Zone1 one reason Catholicism is widely hated: People worship freedom

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
In America, freedom is just about everything, including the freedom to murder your children if you so choose.

Then there's the freedom of being a pervert. It seems that no perversion (transgenderism, faggotry... u name it) is off limits anymore.

Again, it all began long ago... 500 years ago, to be exact, with Martin Luther and his breach with the Original Church. Luther went downhill somewhat slowly (?), but downhill he definitely went. Read The Facts About Luther if you don't agree...

And then came other groups who didn't want to be told what to do by a worldwide Church that was against everything from stealing to Communism, to adultery (Henry VIII) to.. you name it.

So anyhow, however we got here, we did get here... drag shows for children... :bang3: etc... etc

64 million babies murdered under Roe and who knows how many abortions are still happening.

All because we worship FREEDOM

But of course, with abortion on demand (and really all of the above), it is "freedom for ME-- not for thee (you unborn ones)"

:eusa_doh:

The Catholic church rejects the supernatural story in their bibles of Genesis, and instead allow their flock to accept Darwinian evolution in it's place.

Of course the other Christian sects are going to object to that as being evil!

It's expected that real Christians accept the word of the god, contained in their bibles, to be 100% true in a literal sense.

They need to speak out to defend the truth and the word. There should be no embarrassment and no backsliding! They can't be parttime Christians when it suits their agenda.

Clearly the Catholic church has succumbed to science, instead of remaining true to it's faith.

Good Christians who keep the faith should pay no attention to atheists who celebrate the backsliding of the CC. It can only be described as supporting the evil of science's theories and speculations.

I wonder if Protestants view Catholics the way Jews view Christians, in that they infer blasphemy to those teachings. To Protestants, much of Catholic doctrine seems to be non- or even anti-biblical. To Jews, the deification of Jesus also seems to be anti-biblical. Is there any middle ground?

The Catholic church rejects the supernatural story in their bibles of Genesis, and instead allow their flock to accept Darwinian evolution in it's place.

Of course the other Christian sects are going to object to that as being evil!

It's expected that real Christians accept the word of the god, contained in their bibles, to be 100% true in a literal sense.

They need to speak out to defend the truth and the word. There should be no embarrassment and no backsliding! They can't be parttime Christians when it suits their agenda.

Clearly the Catholic church has succumbed to science, instead of remaining true to it's faith.

Good Christians who keep the faith should pay no attention to atheists who celebrate the backsliding of the CC. It can only be described as supporting the evil of science's theories and speculations.

I'm not so sure that older Catholics have disposed of their belief concerning the creation that they grew up believing. If I asked any of the Catholics I know about creation, they would refer me to Genesis.
I think it's the leadership of the church that has become so worldly, and it fits right in with the worldly children we are raising. They'll believe anything if you attach the phrase settled science to it.

Last edited:
I wonder if Protestants view Catholics the way Jews view Christians, in that they infer blasphemy to those teachings. To Protestants, much of Catholic doctrine seems to be non- or even anti-biblical. To Jews, the deification of Jesus also seems to be anti-biblical. Is there any middle ground?
Catholics have sold the farm to Darwinian evolution and there's no excuses that can make creation and evolution work together. That would be like saying that Eve rode on the back of a Brontosaurus to pick apples that weren't lowhanging fruit!

"Jews view Christians" is something I find difficult to wrap my mind around because it is on the order of wondering how does someone at Home Depot view people at a soccer game. Jews are focused on their beliefs and practices don't give much (if any) thought to what Christians are doing.

Jewish history records time after time of too many Jews not being as serious as they should have been at following their own faith, but instead readily accepting and willing to change to the other religions in their midst. Time after time God has come after to gather the remnant of faithful Jews back to himself. Faithful Jews keep their eyes on God and His Law so much so that little--if any--time is left to think about Christianity. Their assessment of Christians: Christians are not Jews, much like the people at Home Depot would note they are not people at a soccer game.

In my family, when all fifteen cousins got together, the child's eye view was that the seven Protestant cousins thought the eight Catholic cousins took religion too seriously; the eight Catholic cousins thought their Protestant cousins weren't serious enough. Within seconds, this settled to everyone's satisfaction, we were off to the ball field, baseball fanatics all, especially when we were together.

Catholics have sold the farm to Darwinian evolution and there's no excuses that can make creation and evolution work together.
Introducing satire:

Yes, Donald H., Catholics have put off Church celebrations on December 25 until February 12 when we all gather to celebrate Darwin's birthday. Bible study has been dropped in favor of in depth study of The Origin of Species. Each Sunday homily is about Darwin and the theories of evolution. The Sunday Bulletin covers, weekly, a select passage from his notes. The Mount House, Shrewsbury, United Kingdom--Darwin's birthplace--became a shrine on April 19, 1882 when Darwin evolved into the afterlife. All Catholics make a yearly pilgrimage to this shrine to honor him. It was unanimously decided that Mr. Darwin be canonized a Boffin, and in Catholic circles is formally called Boffin Charles Darwin, but is affectionately known as Ol' Chuckie-Boy.

Susanna Wedgwood Darwin, Charles' mother, is not mentioned in the Catholic Church, which Protestants note with approval, given how much attention had been given Mary. They are also satisfied that instead of a penance of Three Hail Marys after confession, Catholics now recite the Four Rules of Darwin.

Introducing satire:

Yes, Donald H., Catholics have put off Church celebrations on December 25 until February 12 when we all gather to celebrate Darwin's birthday. Bible study has been dropped in favor of in depth study of The Origin of Species. Each Sunday homily is about Darwin and the theories of evolution. The Sunday Bulletin covers, weekly, a select passage from his notes. The Mount House, Shrewsbury, United Kingdom--Darwin's birthplace--became a shrine on April 19, 1882 when Darwin evolved into the afterlife. All Catholics make a yearly pilgrimage to this shrine to honor him. It was unanimously decided that Mr. Darwin be canonized a Boffin, and in Catholic circles is formally called Boffin Charles Darwin, but is affectionately known as Ol' Chuckie-Boy.

Susanna Wedgwood Darwin, Charles' mother, is not mentioned in the Catholic Church, which Protestants note with approval, given how much attention had been given Mary. They are also satisfied that instead of a penance of Three Hail Marys after confession, Catholics now recite the Four Rules of Darwin.
To the contrary my friend, Catholics try to sweep the truth under the rug so they can be at peace with the contradiction.

A Cultist desperately concerned to explain to himself How and Why his Cult is failing .

See how mentally he flails and writhes

God gives man a long rope with which to hang himself. But in time, if people stick with Jesus, they will learn a lot and He will be more than happy to show himself to them. If that doesn't happen, that is not on God but on the individual

Introducing satire:

LOL

"Jews view Christians" is something I find difficult to wrap my mind around because it is on the order of wondering how does someone at Home Depot view people at a soccer game. Jews are focused on their beliefs and practices don't give much (if any) thought to what Christians are doing.

J
Love the first sentence

as to the 2nd

I'd say a good 90% of them are NOT. I've read up on this somewhat. Most Jews are not religious Jews, just cultural ones

I'd say a good 90% of them are NOT. I've read up on this somewhat. Most Jews are not religious Jews, just cultural ones
I haven't read anything on that, just have had some personal experiences with Jews who do seriously follow and practice their faith. The trouble with social media is that we are pretty much locked into 'generally speaking' and 'generally speaking' is not always that accurate. It certainly doesn't tell the whole story.

Forum List

Back