CBS News' Lara Logan Breaks Silence On Horrific Rape Ordeal In Egypt

ABSOLUTELY.

They aren't doing their jobs, they are acting like imbeciles. Like clueless children. Like little girls. I feel sorry for Lara Logan, she was raised to think that being a prom queen would be a form of protection. It isn't. Now she knows. She should go around the country giving seminars on how being child-like on the battlefield of men is no protection whatsoever.

Since you have absolutely no idea what I've done in my life, you are secure in blowing smoke out of your ass. I would have gone in armed to the teeth and started shooting at anything that moved. I would have demanded that my cameraman be armed to the teeth and if he didn't start shooting at anything that moved I would have put a bullet right between his eyes. If I did nothing else, I would have taken more than a few with me.

Did you even notice, at all, that there was NO exraction plan if she got into trouble? She was put out there with no protection, no plan, nothing but the faint hope that being cute was a form of protection unto itself. What a bunch of fools. Agreeing to what was a suicide mission to get the story made her the biggest fool of all. She'd be dead if there weren't WOMEN around to fight FOR her and get her out.

Sheer stupidity.

I just think alot of people in the West are very ignorant about how people are in that part of the world, the bottom line is people in countries like Iran, Egypt, Pakistan etc are very sexuall repressed, ESPECIALLY the men, alot of them don't get to have sex very much and for most of them a white woman with blonde hair and blue eyes is a walking wet dream Like I said earlier, blondes are a rarity in that part of the world and they are seen all the time in movies and lusted after in a bad way, it was damn stupid to even put her on the ground in that country without security, they should have just sent an ugly fat man in there to cover the story but they wanted a sexy blonde to cover it.

You're right. You don't go quite far enough though. Logan was attacked, but when someone in the crowd started calling her a Jew, they meant to murder. There are a lot of people in the west that are ignorant that's for sure. There are more people in the west who are arrogant and that's where it gets even worse. The west respects women so everyone else does so too. Or, we can just demand they do and get in a huff when they don't.

I didn't know people in the crowd were yelling Jew, in that case she is lucky she got out of there with her life, I hope this serves as a lesson to all Western women especially those of caucasian descent that you just can't go strolling around in Middle Eastern countries alone with no protection, but I doubt it will. Alot of people are convinced that Egypt is a modern secular country with an open minded people that just need a chance.

I just think alot of people in the West are very ignorant about how people are in that part of the world, the bottom line is people in countries like Iran, Egypt, Pakistan etc are very sexuall repressed, ESPECIALLY the men, alot of them don't get to have sex very much and for most of them a white woman with blonde hair and blue eyes is a walking wet dream Like I said earlier, blondes are a rarity in that part of the world and they are seen all the time in movies and lusted after in a bad way, it was damn stupid to even put her on the ground in that country without security, they should have just sent an ugly fat man in there to cover the story but they wanted a sexy blonde to cover it.

You're right. You don't go quite far enough though. Logan was attacked, but when someone in the crowd started calling her a Jew, they meant to murder. There are a lot of people in the west that are ignorant that's for sure. There are more people in the west who are arrogant and that's where it gets even worse. The west respects women so everyone else does so too. Or, we can just demand they do and get in a huff when they don't.

I didn't know people in the crowd were yelling Jew, in that case she is lucky she got out of there with her life, I hope this serves as a lesson to all Western women especially those of caucasian descent that you just can't go strolling around in Middle Eastern countries alone with no protection, but I doubt it will. Alot of people are convinced that Egypt is a modern secular country with an open minded people that just need a chance.

Here ya go.

Egyptians Yelled 'Jew! Jew!' While Sexually Assaulting CBS Reporter Lara Logan - Media - Fox Nation

Notice how the camera crew kept the cameras rolling as she was dragged off. Logan was an imbecile. If she thought that her crew would jump to her aid rather than get the attack on film she was worse than an imbecile. She was a retarded imbecile.

You're right. Pyle was not active military, but he was killed by a sniper and buried with military honors in a military cemetary.

Yes, I use the term girls, that's what the mentality is.

I see....you denigrate WOMEN doing their jobs despite the danger involved by calling them "girls". What is 'under-18' about the mentality of a person that is going into the face of danger, doing something that would make YOU wet your pants?

ABSOLUTELY.

They aren't doing their jobs, they are acting like imbeciles. Like clueless children. Like little girls. I feel sorry for Lara Logan, she was raised to think that being a prom queen would be a form of protection. It isn't. Now she knows. She should go around the country giving seminars on how being child-like on the battlefield of men is no protection whatsoever.

Since you have absolutely no idea what I've done in my life, you are secure in blowing smoke out of your ass. I would have gone in armed to the teeth and started shooting at anything that moved. I would have demanded that my cameraman be armed to the teeth and if he didn't start shooting at anything that moved I would have put a bullet right between his eyes. If I did nothing else, I would have taken more than a few with me.

Did you even notice, at all, that there was NO exraction plan if she got into trouble? She was put out there with no protection, no plan, nothing but the faint hope that being cute was a form of protection unto itself. What a bunch of fools. Agreeing to what was a suicide mission to get the story made her the biggest fool of all. She'd be dead if there weren't WOMEN around to fight FOR her and get her out.

Sheer stupidity.

I see who's acting like an imbecile....it's not them.

I see....you denigrate WOMEN doing their jobs despite the danger involved by calling them "girls". What is 'under-18' about the mentality of a person that is going into the face of danger, doing something that would make YOU wet your pants?

ABSOLUTELY.

Sheer stupidity.

I see who's acting like an imbecile....it's not them.

Well, you just proved that!

If anyone could be said to be "asking for it" this woman did.

wtf?? What kind of an asshole thing is that to say?

It's true! That's only because I give her some credit for not being dumb as a fence post.

This was an incredibly violent and volatile situation, in a culture that does not extend basic humanity toward women, in a country in which women have no rights, among a people who are at war with western culture. Walk into that and you are asking for whatever you get. Plain and simple.

Logan may have thought that she was in some American type riot where laughing looters would be trying to grab some camera face time and throw gang signs for the public. She was mistaken.
Those men knew what they were doing was wrong.

When the women in black dresses appeared to protect her, they made themselves scarce and got lost.

Those "macho" criminals ran when women who could do something about their crime showed up.

It was a crime, crime, crime. And they knew it, knew it, knew it.

Nobody in their right mind asks for rape, and even terrorists know that the press is off limits.

Thank you, Zoom-boing.

It's true! That's only because I give her some credit for not being dumb as a fence post.

This was an incredibly violent and volatile situation, in a culture that does not extend basic humanity toward women, in a country in which women have no rights, among a people who are at war with western culture. Walk into that and you are asking for whatever you get. Plain and simple.

Logan may have thought that she was in some American type riot where laughing looters would be trying to grab some camera face time and throw gang signs for the public. She was mistaken.

She may have been stupid, but NOBODY asks for that kind of treatment. That was a dumb thing to say on your part.

So much for democracy in Egypt :doubt:

You wouldnt catch me anywhere near the middle east!
Well, when the women in black showed up, that tells you it's not all bad if you can just stay away from terrorists-turned-criminals.

When the women in black dresses appeared to protect her, they made themselves scarce and got lost.

Those "macho" criminals ran when women who could do something about their crime showed up.

Nobody in their right mind asks for rape, and even terrorists know that the press is off limits.

Thank you, Zoom-boing.

Beki, what they did was not a crime in their own country, under their laws or their religion. Look up how many journalists have been killed. How many captured. What was the name of that tv reporter captured until he converted? I forgot.

The press USED to be off limits, but muslims don't have the same rules we do.

That's all part of the propaganda game. It's a way for our Government and others to justify their Wars and force Citizens to support them with their hard-earned Tax Dollars. They're all just wonderful Angels in Egypt & Libya. Yeah right, such Bullshit propaganda.

Thank you, Zoom-boing.

Beki, what they did was not a crime in their own country, under their laws or their religion. Look up how many journalists have been killed. How many captured. What was the name of that tv reporter captured until he converted? I forgot.

They bugged out fast when the women in black showed up to protect her.

They dern tootin' knew it was wrong and they got outta there quick afterward.

Thank you, Zoom-boing.

They didn't bug out of there.

The account.

Lara Logan: I Was Saved by Women in Tahrir Square -- Daily Intel

Niqab-Wearing Egyptian Women Saved CBS Lara Logan - 11 World's Women, Development - Anne of Carversville Women's News

It is true that Lara was saved by women, a group wearing niqabs who threw themselves on her as a human shield. The lead woman also poured water all over the dying journalist, who could no longer breath.

Just her eyes, I remember [I could see] just her eyes,” Logan said. “She put her arms around me. And oh my God, I can’t tell you what that moment was like for me. I wasn’t safe yet, because the mob was still trying to get at me. But now it wasn’t just about me anymore.

At this point, security police finally arrived and Lara — naked, dirty and distraught was hoisted over the arms of one of the men and carried out of the square.

The Mob of Men Wanted to Dismember Lara Logan

These details are new and revealed in the interview. Much was said about the physical assault on Lara, where countless men pinched her breasts and shoved their fingers in her anus and vagina, ripping at her sex organs.

Equally horrific are the facts that the Egyptian men were trying to dismember her. They ripped her hair again and again, trying to pull her scalp off her head. They yanked both her arms and legs, trying to pull her limbs out of their sockets.

“I didn’t even know that they were beating me with flagpoles and sticks because I couldn’t even feel that,” Logan told Pelley. “Because I think of the sexual assault; all I could feel was their hands raping me over and over and over again, from the front, from the back…they were tearing my body in every direction…tearing my muscles, tearing off chunks of my scalp…literally trying to tear my scalp off my skull.”

The account.

Niqab-Wearing Egyptian Women Saved CBS Lara*Logan - 11 World's Women, Development - Anne of Carversville Women's News

It is true that Lara was saved by women, a group wearing niqabs who threw themselves on her as a human shield. The lead woman also poured water all over the dying journalist, who could no longer breath.

Just her eyes, I remember [I could see] just her eyes,” Logan said. “She put her arms around me. And oh my God, I can’t tell you what that moment was like for me. I wasn’t safe yet, because the mob was still trying to get at me. But now it wasn’t just about me anymore.

At this point, security police finally arrived and Lara — naked, dirty and distraught was hoisted over the arms of one of the men and carried out of the square.

These details are new and revealed in the interview. Much was said about the physical assault on Lara, where countless men pinched her breasts and shoved their fingers in her anus and vagina, ripping at her sex organs.

Equally horrific are the facts that the Egyptian men were trying to dismember her. They ripped her hair again and again, trying to pull her scalp off her head. They yanked both her arms and legs, trying to pull her limbs out of their sockets.

“I didn’t even know that they were beating me with flagpoles and sticks because I couldn’t even feel that,” Logan told Pelley. “Because I think of the sexual assault; all I could feel was their hands raping me over and over and over again, from the front, from the back…they were tearing my body in every direction…tearing my muscles, tearing off chunks of my scalp…literally trying to tear my scalp off my skull.”
Oh, so they stuck around and gave the police fingerprints, cell phone numbers, and home addresses?

I do not think so.

You know who the security force was? Mubarak's police. The police that the "protesters" were fighting.

That's all part of the propaganda game. It's a way for our Government and others to justify their Wars and force Citizens to support them with their hard-earned Tax Dollars. They're all just wonderful Angels in Egypt & Libya. Yeah right, such Bullshit propaganda.

I think it may be more than that bro, alot of us Yankees are VERY niaeve and ignorant about most of the globe. Alot of Americans buy into these romantic notions about Egypt because of the Pyramids and the culture that was there thousands of years ago, I am telling you ALOT of us Yanks think Egypt is no different than Greece or Italy, I guess for most seeing is believing, I have been to the Middle East and met MANY Egyptians and let me tell ya, there are no Italians or Greeks.

The account.

Niqab-Wearing Egyptian Women Saved CBS Lara*Logan - 11 World's Women, Development - Anne of Carversville Women's News

Oh, so they stuck around and gave the police fingerprints, cell phone numbers, and home addresses?

I do not think so.

No one was questioned or arrested! It wasn't the women that caused the men to quit the assault but the arrival of security forces. The women DID protect Logan, by using themselves as a human shield, not because their presence chased the men off. From the report, the men never stopped the assault, the forces were able to remove Logan from the assualt while the men were still assaulting.

Don't think that this was some kind of American style police investigation.

You know who the security force was? Mubarak's police. The police that the "protesters" were fighting.

That pretty much sums it up, they don't really have any laws against sexual harassment in Egypt though, thats why alot of Egyptian men will sexually harass a woman anywhere they want and just laught it off, its very, very rare if the police do anything about it. Even women clad in black burkas from head to toe get sexually harassed!

The account.

I do not think so.

No one was questioned or arrested! It wasn't the women that caused the men to quit the assault but the arrival of security forces. The women DID protect Logan, by using themselves as a human shield, not because their presence chased the men off. From the report, the men never stopped the assault, the forces were able to remove Logan from the assualt while the men were still assaulting.

Maybe they're like the drug cartel, and "security forces" are cravenly afraid of them.

Their crime against the reporter were horrific, and I think the perpetrators knew better than to do that to somebody else.

The account.

I do not think so.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA thats the problem! Alot of Americans travel abroad and assume all these other countries like Egypt are the same like the US and the Egyptians all act and think like Americans! THAT kind of thinking is what led to this lady being assaulted! She acted as if being in Egypt was no different than covering a story on Rodeo drive in LA!

I do not think so.

Maybe they're like the drug cartel, and "security forces" are cravenly afraid of them.

Their crime against the reporter were horrific, and I think the perpetrators knew better than to do that to somebody else.

How so? Egyptian women get assaulted like that all the time, they recently stripped an Egyptian woman down to her bra and panties and beat her senseless, so how could you say those guys "knew better"?

Forum List

Back