Catholicism is the most "normal" religion...

For me any person who says he is more normal than others is abnormal.
Same is about any groups - social, national, religional...

Almost all religions came from the same source but were decorated in different ways. Christianity, Islam, Judaism is a mix of Babylonian rules and ancient Greek paganism, quite like 3 babies born in same family but living different lives.
So how can any of them consider themselves more normal or more correct?

...at least most of us are pretty normal.

You don't have to wear a funny hat, a turban, or special underwear, or a prayer shawl.

No food is off limits, except meat on Fridays during Lent (just a few days per year).

They no longer really ask you to fast.

Almost nobody goes to Confession anymore. It's available at my church only 45 minutes per week.

Lots of people hang rosaries on their windshield, but that's mostly Hispanics, and many of them have no idea what it is when you ask them.

Many of us don't bother to go to Mass anymore, that one hour a week is just too much trouble for many people.

There's no altar boys any more, too controversial now I guess to let your kid hang around with priests.

All the priests are old, and pretty soon they will all die and I guess we will just have "services" without a Mass.

They got rid of most of the days of obligation, because people weren't going to Mass anyway.

Some people come in only on Christmas and Easter, expecting what?

Bibles are dusty for lack of use.

I guess what I mean by "normal" is normal American who really doesn't believe in much anymore.

The Catholic Church has shrunk to a pale shadow of its formerly awesome self.

Your typical married Catholic couple probably uses the pill.

They never talk about abortion or homosexuality in Mass, so really, is it really a sin anymore to do those things?

The American Catholic Church is dying, and might even die off completely if things don't change.

People are realizing that all religion is nothing more than superstition.

You don't have to wear a funny hat, a turban, or special underwear, or a prayer shawl.

No food is off limits, except meat on Fridays during Lent (just a few days per year).

Almost nobody goes to Confession anymore. It's available at my church only 45 minutes per week.

Lots of people hang rosaries on their windshield, but that's mostly Hispanics, and many of them have no idea what it is when you ask them.

Many of us don't bother to go to Mass anymore, that one hour a week is just too much trouble for many people.

There's no altar boys any more, too controversial now I guess to let your kid hang around with priests.

All the priests are old, and pretty soon they will all die and I guess we will just have "services" without a Mass.

They got rid of most of the days of obligation, because people weren't going to Mass anyway.

I guess what I mean by "normal" is normal American who really doesn't believe in much anymore.

They never talk about abortion or homosexuality in Mass, so really, is it really a sin anymore to do those things?

The American Catholic Church is dying, and might even die off completely if things don't change.
So... pedophile priests are a normal thing?

Normal?

Men are abnormal because women make up the majority in the US.

Normal is a relative term. Doesn't mean much at all.

For me any person who says he is more normal than others is abnormal.Same is about any groups - social, national, religional...Almost all religions came from the same source but were decorated in different ways. Christianity, Islam, Judaism is a mix of Babylonian rules and ancient Greek paganism, quite like 3 babies born in same family but living different lives. So how can any of them consider themselves more normal or more correct?
`
Of the three "Abrahamic" faiths, only the Jews have remained relatively unchanged.

I had to go through this Catholic thing as a child, finding something to cover my head to enter the church because I was (gasp!) a female person. I had to go to the Vatican with the Mommy Dearest in her veil. Vomit.

Now we've got the evangelicals, the jeffress and graham.. Vomit.

When does this shit end? It hits particularly hard on female people. When does it stop?
Let me guess. You're not allowed to say the word "woman."

She called me that one time too: a "female person". I said I'm not a "female person", I'm a woman.

It's so stupid.

Something came from nothing is the greatest superstition of all. Comrade.

I had to go through this Catholic thing as a child, finding something to cover my head to enter the church because I was (gasp!) a female person. I had to go to the Vatican with the Mommy Dearest in her veil. Vomit.

When does this shit end? It hits particularly hard on female people. When does it stop?

She called me that one time too: a "female person". I said I'm not a "female person", I'm a woman.

It's so stupid.

You are not a person who happens to be female? What are you, then? I do this to emphasize that people are human beings first, regardless of their chromosome arrangement, all entitled to the same rights and privileges.

You have to admit that these religions treat people differently depending on whether they've got an "X" or a "Y" chromosome. This goes for all three of the "Abrahamic" religions. Why should anyone have a problem confronting this fact?

I'm just saying that I got dragged through this, when it was a colossal waste of my time. But at least I got to see the Sistine Chapel, some cool Bernini stuff, and some truly weird catacombs. Unfortunately, I was stopped by some crazy nun on the steps of St. Peter's because I was wearing a sleeve blouse, bought for me by Mommy, and had to stuff tissues in it to cover my shoulders and get into the church.

There seems to be no end to the weird shit some people will put you through because you have an "X" chromosome.

It's so stupid.

You are not a person who happens to be female? What are you, then? I do this to emphasize that people are human beings first, regardless of their chromosome arrangement, all entitled to the same rights and privileges.

You have to admit that these religions treat people differently depending on whether they've got an "X" or a "Y" chromosome. This goes for all three of the "Abrahamic" religions. Why should anyone have a problem confronting this fact?

I'm just saying that I got dragged through this, when it was a colossal waste of my time. But at least I got to see the Sistine Chapel, some cool Bernini stuff, and some truly weird catacombs. Unfortunately, I was stopped by some crazy nun on the steps of St. Peter's because I was wearing a sleeve blouse, bought for me by Mommy, and had to stuff tissues in it to cover my shoulders and get into the church.

There seems to be no end to the weird shit some people will put you through because you have an "X" chromosome.

You are older than me and still refer to your mother as "Mommy", but to women as "female persons".

I really think that's all I need to know.

Really.

People are just lazy today and are clueless. Superstition is for the guy who buys lottery tickets.

For me any person who says he is more normal than others is abnormal.Same is about any groups - social, national, religional...Almost all religions came from the same source but were decorated in different ways. Christianity, Islam, Judaism is a mix of Babylonian rules and ancient Greek paganism, quite like 3 babies born in same family but living different lives. So how can any of them consider themselves more normal or more correct?
`
Of the three "Abrahamic" faiths, only the Jews have remained relatively unchanged.
So you still offer blood sacrifices in the Holy of Holy's? Christianity certainly has various denominations. However, aside from the the buildings and the way people dress and the music style, the OLD TIME RELIGION is still very much unchanged for nearly 2000 years now. Jesus is the only sacrifice necessary.

It's so stupid.

You are older than me and still refer to your mother as "Mommy", but to women as "female persons".

I really think that's all I need to know.

Really.

I only refer to her as "Mommy" to be funny because she did the whole "Mommy Dearest" crap. Lacy mantilla and all. And I was her only daughter so she dragged me along through the whole nine yards. Fortunately for me, she had a younger sister who was a woman of the world; who traveled the world with the USAF, lived abroad, served in Vietnam, watched over me, I think from my birth. My God Mother. So I had someone to rescue me. To tell me what was BS and what wasn't. To tell me what the true deal was. Every girl should have a military officer watching over her. I was blessed in this regard.

Of the two, guess which one I miss the most.

You still have not explained why you are not a "female person."

ALL superstition comes from nothing and is usually profit motivated.

World religion is a $1.2 trillion bilk.

People are just lazy today and are clueless. Superstition is for the guy who buys lottery tickets.

A lottery is a game of chance where someone or a group wins. In religion, nobody except the folks that are the organizers actually win.

You type like you have valid thoughts. In reality your thoughts about religion could have come from a chimpanzee. And might as well have, according to your "belief system". What's the difference?

You type like you have valid thoughts. In reality your thoughts about religion could have come from a chimpanzee. And might as well have, according to your "belief system". What's the difference?

My belief system is valid as it is based on facts rather than faith.

Yes. Something came out of nothing.

Very factual.

Yes. Something came out of nothing.

Very factual.

Indisputably.

Forum List

Back