can continue your silly little assertions with no one holding you accountable for TELLING THE TRUTH.

Oh, so you think of yourself as some sort of 'Hero?'

Uh, no. It is somewhat bizarre for you to go that direction.

Well now i understand. Look, you have already said repeatedly that you don't agree with my opinion and that i'm a liar. How many more times do you need to say that before you feel better? I get it, i really do. Your 'Hero' mission has been accomplished. So no need to hang around. It's a big site. I'm sure you'll find something else of interest. Enjoy.

All I have been asking for is evidence in the way of links to back up the assertions you have made SEVERAL times. Apparently, asking for some kind of proof horribly horribly frightens you.

There can only be on reason for that. :eusa_whistle:

Liars get greatly upset when called on their lies.

Forum List

Back