Catholicism is the most "normal" religion...

...at least most of us are pretty normal.

You don't have to wear a funny hat, a turban, or special underwear, or a prayer shawl.

No food is off limits, except meat on Fridays during Lent (just a few days per year).

They no longer really ask you to fast.

Almost nobody goes to Confession anymore. It's available at my church only 45 minutes per week.

Lots of people hang rosaries on their windshield, but that's mostly Hispanics, and many of them have no idea what it is when you ask them.

Many of us don't bother to go to Mass anymore, that one hour a week is just too much trouble for many people.

There's no altar boys any more, too controversial now I guess to let your kid hang around with priests.

All the priests are old, and pretty soon they will all die and I guess we will just have "services" without a Mass.

They got rid of most of the days of obligation, because people weren't going to Mass anyway.

Some people come in only on Christmas and Easter, expecting what?

Bibles are dusty for lack of use.

I guess what I mean by "normal" is normal American who really doesn't believe in much anymore.

The Catholic Church has shrunk to a pale shadow of its formerly awesome self.

Your typical married Catholic couple probably uses the pill.

They never talk about abortion or homosexuality in Mass, so really, is it really a sin anymore to do those things?

The American Catholic Church is dying, and might even die off completely if things don't change.

People are realizing that all religion is nothing more than superstition.

Something came from nothing is the greatest superstition of all. Comrade.

ALL superstition comes from nothing and is usually profit motivated.

World religion is a $1.2 trillion bilk.

You type like you have valid thoughts. In reality your thoughts about religion could have come from a chimpanzee. And might as well have, according to your "belief system". What's the difference?

My belief system is valid as it is based on facts rather than faith.
Evolution and Uniformatariaism are based on opinions of data but without any first-handed eyewitness to the events such people choose to believe.

You type like you have valid thoughts. In reality your thoughts about religion could have come from a chimpanzee. And might as well have, according to your "belief system". What's the difference?

Yes. Something came out of nothing.

Very factual.

Indisputably.

Excellent! Should be easy for you to explain then, using facts. Go for it, I'll wait right here

People are realizing that all religion is nothing more than superstition.

Evolution and Uniformatariaism are based on opinions of data but without any first-handed eyewitness to the events such people choose to believe.

Unlike religion, evolution actually has data.

Yes. Something came out of nothing.

Very factual.

Indisputably.

Excellent! Should be easy for you to explain then, using facts. Go for it, I'll wait right here

Explain what? Please finish your sentence.

they definitely need to lose that ridiculous 'celibacy rule', for sure; it wasn't the case with the early Church, it's a later rule, and the reason for it was not very reasonable. In many places it's the nuns holding up the edifice on their shoulders, and getting no thanks or appreciation at all for it from the Church's bureaucrats.
Are you a priest or former priest? Or put another way: Should people who are not a member of the Shriner's Club be insisting that Shriners not wear those small hats?

Not Catholic, not a freaking idiot, either; it's unnatural not to marry, an a rule requiring it based on some 6th century faggot mentality only attracts mostly homosexual predators as a great cover. Being a Catholic isn't a requirement for commenting on them; their leadership has never minded commenting on or participating in anybody else's elections or politics in their entire history, so anyone is free to comment on their obviously flawed internal laws.

And yes, Shriners need to ditch the stupid hats as well.

Evolution and Uniformatarianism are based on opinions of data but without any first-handed eyewitness to the events such people choose to believe.

Unlike evolution religion has purpose and a plan. And in the case of Judaism and Christianity, there is most certainly archaeological evidence and scientific considerations that were either revealed by GOD or simply a lucky guess. Lucky guess are hardly scientifically or mathematically reasonable...

Evolution and Uniformatarianism are based on opinions of data but without any first-handed eyewitness to the events such people choose to believe.

Unlike evolution religion has purpose and a plan. And in the case of Judaism and Christianity, there is most certainly archaeological evidence and scientific considerations that were either revealed by GOD or simply a lucky guess. Lucky guess are hardly scientifically or mathematically reasonable...

Unlike evolution religion has purpose and a plan.

Sure,1.2 trillion dollars.

And evolutionists are living in squalor...:2cents:

Catholicism is the most "normal" religion..

No.
Actually the basic form of Bhuddism is. It comes without an invisible friend in the sky and seeks for answers through spiritualism.
They have the same issues as othe religions as soon as they are institutionalized, but the underlying ideas are less irrational.

And evolutionists are living in squalor...:2cents:

Evolutionists are scientists, Religionists are hucksters.

You don't have to wear a funny hat, a turban, or special underwear, or a prayer shawl.

No food is off limits, except meat on Fridays during Lent (just a few days per year).

Almost nobody goes to Confession anymore. It's available at my church only 45 minutes per week.

Lots of people hang rosaries on their windshield, but that's mostly Hispanics, and many of them have no idea what it is when you ask them.

Many of us don't bother to go to Mass anymore, that one hour a week is just too much trouble for many people.

There's no altar boys any more, too controversial now I guess to let your kid hang around with priests.

All the priests are old, and pretty soon they will all die and I guess we will just have "services" without a Mass.

They got rid of most of the days of obligation, because people weren't going to Mass anyway.

I guess what I mean by "normal" is normal American who really doesn't believe in much anymore.

They never talk about abortion or homosexuality in Mass, so really, is it really a sin anymore to do those things?

The American Catholic Church is dying, and might even die off completely if things don't change.

Unfortunately they bow to a carved image behind the pulpit, And kiss their little icon crosses. Statues forbidden to use in the OT. Neither one can do a thing. Jesus is king of kings in heaven siting on a throne. He is not in any graven image.They prove they do not know Jesus in their pictures of him. It was a dishonor for a Israelite male to have long hair. Except for the Nazarite males( Samson) They could not drink alcohol. Jesus was Nazarene not Nazarite. So they been portraying him bringing dishonor upon his Fathers name as well as his own= darkness.

Hilarious how the 'rationalists' think evolution is science, and they also think 'scientists' don't routinely lie for money and are 'incorruptible', which of course is a total load of rubbish, in both cases. So much for then being 'educated and smart'. lol lol lol

Small wonder these 'intellectuals' are the first to be killed when 'atheist', 'scientific' governments, like Mao's, Stalin's, and Pol Pot's, seize power, by the millions.

Hilarious how the 'rationalists' think evolution is science, and they also think 'scientists' don't routinely lie for money and are 'incorruptible', which of course is a total load of rubbish, in both cases. So much for then being 'educated and smart'. lol lol lol

Small wonder these 'intellectuals' are the first to be killed when 'atheist', 'scientific' governments, like Mao's, Stalin's, and Pol Pot's, seize power, by the millions.
Hilarious how the 'rationalists' think evolution is science -

certainly no less so than to rationally believe catholicism is a religion, is that your reason for misunderstanding evolution ...

You are a linear thinker in a cyclical universe.

Everything is as it should be. Have a little faith.

"Perhaps it will never end." (Derrida, O Grammatology)

Post #3: Concerning the Freudian devouring drive, there is....

'Santner refers here to the well-known paradox of 'There are no cannibals in our tribe, we ate the last one yesterday,' conceiving Moses as the exemplary figure of such a last cannibal abolishing the condition of cannibalism (and, in contrast, the figure of Jesus as the last meal, the last victim to be slaughtered and eaten -- following Rene Girard, who has conceived Christ's crucifixion as the sacrifice to end all sacrifices [Girard R, The Scapegoat]).'
(Zizek S, The Fragile Absolute p. 63 The Fantasmatic Real)

Everything is as it should be.
Tell that to the millions of people with cancer.
You must really fear death. Everyone's gonna die. No one gets out of here alive.

Your belief that the virtue of being created entitles you to a happy life - that anything less means you are being deprived - proves there is a God.

You must really fear death. Everyone's gonna die. No one gets out of here alive.

Your belief that the virtue of being created entitles you to a happy life - that anything less means you are being deprived - proves there is a God.
People die, sure, but not everyone dies of a horrible cancer or lifelong disease... Things made by your god. But for what purpose?

People die, sure, but not everyone dies of a horrible cancer or lifelong disease... Things made by your god. But for what purpose?
Your belief that by the virtue of merely being created entitles you to a happy life - that anything less means you are being deprived - proves there is a God.

Forum List

Back