Can somebody, anybody define what hell is a Christian in this country?

It time to dust off the fake bible, pretend we all go to church every Sunday and get ready for the joyful spirit of the holiday season, THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS. Its also time for the so called Christians in this country to drudge of the usual anti Obama liberal attacks on our beloved Christian values.

The same Christians, that deny immigrants a place of refuge, the same Christians that throw rally's for cops that kill unarmed black men, the same Christians that value the almighty dollar over a child needing welfare, the same Christians bomb abortion clinics but shit on babies born poor, the same Christians that shoot and kill unarmed people in public venues, including a elementary school, the same Christians that deny the poor socialized tax payer programs, while they sit on their ass getting tax payer money doing absolutely nothing to earn it, ie the congress, the same Christians that uses racial overtones to get votes, ie the GOP, the same Christians that hate on Latino's, but hire them to work for them, the same Christians that a nigga on the one hand, but will drop her panties in a heart beat, ie ww, the same Christians that beat their kids, their wives, each other, constituting the highest domestic cases in decades in this country, and the same exact Christians that throughout our nations history, do all this and MORE ALL IN THE NAME OF GOD????

PLEASE, CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE DEFINE WHAT THE HELL A CHRISTIAN IS FOR ME, BECAUSE THE BIBLE I WAS TAUGHT ON, GOT NONE OF THIS BULLSHIT IN IT???
View attachment 55386
SOS_Misunderstood_300x600.jpg

Simple answer, and if you do not know what a Christian is then you have never met one in your life.

Someone can claim to be a Christian and can go to Church daily, but still not embody the teachings of Christ.

So when you meet a true Christian I promise you will know, and know it is not lip service weekend warrior types either.

Ironically, the most decent honorable people I have ever met in my life, we're traveling Mormons, that went door to door trying to get members for thier church. The sweetest people I ever met and I joined the church for a little while.....I quit after awhile because being raised Catholic, I just couldn't follow their doctrine. But those people, the group I met, was definitely Christians in the highest of levels. Other than that, my being passed my 50's....never ever came across anyone genuinely embedded in God's word...that goes for the church for which I was raised to the people I've come across in my life....although I do have family members, who are kind considerate, thoughtful and would give a hungry man a meal and clothe a child if needed. Our mom's raised us that well.

As a society, as We the People, we decide how to help the poor.

As a society, as We the People, we decide what we do with our money and our charity.

The collective will of the people do not trump the will of the individual. People are allowed to decide what they do with the things that belong to them. Individual freedom trumps collective will. It is the ability of those individuals, and their choice, to employ a collective will, not have it forced on them. Freedom is a God given right, not something you bestow on someone as you see fit.

If you don't like that, you can go pray to the nothingness you believe in.

I encounter so many people railing on Christians for not giving enough to the poor, but they themselves are unwilling to do the same.

Open your doors, your wallets and pantries, give like you demand others to give. Spare no expense. Take on the ideology you preach. Do it.

If not, you are nothing but high minded hypocrites.

Christianity is not defined by haters of Christ, nor is it appraised by various political litmus tests. Nor is it held to impossibly high standards of holiness and piety. Christianity is described best as follows:

A Christian is one who by a sheer act of grace is a recipient of God's mercy, purchased not by acts of righteousness, but by nothing less than the precious blood of Christ. Christians, by baptism into Christ's holy Church are undeserving beneficiaries of forgiveness, redemption, and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and have the promise of eternal life.

WE ARE NOT BAPTIZED INTO A HOLY CHURCH.
You have your definition and I have mine. I'm Catholic so my definition is going to be the correct one recognized for 2000 years.

the rcc has sent more people to hell than islam.

Actually, I wanted to apologize for those atheists who spray painted on a church, "don't believe everything you read". I would never do that and don't approve of that.

I would have to admit there are asshole atheists too. I agree.

Then you have my respect. Good on you.

And I don't hate all Christians or any Christians. I dislike religion and think the masses are victims of religion. I hope humanity evolves beyond these ancient religions.

You and I will be long dead before people so easily give up their faith. Victims to you perhaps. Don't worry about us. Live your own life, leave us alone. If you want to join us, that's your choice. But don't try to convert us.

But I do feel bad telling good religious people the truth. It's like telling kids Santa isn't real.

Your "truth" had no more effect on me now than when you first tried to apprise me of it. I would much rather people worship God than Santa Claus anyways.

However, as many times as people like you attempt to disprove God, there are always other things that come about that you can't explain with science or logic. This quest of yours to pry us away from an "ancient religion" is wholly arrogant, and woefully misguided. What I've seen of Atheism is that it comes with a giant Napoleon complex. You specifically, exemplify that.

By trying to conquer everyone who you perceive to be "victims" of faith and neutralize those beliefs which you believe victimized them, you believe you are saving them from a doomed existence.

That, my friend, is you trying to play God.
There may be things I can't explain with science and logic but you can't explain any of those things with God either. If you can use me one example. This is called god of the gaps I believe

I encounter so many people railing on Christians for not giving enough to the poor, but they themselves are unwilling to do the same.

Open your doors, your wallets and pantries, give like you demand others to give. Spare no expense. Take on the ideology you preach. Do it.

If not, you are nothing but high minded hypocrites.
You don't know what we give as individuals. What we do know is collectively you Christians aren't giving enough.

And there are a lot more of you than us. Don't most people believe in God? Lot of good it does.

How do I know? I simply study religions. It's all there. Read about all of them and the truth will set you free. Hallelujah.

Ha. "Truth," in your case, is a subjective term. You study religions, but you're not part of any of them. You're convinced that you are above all the dissonance that religion brings.
I was a Christian for 30 years. I have the advantage of formerly being one of you.

It's like a former NFL player knowing what it's like to be a pro football player.

We just know you won't give enough on your own......

Do "we" know that, comrade? What "we" know is that you lefty leeches can't comprehend giving, only taking from others. This brings us back to "none of your fucking business," comrade. The country you want to live in isn't the United States of America, leech. Americans are a good and generous people. YOU are not an American, fish.
You don't look American to me.

As a society, as We the People, we decide what we do with our money and our charity.

The collective will of the people do not trump the will of the individual. People are allowed to decide what they do with the things that belong to them. Individual freedom trumps collective will. It is the ability of those individuals, and their choice, to employ a collective will, not have it forced on them. Freedom is a God given right, not something you bestow on someone as you see fit.

If you don't like that, you can go pray to the nothingness you believe in.
But your government takes your taxes and doesn't ask you how to spend it.

Same way my condo board doesn't ask me if its OK to get new garage doors. They decide. We elected them.

Maybe you should elect more greedy like minded politicians who share your ignorance.

It time to dust off the fake bible, pretend we all go to church every Sunday and get ready for the joyful spirit of the holiday season, THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS. Its also time for the so called Christians in this country to drudge of the usual anti Obama liberal attacks on our beloved Christian values.

The same Christians, that deny immigrants a place of refuge, the same Christians that throw rally's for cops that kill unarmed black men, the same Christians that value the almighty dollar over a child needing welfare, the same Christians bomb abortion clinics but shit on babies born poor, the same Christians that shoot and kill unarmed people in public venues, including a elementary school, the same Christians that deny the poor socialized tax payer programs, while they sit on their ass getting tax payer money doing absolutely nothing to earn it, ie the congress, the same Christians that uses racial overtones to get votes, ie the GOP, the same Christians that hate on Latino's, but hire them to work for them, the same Christians that a nigga on the one hand, but will drop her panties in a heart beat, ie ww, the same Christians that beat their kids, their wives, each other, constituting the highest domestic cases in decades in this country, and the same exact Christians that throughout our nations history, do all this and MORE ALL IN THE NAME OF GOD????

PLEASE, CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE DEFINE WHAT THE HELL A CHRISTIAN IS FOR ME, BECAUSE THE BIBLE I WAS TAUGHT ON, GOT NONE OF THIS BULLSHIT IN IT???
View attachment 55386
SOS_Misunderstood_300x600.jpg

Well let's see, a Christian probably does not lie continually like Obama and Hillary.

A Christian probably does not use profane language like you have.

A Christian probably would abhor, not only killing unborn children, but then using their body parts to sell in a billion dollar abortion industry.

A Christian would seek to give to the poor themselves, rather than rely on a corrupt bureaucrat to do it for them.

A Christian would want children in schools to learn about moral behavior, rather than ban the use of the word "God" and talk of moral behavior.

How about instead of 10% of your pay going to your church you all give it to charity. Problem would be solved. Seems the church or middle man's getting in the way.

How about it's none of your fucking business how people direct their charitable giving?

Of course you leftist drones can't comprehend giving, only taking at the point of the government rifle.

Not the way you want, comrade leech.

What qualifies you to be the judge of Christianity?

What qualifies Christians to judge everybody else?

Your instructions are in the Bible. Follow them.

I do. But I find it funny to be lectured by athiests and non Christians about how to be a Christian. Utterly laughable. If those instructions apply to me, they apply to you.

Judge not, lest you be judged.

Got it?
Well when it is you Christians who have turned us former Christians into Atheists, you may want to evaluate your behavior and see why people run from your completely made up religion.

Well that was a mouthful but I have to agree. I was on a Christian message board, well first I got kicked off the RC one, of which I'm RC, and the I got completely kicked off even further to the Secular/Humanism part and then I debated with an Evan, and I was banned for life. That message board made me see the light.
They get so defensive. Start telling me I'm not smart enough to get it or I'm evil. Anything to change the subject from the fact that their basic premise is a fairy tale. I'm sorry but think about what a Christian is telling you as if you are a baby. And these are adults who still believe this stuff. Virgin births and performing miracles? How dumb are people? Seriously. I'm sorry if I'm offensive but I can't sit silent while the world is stuck on stupid. It's holding us back.

How do I know? I simply study religions. It's all there. Read about all of them and the truth will set you free. Hallelujah.

The most I can be is agnostic, that is the most anyone can really be. One should not need a God to treat people with respect , yes I also enc. everyone to study ancient religions.

Christianity is not defined by haters of Christ, nor is it appraised by various political litmus tests. Nor is it held to impossibly high standards of holiness and piety. Christianity is described best as follows:

A Christian is one who by a sheer act of grace is a recipient of God's mercy, purchased not by acts of righteousness, but by nothing less than the precious blood of Christ. Christians, by baptism into Christ's holy Church are undeserving beneficiaries of forgiveness, redemption, and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and have the promise of eternal life.

WE ARE NOT BAPTIZED INTO A HOLY CHURCH.
You have your definition and I have mine. I'm Catholic so my definition is going to be the correct one recognized for 2000 years.

the rcc has sent more people to hell than islam.
Whatever you say, Jeremiah.

I do. But I find it funny to be lectured by athiests and non Christians about how to be a Christian. Utterly laughable. If those instructions apply to me, they apply to you.

Got it?
Well when it is you Christians who have turned us former Christians into Atheists, you may want to evaluate your behavior and see why people run from your completely made up religion.

Well that was a mouthful but I have to agree. I was on a Christian message board, well first I got kicked off the RC one, of which I'm RC, and the I got completely kicked off even further to the Secular/Humanism part and then I debated with an Evan, and I was banned for life. That message board made me see the light.
They get so defensive. Start telling me I'm not smart enough to get it or I'm evil. Anything to change the subject from the fact that their basic premise is a fairy tale. I'm sorry but think about what a Christian is telling you as if you are a baby. And these are adults who still believe this stuff. Virgin births and performing miracles? How dumb are people? Seriously. I'm sorry if I'm offensive but I can't sit silent while the world is stuck on stupid. It's holding us back.

The most I can be is agnostic, that is the most anyone can really be. One should not need a God to treat people with respect , yes I also enc. everyone to study ancient religions.
QUOTE="TemplarKormac, post: 12877961, member: 43268"]

Got it?[/QUOTE]
Well when it is you Christians who have turned us former Christians into Atheists, you may want to evaluate your behavior and see why people run from your completely made up religion.[/QUOTE]

Well that was a mouthful but I have to agree. I was on a Christian message board, well first I got kicked off the RC one, of which I'm RC, and the I got completely kicked off even further to the Secular/Humanism part and then I debated with an Evan, and I was banned for life. That message board made me see the light.[/QUOTE]

How do I know? I simply study religions. It's all there. Read about all of them and the truth will set you free. Hallelujah.[/QUOTE]

The most I can be is agnostic, that is the most anyone can really be. One should not need a God to treat people with respect , yes I also enc. everyone to study ancient religions.[/QUOTE]
Sure, about generic god but not Jesus or Mohammad or Moses. You either believe those stories or you don't. And if you did, you would be a Christian, Jew or Muslim. But you are not. So you are basically calling BULLSHIT on any and all organized religions that claim god visited them.

AT BEST you can be an Agnostic Atheist because you weren't there so I guess it is true you can't be 100% sure Jesus didn't walk on water, but if you believed that for a second you would be going to church on Sunday's.

Last edited:
I protest all the lives lost at the hands of ISIS, and ISIS should be destroyed. I don't want to turn away the refugees, but they will most certainly have terrorists hiding among them, so, when should compassion trump safety.[/QUOTE]

If our country doesn't protect it's citizens, then who will?

In America that is the first and foremost reason for government… Protection of its citizens.

Funny I found a Christian saying this:
"Christianity is a rational faith system, based on evidence of certain historical events which give credence to a particular worldview. But not everyone is ready to use reason and the rules of logic in arriving at conclusions. In many such cases, it is emotion – not reason – that is setting preconditions on what decisions the skeptic is willing to reach.

Some people reject Christianity, for example, because they have never personally experienced a miracle or because they think certain Christian leaders are bad people. These positions find their roots in emotion, not reason, and may stem from many things: early childhood experiences or trauma; a desire to live a life that is unconstrained by restrictions placed from outside; a rebellious nature that simply takes pleasure in bucking the established order. Given human nature, it is exceedingly difficult to use rational arguments to change the mind of someone who is letting emotion cloud their thinking."

Funny they suggest it is us Atheists who are clouded with emotion when it is the theist who falls for the lie because of either the promise of heaven or the threat of hell.

Got it?

1. The cause of the universe must have been non-material because if the cause was material / natural, it would be subject to the same laws of decay as the universe.

That means it would have to have had a beginning itself and you have the same problem as cycles of births and deaths of universes. So the cause of the universe’s beginning must have been super-natural. Such a cause would not be subject to the law of decay and so would not have a beginning. That is, the cause had to be eternal spirit.

Why? Maybe our universe was born out of a black hole that is the back end of another universe?

2. Furthermore, the cause of the universe had to be incredibly powerful; the sheer size and energy seen in the universe together speak of that power; there had to be a sufficient cause.

Not true at all. Look at how splitting a tiny atom can cause a nuclear explosion. This is why we don't set off nuclear explosions in space. It could be very dangerous. Could call a chain reaction, like the big bang.

The universe/cosmos is eternal. No need for an eternal god. Look at a lava lamp. One bubble (universe) doesn't live forever but bubbles (universes) are created and end all the time. Only instead of minutes they last billions of years.

Ha. "Truth," in your case, is a subjective term. You study religions, but you're not part of any of them. You're convinced that you are above all the dissonance that religion brings.
I was a Christian for 30 years. I have the advantage of formerly being one of you.

It's like a former NFL player knowing what it's like to be a pro football player.

You are the Jr. High bench warmer who stews in his own inadequacy for decades, and then shoots his mouth off about how "stupid" the NFL is, fish.

We just know you won't give enough on your own......

Do "we" know that, comrade? What "we" know is that you lefty leeches can't comprehend giving, only taking from others. This brings us back to "none of your fucking business," comrade. The country you want to live in isn't the United States of America, leech. Americans are a good and generous people. YOU are not an American, fish.
You don't look American to me.

You wouldn't know what a real American looks like if one picked you up and drove your head through the sidewalk, fish.

Forum List

Back