California Burning

It seems that fire season in California is now unending. No beginning and no end. It is the new normal for those in California in particular, but also out west in general. They are our fellow citizens and we need to offer them all the support we can.

‘The Whole World Was on Fire’: Infernos Choke California, Piling On the Grief
In the summer of 1998, Florida had its wildfire crisis. I remember the air was so dense with smoke you needed to drive with your headlights on. The smell of burning debris was everywhere. Entire neighborhoods were closed off and the sound of fire truck sirens were common. I'll never forget the sky. The sky was like a blue desert barren of all clouds. Every day that scorching sun with no end in sight.

My father joined the volunteer fire department. I remember seeing him on the TV hosing a house down. I went to stay with him and my mom as they were in a danger zone. I joined the small fire department with my dad for the time I was with my parents with their one fire truck. It was an eclectic group to say the least. Super conservatives like my Dad and a long haired hippie fire captain.

There was a camaraderie among its members. They all joined together in a time of crisis to try to halt what we thought was an unrelenting inferno. The clouds returned and the rains fell and the crisis was over.

But every year could be the year of the next drought. We need to be cognizant that but for the grace of God go I.

I can understand what the people of California are going through. We live in Florida where every summer we face hurricane season and their destructive power. If you ask me the drought and raging fires were every bit as bad, and thankfully, the drought has not returned.

We also need to remember that all people should come together in these times. No one gave a damn about your politics only that you were there to help.
I didnt face a Hurricane this year and I live in Florida.. Of course I have prepared my house to withstand a Cat 4 , but then many victims of liberalism cant afford to do that. God given talents were given to everyone, but there are the liberals who deny God, thus stay victims of Lucifer and his misery.

Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals
Opening page - Dedication
"Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history... the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”
Ha! I lived through a cat. 5 it’s name was Michael.
Hurricane Michael: 'truly historic' category 4 storm on track to hit Florida
Hurricane Michael has whipped up into a category 4 monster storm as it makes its final approach to the Florida Panhandle on Wednesday, on track for a catastrophic, record-breaking landfall mid-Wednesday as the region’s strongest storm in living memory, with gusts up to a deadly 165mph.
I know, I know, not much difference between a cat 4 and a cat 5, except, that you liberals always make a big deal out of Obama spending 10 trillion dollars, yet you remind US it was only 9.5 trillion. My house is built to withstand a Cat 4, have all the latest technology that money can buy. Not some liberal cesspool, like trailer parks or mobile homes. Mother Nature sure hates those types of houses as they always get flattened in the end....
NOAA will re classify as a five. I am a staunch Republican! I have a brick home but would never talk down to someone in a mobile home! You are not a nice person.
I never claimed to be a nice person. I am a libertarian conservative, I also have been in the military and with the way Dimcraps have been throwing around insults , I also have entered the War Zone and brought my A game. I have many friends, black, brown and white, who have elevated ourselves out of being dirt poor, to the point now we have our own businesses, thus making 6 figure incomes. I used to feel sorry for the liberal shitfucks, thinking that it must be hard, then realized that these same shitfucks vote for the very people who KEEP them poor. My Charity ends when the government takes what is mine then gives it as welfare to those shitfucks, as I know my money isnt used to help those in need, but keep those liberal elite political hacks in power. My Charity goes to those that really need it, and their families who should be there for their recovery.

Fisher House Foundation

So...while forest management is partly to blame for the fires...it's far from the only cause.

We have Trump and the Trumpeteers blaming it all on the victims essentially.

Why didn't Trump attack Texas for Houstons horrible flooding? It was partly due to over building in flood prone areas. Why doesn't he blame them?
I haven't seen or read anything that indicates President Trump blaming the victims for their problems. Do you have a link?

So...while forest management is partly to blame for the fires...it's far from the only cause.

Why didn't Trump attack Texas for Houstons horrible flooding? It was partly due to over building in flood prone areas. Why doesn't he blame them?
I haven't seen or read anything that indicates President Trump blaming the victims for their problems. Do you have a link?
To the evil Democrats the real victims are the democrat bureaucrats who instituted the mismanagement that increased the fire's ferocity.

To the evil Democrats the real victims are the democrat bureaucrats who instituted the mismanagement that increased the fire's ferocity.
This is what happens when we sit back and allow politicians to regulate and rule so many processes but do not demand that they do the job we actually hired them to do.

In case you missed it, Trump went to California and told California’s the reason they were having such bad fires was cuz they weren’t taking the forest floor.
Hmmm...guess the reason Trump’s hair never lights on fire is all that raking he does to it

Yes, a CCC-like brigade could have done wonders with Native American-style water reservoirs ready to go, ready to receive suction nozzles from portable pumps. Reportedly, a single man saved several houses with a garden hose. Trump's mentioning Finland is right on, their president agrees with ours.

Every small town has the right to be able to see above its trees and watch for oncoming phenomena that would give the population time to shelter in place or leave. A remote-controlled video-cam with scope, a qualified human sitter, or both. It's our prediction smoke-and-heat sensors will come to be placed in sentinel trees with solar battery back-up, vandal-proof because hidden and/or alarm-equipped: if the sensor is tampered with, the gps is immediately documented. If the sensor is destroyed, the gps is immediately documented.

Yes, a CCC-like brigade could have done wonders with Native American-style water reservoirs ready to go, ready to receive suction nozzles from portable pumps. Reportedly, a single man saved several houses with a garden hose. Trump's mentioning Finland is right on, their president agrees with ours.

Every small town has the right to be able to see above its trees and watch for oncoming phenomena that would give the population time to shelter in place or leave. A remote-controlled video-cam with scope, a qualified human sitter, or both. It's our prediction smoke-and-heat sensors will come to be placed in sentinel trees with solar battery back-up, vandal-proof because hidden and/or alarm-equipped: if the sensor is tampered with, the gps is immediately documented. If the sensor is destroyed, the gps is immediately documented.
No one saved anything with a garden hose. The state cut the water off and diverted it to save Pepperdine. That's why so many homes burned. To save Pepperdine.

Further examining the Finnish model....

Non-Accidental Health Impacts of Wildfire Smoke
Non-accidental health impacts of wildfire smoke. - PubMed - NCBI
'....In 11 southern Finnish provinces exposed to an additional population-weighted average PM 2.5 level of 15.7 mcg/cubic meter from wildfire smoke between 26 Aug and 8 Sept 2002, an increase of 10 mcg/cubic meter of urban PM 2.5 was associated with 0.5% to 2% increase in mortality.

No one saved anything with a garden hose. The state cut the water off and diverted it to save Pepperdine. That's why so many homes burned. To save Pepperdine.

That's pretty typical. During the Oakland Firestorm in 1991, the City of Berkeley actually had a plan to dynamite buildings south of the U.C. Berkeley campus in order to create a fire break.

We have suffered these monstrous fires for years. It's always areas that have not burned in 40 to 50 years or more. The forests of dead trees that the crazy enviros have fought getting cut down.

The state is controlled by crazy people who won't fumigate a roach infested house because they don't want to enrich the fumigation company and hurt roaches.

I
We have suffered these monstrous fires for years. It's always areas that have not burned in 40 to 50 years or more. The forests of dead trees that the crazy enviros have fought getting cut down.

The state is controlled by crazy people who won't fumigate a roach infested house because they don't want to enrich the fumigation company and hurt roaches.
think no matter what, the fires are inevitable. They are a product of yesteryear’s lush growth + today’s global warming baking all that wood to a crisp in temperatures the trees & shrubs just didn’t evolve to handle. Used to be that Western slope Sierra saw maybe high 80s at the peak of Summer/Fall heat. Now high 90s & 100s are the norm.

When they rebuild they should be required to use fireproof materials such as concrete walls and metal roofs and fireproof paint.

Anywhere a liberal is in charge ,everything goes to shit.
1029af9707640dbda789f5733f391bfc.jpg

Forum List

Back