Can somebody, anybody define what hell is a Christian in this country?

Stupid is believing that nothing exists outside of one's 5 senses and nothing happens outside of one's personal experiences, considering that one's senses and experiences are so finite, ones existence so abbreviated against the backdrop of an ancient universe filled with wonders beyond our imagination.

That's you, stupid and not afraid to let everyone know.
“It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” – Carl Sagan

“God is an ever-receding pocket of ignorance that’s getting smaller and smaller as time goes on.”– Neil deGrasse Tyson

Supposing there was no intelligence behind the universe, no creative mind. In that case, nobody designed my brain for the purpose of thinking.
It is merely that when atoms inside my head happen, for physical or chemical reasons, to arrange themselves in a certain way, this gives me, as a by-product,
the sensation I call thought. But, if so, how can I trust my own thinking to be true? It's like upsetting a milk jug and hoping that the way it splashes
gives you a map of London. But if I can't trust my own thinking, of course I can't trust the arguments leading to Atheism, and therefore have no reason
to be an Atheist, or anything else. Unless I believe in God, I cannot believe in thought: so I can never use thought to disbelieve God.

--C.S. Lewis
I don't connect those dots. Sorry but cl lewis didn't just prove God.

Like I said yesterday, no amount of evidence or citations will convince you. Either you're incapable of connecting the dots, or you simply won't.
Or I'm right

Or, you're dishonest.

You don't know what we give as individuals. What we do know is collectively you Christians aren't giving enough.

How do you know what we give? If you want to exemplify what it means to be a good Christian, become one, teach us all the error of our ways. Show all of Christianity what it means to carry out God's will. Teach us what is meant by "it is better to give than to receive."

There are 2 billion Christians on planet Earth, and you're going to tell me that we don't give enough as a collective? Don't lecture us on charity. Please.

Are Religious People More Generous?
Then why are hungry people coming to the soup kitchen I'm working at tomorrow? You aren't giving enough.

And who do you think runs those soup kitchens? Tell me. Who? Because there are plenty of soup kitchens run by Christian nonprofits all across America. All the meanwhile you remain cooped up in your anti religious bubble.
Maybe I'll push you to be better Christians. God sent me to test you. How you doing?

LOL. Cute. Now you can't rebut me seriously

“It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” – Carl Sagan

“God is an ever-receding pocket of ignorance that’s getting smaller and smaller as time goes on.”– Neil deGrasse Tyson

Supposing there was no intelligence behind the universe, no creative mind. In that case, nobody designed my brain for the purpose of thinking.
It is merely that when atoms inside my head happen, for physical or chemical reasons, to arrange themselves in a certain way, this gives me, as a by-product,
the sensation I call thought. But, if so, how can I trust my own thinking to be true? It's like upsetting a milk jug and hoping that the way it splashes
gives you a map of London. But if I can't trust my own thinking, of course I can't trust the arguments leading to Atheism, and therefore have no reason
to be an Atheist, or anything else. Unless I believe in God, I cannot believe in thought: so I can never use thought to disbelieve God.

--C.S. Lewis

Like I said yesterday, no amount of evidence or citations will convince you. Either you're incapable of connecting the dots, or you simply won't.
Or I'm right

Or, you're dishonest.
Yea because the devil has possessed me.

--C.S. Lewis

Or I'm right

Or, you're dishonest.

I never said that. You're just being an ass right now.

You don't know what we give as individuals. What we do know is collectively you Christians aren't giving enough.

How do you know what we give? If you want to exemplify what it means to be a good Christian, become one, teach us all the error of our ways. Show all of Christianity what it means to carry out God's will. Teach us what is meant by "it is better to give than to receive."

There are 2 billion Christians on planet Earth, and you're going to tell me that we don't give enough as a collective? Don't lecture us on charity. Please.

Are Religious People More Generous?
Then why are hungry people coming to the soup kitchen I'm working at tomorrow? You aren't giving enough.

And who do you think runs those soup kitchens? Tell me. Who? Because there are plenty of soup kitchens run by Christian nonprofits all across America. All the meanwhile you remain cooped up in your anti religious bubble.
Maybe I'll push you to be better Christians. God sent me to test you. How you doing?

LOL. Cute. Now you can't rebut me seriously
What did you say that needs rebutting?

Or I'm right

Or, you're dishonest.

I never said that. You're just being an ass right now.
Why would I be being dishonest then? That would make me either incredibly evil or dumb.

Either I'm right or wrong but one thing for sure I believe what I say and say what I believe

Why would I be being dishonest then? That would make me either incredibly evil or dumb.

Or perhaps both.

You tell me Christians don't give enough, yet you don't present evidence. Just words to back up your accusation.

Either I'm right or wrong but one thing for sure I believe what I say and say what I believe

I have nothing wrong with you doing that, it's not my place to dictate whether you do or you don't.

But be prepared to be challenged on your views and beliefs. It is my right to challenge you with my own beliefs.

Or perhaps both.

You tell me Christians don't give enough, yet you don't present evidence. Just words to back up your accusation.

I have nothing wrong with you doing that, it's not my place to dictate whether you do or you don't.

But be prepared to be challenged on your views and beliefs. It is my right to challenge you with my own beliefs.
You need proof? Look at the number of people working and living below the poverty level. Your entire society doesn't do enough even with the governments help. Maybe you'd give more if the government stopped taxing you to help the poor. Tell me, what will you do with the extra $10 a year you probably contribute towards welfare. Get my point? If the government collects $10 from everyone to solve a problem, you shouldn't have to donate a ton of money.

Your crying about being charged $10 because youd rather give $100 to charity? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

But I understand the conservatives selfish reasons for not wanting to be forced to help a cause. They don't get the feel good feeling you get when you give to the person ringing the bell. You want to get a thankyou

Or perhaps both.

You need proof? Look at the number of people working and living below the poverty level. Your entire society doesn't do enough even with the governments help. Maybe you'd give more if the government stopped taxing you to help the poor. Tell me, what will you do with the extra $10 a year you probably contribute towards welfare. Get my point? If the government collects $10 from everyone to solve a problem, you shouldn't have to donate a ton of money.

Your crying about being charged $10 because youd rather give $100 to charity? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

But I understand the conservatives selfish reasons for not wanting to be forced to help a cause. They don't get the feel good feeling you get when you give to the person ringing the bell. You want to get a thankyou

More words, no actual evidence. Talking points, not evidence.

Or perhaps both.

Funny you don't require evidence for God. Words alone convinced you God is real. Interesting.

Look at the number of people working and living below the poverty level. Your entire society doesn't do enough even with the governments help.
Your crying about being charged $10 because you'd rather give $100 to charity? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

It's not Christianity anymore, it's society now. Yes, just move the goalposts.

You cry about people not getting more, yet you're demanding, yes, demanding that others give more. Lets see, do you give generously, do you help others when you can? Do you feed, clothe and shelter those in need in your own home? If you do, that's commendable, but seeing how nobody I know would open their home to complete strangers, I can safely assume you wouldn't either.

You cry and whine about the ills of society, the poor and downtrodden, but even you won't go the extra mile.

When I was about 9 years old, I donated one of my favorite toys to Toys for Tots, because I realized there were kids like me who wouldn't get all the snazzy gifts I would get on Christmas morning.

I've given money and food to homeless people living in their cars.

We bought two weeks worth of food for one couple with children living in their car outside of a KFC, on my 24th birthday. I can even remember a few years back giving money to a homeless old man sitting out in the bitter cold outside of a Krystal so he could get a cup of hot coffee and get out of the cold. I take pity on people, you judge people.

Contrary to your beliefs about Christians, there are those of us who give what little we have to help the less fortunate. Yes, there are those of us right around that level, still giving despite our financial inadequacies.

Last edited:

Or perhaps both.

Funny you don't require evidence for God. Words alone convinced you God is real. Interesting.

The very fact I woke up this morning is due to the grace and providence of God. What other evidence do I need?

Look at the number of people working and living below the poverty level. Your entire society doesn't do enough even with the governments help.
Your crying about being charged $10 because you'd rather give $100 to charity? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

It's not Christianity anymore, it's society now. Yes, just move the goalposts.

You cry about people not getting more, yet you're demanding, yes, demanding that others give more. Lets see, do you give generously, do you help others when you can? Do you feed, clothe and shelter those in need in your own home? If you do, that's commendable, but seeing how nobody I know would open their home to complete strangers, I can safely assume you wouldn't either.

You cry and whine about the ills of society, the poor and downtrodden, but even you won't go the extra mile.

When I was about 9 years old, I donated one of my favorite toys to Toys for Tots, because I realized there were kids like me who wouldn't get all the snazzy gifts I would get on Christmas morning.

I've given money and food to homeless people living in their cars. We bought two weeks worth of food for one couple with children living in their car outside of a KFC, on my 24th birthday. I can even remember a few years back giving money to a homeless old man sitting out in the bitter cold outside a Krystal so he could get a cup of hot coffee and get out of the cold. I take pity on people, you judge people.

Contrary to your beliefs about Christians, there are those of us who give what little we have to help the less fortunate.
I know there are many good Muslims Jews and Christians.

On another note, have you ever seen Louis ck's bit about how he should drive a $30,000 car instead of his $50,000 car and give that money to people who need it but fuck it he says.

Or perhaps both.

The very fact I woke up this morning is due to the grace and providence of God. What other evidence do I need?
You could thank your parents for mating that night. Or your grandparents for having them or your great grandparents for having them. Im agine all the brothers and sisters you never had because they were never born. My parents had two kids. What about the 18 or so kids that never happened because the spirm didn't reach the egg.

Yes consider yourself very lucky and I see why people believe there must be a God. It's such a human concept.

On another note, have you ever seen Louis ck's bit about how he should drive a $30,000 car instead of his $50,000 car and give that money to people who need it but fuck it he says.

Eh?
Think about it. We're all driving around in expensive new cars. Instead of buying a $30k fusion I could drive a $20k focus and get around just fine but instead I go with the fusion.

Eh?
Think about it. We're all driving around in expensive new cars. Instead of buying a $30k fusion I could drive a $20k focus and get around just fine but instead I go with the fusion.

You're losing me here.

Eh?

You're losing me here.
It's a joke! Instead of driving a perfectly fine car that costs $20k and give the other $10k to charity we say screw it and buy the more expensive car. If you still don't get it never mind.

You could thank your parents for mating that night. Or your grandparents for having them or your great grandparents for having them. Im agine all the brothers and sisters you never had because they were never born. My parents had two kids. What about the 18 or so kids that never happened because the spirm didn't reach the egg.

Yes consider yourself very lucky and I see why people believe there must be a God. It's such a human concept.

This went by you both ways on a four lane highway. I can thank God for the fact that he let them come together to give birth to me. I can thank God that I have such a rich lineage. Without anyone, my father or mother, without their mothers and fathers and so forth, I wouldn't be here. That is all due to the grace and providence of God.

You take a hammer and chisel and create a statue. Did nothing create the statue, or did you create that statue?

Do you ever wonder what made you? A primordial pool of goo, a random convergence of DNA? Or God?

Now,

An Atheist billionaire, soaked in luxury, gives a million bucks to charity

A poor Christian woman gives the last five bucks she has to charity.

Who gave more?

Last edited:

Eh?

You're losing me here.
It's a joke! Instead of driving a perfectly fine car that costs $20k and give the other $10k to charity we say screw it and buy the more expensive car. If you still don't get it never mind.

Because your analogy is flawed. I live in a poor family. We are taught to get the most out of what money we have. More bang for your buck. If $10,000 doesn't get you the car you need, and the car you need costs $20,000, you're more than willing to get the car that's more expensive.

You don't know what motivates people's decisions with their money.

Think of it this way

You're at the grocery store, you see loaf a of 4 pieces of bread being advertised for a dollar, and a loaf of 10 slices for two. Or, you see a loaf of 4 pieces of bread for two bucks, and a loaf of 10 for a dollar.

Guess which one I'm getting? It's not just math, it's common sense.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back