CBS News' Lara Logan Breaks Silence On Horrific Rape Ordeal In Egypt

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Obama's new buddies in Egypt. Enjoy, you paid for them America...

Lara Logan is back on the air, she’s got nine stories in the works at “60 Minutes” and a new show set to launch — but she still battles the demons of a horrific gang sexual assault, even sometimes while she puts her young daughter to bed.

“People don’t really know that much about (posttraumatic stress disorder),” she told the Daily News. “There’s something called latent PTSD. It manifests itself in different ways. I want to be free of it, but I’m not.

“It doesn’t go away,” she said. “It’s not something I keep track of. It’s not predictable like that. But it happens more than I’d like.”

Last Feb. 11, while covering the Egyptian uprisings in Cairo’s Tahrir Square, Logan was surrounded by an angry mob of men and ripped away from her CBS crew. She was viciously stripped and suffered a “brutal and sustained” sexual assault.

“I didn’t even know that they were beating me with flagpoles and sticks and things, because the sexual assault was all I could feel, their hands raping me over and over and over again,” she told “60 Minutes” last spring.

They tried to rip off chunks of her scalp.

“I was in no doubt in my mind that I was in the process of dying,” she said.

She was saved when a woman dressed all in black “put her arms around me,” and other women closed ranks around her until soldiers arrived.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx1FpHBfiGg&feature=relmfu]Lara Logan: Assault in Egypt "merciless" - YouTube[/ame]

If anyone could be said to be "asking for it" this woman did.

wtf?? What kind of an asshole thing is that to say?

It's true! That's only because I give her some credit for not being dumb as a fence post.

This was an incredibly violent and volatile situation, in a culture that does not extend basic humanity toward women, in a country in which women have no rights, among a people who are at war with western culture. Walk into that and you are asking for whatever you get. Plain and simple.

Logan may have thought that she was in some American type riot where laughing looters would be trying to grab some camera face time and throw gang signs for the public. She was mistaken.

Obama's new puppets are really cool huh? I'm glad he's spending all that American Taxpayer cash propping them up. WTG!

It's true! That's only because I give her some credit for not being dumb as a fence post.

This was an incredibly violent and volatile situation, in a culture that does not extend basic humanity toward women, in a country in which women have no rights, among a people who are at war with western culture. Walk into that and you are asking for whatever you get. Plain and simple.

Logan may have thought that she was in some American type riot where laughing looters would be trying to grab some camera face time and throw gang signs for the public. She was mistaken.

fuck off creep

She may have been stupid, but NOBODY asks for that kind of treatment. That was a dumb thing to say on your part.

So much for democracy in Egypt :doubt:

You wouldnt catch me anywhere near the middle east!

Last edited:
How odd... it's Obama's fault, it is Logan's fault.... blame anyone but those who actually participated in the assault.

Not liberal thinking... not conservative thinking.... just jack shit stupid at it's finest.

How odd... it's Obama's fault, it is Logan's fault.... blame anyone but those who actually participated in the assault.

Not liberal thinking... not conservative thinking.... just jack shit stupid at it's finest.

I did blame those who actually participated in the assault. They're Obama's new buddies, who are now running Egypt.

What Logan did is the same thing as someone walking out into a cross fire and complaining they got shot at.

This was not a random street crime. It was not in some random American city. It was in a place where she had no rights to begin with.

What Logan did is the same thing as someone walking out into a cross fire and complaining they got shot at.

This was not a random street crime. It was not in some random American city. It was in a place where she had no rights to begin with.

Well obviously she's a Democrat Dummy, but i don't like blaming the victim. I just can't blame her for this heinous crime. She didn't do anything wrong. I only have deep deep sympathy for her and her family.

I did blame those who actually participated in the assault. They're Obama's new buddies, who are now running Egypt.

Has nothing to do with Obama. What you achieve with your jack shit stupidity is to encourage the group thinking left to justify their delusional bullshit that all 'conservatives' are as dumb as you.

Idiot.

If those who participated in the assualt did anything wrong, it was wrong by OUR standards, to their standards in that country they were perfectly within their rights if not obligations. That's what makes blaming the perpetrators so hard. If they were HERE, no contest, they were wrong and should be punished. But they weren't here. They were in their own country where they make the laws. The laws put logan clearly in the wrong. The punishment for women being in the wrong is immediate.

Mere weeks after Lara Logan was assaulted Egyptian women were stripped in the streets then beaten because they were naked and the perpetrators STILL did nothing wrong according to their laws.

The perpetrators did nothing wrong, it's the CULTURE stupid!

Has nothing to do with Obama. What you achieve with your jack shit stupidity is to encourage the group thinking left to justify their delusional bullshit that all 'conservatives' are as dumb as you.

Idiot.

Oh Boo Hoo dipshit. :(

Forum List

Back