California Burning

So...while forest management is partly to blame for the fires...it's far from the only cause.

We have Trump and the Trumpeteers blaming it all on the victims essentially.

Why didn't Trump attack Texas for Houstons horrible flooding? It was partly due to over building in flood prone areas. Why doesn't he blame them?

My god you are a hateful bitch. Go away.

So...while forest management is partly to blame for the fires...it's far from the only cause.

Why didn't Trump attack Texas for Houstons horrible flooding? It was partly due to over building in flood prone areas. Why doesn't he blame them?

Coyote is right. You are woefully wrong. When it comes to being hateful no one comes close to the Trumpers on this board and on this thread who have written posts about Californians that only Lucifer could love. You're in denial about the hate rampant in your party.

That was just mean, you didn't ...

Why do you attack California but not Texas? Who is the hateful bitch here blaming the fires on the victims?

Coyote is right. You are woefully wrong. When it comes to being hateful no one comes close to the Trumpers on this board and on this thread who have written posts about Californians that only Lucifer could love. You're in denial about the hate rampant in your party.

Bullshit california is trying to rule the country and we will have none of that..

They are one state out of 50 and we do care..

Why do you attack California but not Texas? Who is the hateful bitch here blaming the fires on the victims?

This thread is about the California fires. If you want to discuss Trump and Houston and Floods, then please go pollute another thread. Seriously. Dozens of people are dead. Over 1,000 are missing. Trump did not create this situation - so quit trying to trash him for it.

Texans will defend you

That was just mean, you didn't ...

She deserves every word of it.

This thread is about the California fires. If you want to discuss Trump and Houston and Floods, then please go pollute another thread. Seriously. Dozens of people are dead. Over 1,000 are missing. Trump did not create this situation - so quite trying to trash him for it.

Exactly... This can't be political

This thread is about the California fires. If you want to discuss Trump and Houston and Floods, then please go pollute another thread. Seriously. Dozens of people are dead. Over 1,000 are missing. Trump did not create this situation - so quit trying to trash him for it.

My apologies, in all seriousness. It's a horrific fire and the numbers of missing keep climbing. But please don't add to the politicization Trump himself is bringing to this. It's just wrong. It's wrong in any tragedy and doubly so in the midst of this when California needs everyone's support, not partisan politics.

My apologies, in all seriousness. It's a horrific fire and the numbers of missing keep climbing. But please don't add to the politicization Trump himself is bringing to this. It's just wrong. It's wrong in any tragedy and doubly so in the midst of this when California needs everyone's support, not partisan politics.

Apologies accepted. However, I agree with Trump regarding the appalling land management in CA which I believe is the proximate cause of the fires. As someone who has lived here virtually my entire life - and is directly affected by this disaster, I will speak as I see fit.

Apologies accepted. However, I agree with Trump regarding the appalling land management in CA which I believe is the proximate cause of the fires. As someone who has lived here virtually my entire life - and is directly affected by this disaster, I will speak as I see fit.
You have that right, as do I.

It was already political, the match or spark had only to be ignited. When Trump spoke at Paradise, he pressed the ground fuel issue. He is not changing his mind about it, and some of us support that premise. To make certain there will be no encores, speculations should swiftly press on.

Sentinel towers that would give a small town time to act against an oncoming fire .

Native American method of small reservoirs, strategically placed

Perpetual controlled burns, intensified management and grooming of underbrush

Underground emergency shelters with breathing/filter capability

Citizen- and police-sanctioned documentary drones would have to address the privacy implications

Robotic line drones that monitor power lines and transformers. These can be attached to the lines and still know how to 'step' over a pole and keep going. Vandal-proof cams at transformers could instantly monitor conditions at the touch of a remote-controlled switch

Cost of human lives versus cost of equipment

The harbinger forcoming pulmonary problems in the elderly are 54,000 birds culled near Sacramento.

Newcastle Disease Virus / Chickens
(Site not secure)
outbreaks.globalincidentmap.com/eventdetail.php?ID=30442

First things first. We cull animals when they effect their own environment negatively.There is 7 billion people and that is the major cause of our ills. War to financial collapse to global climate change. Fill in the blank. And if we don't deal with overpopulation, mother nature WILL.
You know....war isn't the solution for "culling" the population, right?
No, but Mother Nature can always find a way. There are diseases out and about that could wipe out significant portions of the human scourge. Gorbal warming is natural, diseases is natural. Lots of other things...not so much.

It seems that fire season in California is now unending. No beginning and no end. It is the new normal for those in California in particular, but also out west in general. They are our fellow citizens and we need to offer them all the support we can.

‘The Whole World Was on Fire’: Infernos Choke California, Piling On the Grief
In the summer of 1998, Florida had its wildfire crisis. I remember the air was so dense with smoke you needed to drive with your headlights on. The smell of burning debris was everywhere. Entire neighborhoods were closed off and the sound of fire truck sirens were common. I'll never forget the sky. The sky was like a blue desert barren of all clouds. Every day that scorching sun with no end in sight.

My father joined the volunteer fire department. I remember seeing him on the TV hosing a house down. I went to stay with him and my mom as they were in a danger zone. I joined the small fire department with my dad for the time I was with my parents with their one fire truck. It was an eclectic group to say the least. Super conservatives like my Dad and a long haired hippie fire captain.

There was a camaraderie among its members. They all joined together in a time of crisis to try to halt what we thought was an unrelenting inferno. The clouds returned and the rains fell and the crisis was over.

But every year could be the year of the next drought. We need to be cognizant that but for the grace of God go I.

I can understand what the people of California are going through. We live in Florida where every summer we face hurricane season and their destructive power. If you ask me the drought and raging fires were every bit as bad, and thankfully, the drought has not returned.

We also need to remember that all people should come together in these times. No one gave a damn about your politics only that you were there to help.
I didnt face a Hurricane this year and I live in Florida.. Of course I have prepared my house to withstand a Cat 4 , but then many victims of liberalism cant afford to do that. God given talents were given to everyone, but there are the liberals who deny God, thus stay victims of Lucifer and his misery.

Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals
Opening page - Dedication
"Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history... the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”
Ha! I lived through a cat. 5 it’s name was Michael.

It seems that fire season in California is now unending. No beginning and no end. It is the new normal for those in California in particular, but also out west in general. They are our fellow citizens and we need to offer them all the support we can.

In the summer of 1998, Florida had its wildfire crisis. I remember the air was so dense with smoke you needed to drive with your headlights on. The smell of burning debris was everywhere. Entire neighborhoods were closed off and the sound of fire truck sirens were common. I'll never forget the sky. The sky was like a blue desert barren of all clouds. Every day that scorching sun with no end in sight.

My father joined the volunteer fire department. I remember seeing him on the TV hosing a house down. I went to stay with him and my mom as they were in a danger zone. I joined the small fire department with my dad for the time I was with my parents with their one fire truck. It was an eclectic group to say the least. Super conservatives like my Dad and a long haired hippie fire captain.

There was a camaraderie among its members. They all joined together in a time of crisis to try to halt what we thought was an unrelenting inferno. The clouds returned and the rains fell and the crisis was over.

But every year could be the year of the next drought. We need to be cognizant that but for the grace of God go I.

I can understand what the people of California are going through. We live in Florida where every summer we face hurricane season and their destructive power. If you ask me the drought and raging fires were every bit as bad, and thankfully, the drought has not returned.

We also need to remember that all people should come together in these times. No one gave a damn about your politics only that you were there to help.
I didnt face a Hurricane this year and I live in Florida.. Of course I have prepared my house to withstand a Cat 4 , but then many victims of liberalism cant afford to do that. God given talents were given to everyone, but there are the liberals who deny God, thus stay victims of Lucifer and his misery.

"Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history... the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”
Hurricane Michael: 'truly historic' category 4 storm on track to hit Florida
Hurricane Michael has whipped up into a category 4 monster storm as it makes its final approach to the Florida Panhandle on Wednesday, on track for a catastrophic, record-breaking landfall mid-Wednesday as the region’s strongest storm in living memory, with gusts up to a deadly 165mph.
I know, I know, not much difference between a cat 4 and a cat 5, except, that you liberals always make a big deal out of Obama spending 10 trillion dollars, yet you remind US it was only 9.5 trillion. My house is built to withstand a Cat 4, have all the latest technology that money can buy. Not some liberal cesspool, like trailer parks or mobile homes. Mother Nature sure hates those types of houses as they always get flattened in the end....

Hurricane Michael: 'truly historic' category 4 storm on track to hit Florida
Hurricane Michael has whipped up into a category 4 monster storm as it makes its final approach to the Florida Panhandle on Wednesday, on track for a catastrophic, record-breaking landfall mid-Wednesday as the region’s strongest storm in living memory, with gusts up to a deadly 165mph.
I know, I know, not much difference between a cat 4 and a cat 5, except, that you liberals always make a big deal out of Obama spending 10 trillion dollars, yet you remind US it was only 9.5 trillion. My house is built to withstand a Cat 4, have all the latest technology that money can buy. Not some liberal cesspool, like trailer parks or mobile homes. Mother Nature sure hates those types of houses as they always get flattened in the end....
NOAA will re classify as a five. I am a staunch Republican! I have a brick home but would never talk down to someone in a mobile home! You are not a nice person.

Forum List

Back