What's wrong with the gay pride movement is not the "gay" it's the "pride"...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...it's one thing to be weak, and have sinful tendencies, and to succumb to temptation.

We all do that. We're all sinners, and we all need redemption.

The problem with "gay pride" is the idea that one need not seek redemption, because the sin is not a sin, but a aspect of your life to be "proud" of.

It would be like an adulterer, or a thief, or a murderer, insisting that they are "proud" of what they do.

But that's not happening.

I swear this forum talks about fags more than the Advocate.

We've been celebrating 'straight pride' forever. Why not a little 'gay pride'?

wpid-bond-girls-tgj-01.jpg

It's like the movies now don't even have an OPTION of putting gay in their story.

If the story is a typical heterosexual love story, some gay person has to walk in for a cameo.

It's like a rule that can't be broken.

I thought ya'all liked the attention?

Some do. Some don’t. I mostly just wish to be left alone to continue to live my life in peace and happiness.

Yeah I get that, but some are militant and up in your face. Annoying, I don't care if anyone is gay,, bi, str8 or any of the gazzilion labels just do your own thing and don't shove it in my face

Some do. Some don’t. I mostly just wish to be left alone to continue to live my life in peace and happiness.
Then why join a thread about gays if you want to be left alone in peace and happiness?

And why use the word "fags"?

You were obviously trying to provoke an angry reaction from me.

Yeah I get that, but some are militant and up in your face. Annoying, I don't care if anyone is gay,, bi, str8 or any of the gazzilion labels just do your own thing and don't shove it in my face

That militancy is a two-way street. I am not really wild about anti-gay goons shoving it in my face either. I usually avoid any person that feels the need to be loud and obnoxious.

That militancy is a two-way street. I am not really wild about anti-gay goons shoving it in my face either. I usually avoid any person that feels the need to be loud and obnoxious.

Assholes abound in every segment. I'm not real fond of atheists getting up in my biz either, certainly not the ones that don't have the first clue what faith is all about

The tendency is to write in a "gay best friend" who a straight character can talk to, and since they are gay, are ruled out as a love interest.

It's like having a pet, these "gay best friends." They love you unconditionally, but don't want to have sex with you.

...it's one thing to be weak, and have sinful tendencies, and to succumb to temptation.

We all do that. We're all sinners, and we all need redemption.

The problem with "gay pride" is the idea that one need not seek redemption, because the sin is not a sin, but a aspect of your life to be "proud" of.

It would be like an adulterer, or a thief, or a murderer, insisting that they are "proud" of what they do.

But that's not happening.
Holy Baby Jebuz, that is a jacked up comment about gay people, dude.

Just read a couple Truman Capote novels and you will feel better in the morning. Might take you a couple of days to do that but OK.

Then why join a thread about gays if you want to be left alone in peace and happiness?

Do you think I care about how you would react to anything? I don’t.

I just came here to read another one of your whines about fags.

I didn't read it that way. Just a little humor

Assholes abound in every segment. I'm not real fond of atheists getting up in my biz either, certainly not the ones that don't have the first clue what faith is all about
The tendency is to write in a "gay best friend" who a straight character can talk to, and since they are gay, are ruled out as a love interest.

It's like having a pet, these "gay best friends." They love you unconditionally, but don't want to have sex with you.
Get over yourself and find a boyfriend.

Don't judge lest you be judged and let those without sin cast the first stone

With that said if you get in my face I'm going to react

Don't judge lest you be judged and let those without sin cast the first stone

With that said if you get in my face I'm going to react
LOL! You're just looking for someone to get into a pissing contest with. Bunch of nonsense.

I didn't read it that way. Just a little humor
No, he's deliberately being abusive, which is what he always does when we debate each other.

Forum List

Back