Catholicism is the most "normal" religion...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...at least most of us are pretty normal.

You don't have to wear a funny hat, a turban, or special underwear, or a prayer shawl.

No food is off limits, except meat on Fridays during Lent (just a few days per year).

They no longer really ask you to fast.

Almost nobody goes to Confession anymore. It's available at my church only 45 minutes per week.

Lots of people hang rosaries on their windshield, but that's mostly Hispanics, and many of them have no idea what it is when you ask them.

Many of us don't bother to go to Mass anymore, that one hour a week is just too much trouble for many people.

There's no altar boys any more, too controversial now I guess to let your kid hang around with priests.

All the priests are old, and pretty soon they will all die and I guess we will just have "services" without a Mass.

They got rid of most of the days of obligation, because people weren't going to Mass anyway.

Some people come in only on Christmas and Easter, expecting what?

Bibles are dusty for lack of use.

I guess what I mean by "normal" is normal American who really doesn't believe in much anymore.

The Catholic Church has shrunk to a pale shadow of its formerly awesome self.

Your typical married Catholic couple probably uses the pill.

They never talk about abortion or homosexuality in Mass, so really, is it really a sin anymore to do those things?

The American Catholic Church is dying, and might even die off completely if things don't change.

they definitely need to lose that ridiculous 'celibacy rule', for sure; it wasn't the case with the early Church, it's a later rule, and the reason for it was not very reasonable. In many places it's the nuns holding up the edifice on their shoulders, and getting no thanks or appreciation at all for it from the Church's bureaucrats.

they definitely need to lose that ridiculous 'celibacy rule', for sure; it wasn't the case with the early Church, it's a later rule, and the reason for it was not very reasonable. In many places it's the nuns holding up the edifice on their shoulders, and getting no thanks or appreciation at all for it from the Church's bureaucrats.

Peter was supposedly the first Pope and he was married.

Go figure.

Peter was supposedly the first Pope and he was married.

Go figure.

Yes, that is a bizarre deal re Catholic Church law, given the history of the Apostles, the Apostolic Fathers, and the first few hundred years of priests.

You don't have to wear a funny hat, a turban, or special underwear, or a prayer shawl.

No food is off limits, except meat on Fridays during Lent (just a few days per year).

Almost nobody goes to Confession anymore. It's available at my church only 45 minutes per week.

Lots of people hang rosaries on their windshield, but that's mostly Hispanics, and many of them have no idea what it is when you ask them.

Many of us don't bother to go to Mass anymore, that one hour a week is just too much trouble for many people.

There's no altar boys any more, too controversial now I guess to let your kid hang around with priests.

All the priests are old, and pretty soon they will all die and I guess we will just have "services" without a Mass.

They got rid of most of the days of obligation, because people weren't going to Mass anyway.

I guess what I mean by "normal" is normal American who really doesn't believe in much anymore.

They never talk about abortion or homosexuality in Mass, so really, is it really a sin anymore to do those things?

The American Catholic Church is dying, and might even die off completely if things don't change.
Catholicism is an aberration. It is the COUNTERFEIT of Christ's "little flock."

It has borrowed HEAVILY from paganism. God HATES the "sin of mixtures"
."You shall not worship the Lord your God as the nation's around you worship their gods." Yet Catholics do.

You keep pagan Sunday, Saturnailia and Ishtar. You eat what GOD clearly told you is "unclean" as food. You teach the pagan concepts of heaven and eternal torture in hell as reward and punishment. You make for yourself as idols and worship them. You pray to "saints" like the pagans do. Your Peter was Simon Magus and you don't even realize it.

I had to go through this Catholic thing as a child, finding something to cover my head to enter the church because I was (gasp!) a female person. I had to go to the Vatican with the Mommy Dearest in her veil. Vomit.

Now we've got the evangelicals, the jeffress and graham.. Vomit.

When does this shit end? It hits particularly hard on female people. When does it stop?

Are you a priest or former priest? Or put another way: Should people who are not a member of the Shriner's Club be insisting that Shriners not wear those small hats?

Don’t take such a short term view. In the history of Christianity things have been much bleaker.

Are you a priest or former priest? Or put another way: Should people who are not a member of the Shriner's Club be insisting that Shriners not wear those small hats?

Not Catholic, not a freaking idiot, either; it's unnatural not to marry, an a rule requiring it based on some 6th century faggot mentality only attracts mostly homosexual predators as a great cover. Being a Catholic isn't a requirement for commenting on them; their leadership has never minded commenting on or participating in anybody else's elections or politics in their entire history, so anyone is free to comment on their obviously flawed internal laws.

And yes, Shriners need to ditch the stupid hats as well.

I had to go through this Catholic thing as a child, finding something to cover my head to enter the church because I was (gasp!) a female person. I had to go to the Vatican with the Mommy Dearest in her veil. Vomit.

When does this shit end? It hits particularly hard on female people. When does it stop?
Let me guess. You're not allowed to say the word "woman."

Let me guess. You're not allowed to say the word "woman."

I went through the whole Catholic thing. My Mommy was into this and dragged me through it, even to the Vatican. Vomit. She never apologized to me. Now we've got these jeffress people.

they definitely need to lose that ridiculous 'celibacy rule',

more so they need to lose the christ story and begin learning how to become and live sinless, wholesome lives and triumph permanently over evil. remove the selfishness from their religion.

Catholicism is the most "normal" religion...

scared.jpg

The success of the Catholic Church can be measured in souls saved.

The failure of the Catholic Church can be measured in souls lost.

It's a very high stakes situation, the highest stakes possible.

The success of the Catholic Church can be measured in souls saved.

The failure of the Catholic Church can be measured in souls lost.

It's a very high stakes situation, the highest stakes possible.
Thank GOD that Jesus Christ saves souls and not churches.

Forum List

Back