California Burning

First things first. We cull animals when they effect their own environment negatively.There is 7 billion people and that is the major cause of our ills. War to financial collapse to global climate change. Fill in the blank. And if we don't deal with overpopulation, mother nature WILL.
You know....war isn't the solution for "culling" the population, right?

It's very telling to see who is spewing hatred at the fire victims.
a

I've shed tears for people who's names i did not even know at fires

Maybe one has to experience it , dunno

It's not pretty

But the haters , it's any excuse, they just want to hate , how sad is that?

Someday ,somewhere,somehow, they'll get themselves ito something they can't get themselves out of , then let's see how much they hate their fellow man

~S~
You wish to know who the real haters are?

It is those who refuse to take action when it has been pointed out to them for over three decades.

The State has been told to manage their forests and dry lands for AT LEAST that long. Each and every year, they go throughout of control fires because the REFUSE to do so.

I shed tears for these people and all people who suffer from a preventable tragedy like this one. What is so very wrong about defending California and their mismanagement is that preventing this kind of tragedy doesn't even take away anyone else's rights. Its just dead wood that can be cleared away.

Bingo. On properly managed land, a fire can be quickly contained as there are not piles and piles of highly flammable fuel all over the place. This fire was absolutely inflicted by our corrupt "elites".

What I thought was fog was fucking smoke. Went running and got dizzy so I had to stop and go back in the house.

This is like the Big Smog of London in 1952, only it is lasting longer.

Our Air Quality is now at 256. And it's likely going to get worse.
I hope they fry PG&E and make sure they cant pass the cost onto the customers.

I don't agree that PG&E is to blame. The Feds own over half of the land in the state and have not properly managed it. Years of neglect (i.e., not thinning trees nor removing dead ones, not clearing brush, cancelling crazing rights on public land) combined with Jerry cancelling his father's water project have led to this nightmare. There is so much fuel built up, that something minor can explode into a conflagration.

And then we have the utterly corrupt misallocation of state resources to nonsense like the train to nowhere and obscene pensions for overpaid do nothing public employee union members. What a waste.
Fuel only becomes fuel if you light it. PG&E's faulty equipment may be the blame. However it looks like they are going to get off.

California throws lifeline to PG&E over potential Camp Fire liability

"In an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle, Picker said his agency will soon implement a provision in a new state law that makes it easier for utilities to pass costs for past wildfires to their customers."
PG&E is probably considered "too big to fail". Who else will provide the power required when folks start rebuilding. Might be a prime time for people to explore alternate power sources.

There are mini-nuclear power plants available which I think are a much better solution to decentralize power and get rid of the need for long distance power lines.

a

It's not pretty

Someday ,somewhere,somehow, they'll get themselves ito something they can't get themselves out of , then let's see how much they hate their fellow man

~S~

It is those who refuse to take action when it has been pointed out to them for over three decades.

The State has been told to manage their forests and dry lands for AT LEAST that long. Each and every year, they go throughout of control fires because the REFUSE to do so.

I shed tears for these people and all people who suffer from a preventable tragedy like this one. What is so very wrong about defending California and their mismanagement is that preventing this kind of tragedy doesn't even take away anyone else's rights. Its just dead wood that can be cleared away.

See my post #157 and stop being a damn liar.
You're a known liar, and I'll do as I please since you refuse to actually address what I was saying.

I admit to making an error, here or there, but I have never lie. Your ad hominem is based on being butt hurt by my putting the damn liar on you, with evidence that yo lie or are nothing more than a shill for a liar.

Well Golly! The how about extending the concept of making innocent errors to other people?

a

It's not pretty

~S~

Bingo. On properly managed land, a fire can be quickly contained as there are not piles and piles of highly flammable fuel all over the place. This fire was absolutely inflicted by our corrupt "elites".

Time will tell who or what started the fires and how they became so horrific. Arson, power lines, lightening, illegal burning, poor maintenance or accidental sparking by machines? Who knows.

What we do know is the Federal Government and the Private Sector own the vast majority of forests in California and California only manages 3% of the millions of acres. Making Trump, once again, a DAMN LIAR!

a

It's not pretty

~S~

Time will tell who or what started the fires and how they became so horrific. Arson, power lines, lightening, illegal burning, poor maintenance or accidental sparking by machines? Who knows.

What we do know is the Federal Government and the Private Sector own the vast majority of forests in California and California only manages 3% of the millions of acres. Making Trump, once again, a DAMN LIAR!

I have said repeatedly that the Feds owns half the land in CA. The Feds and the state government have imposed inane land management policies. These are the fulcrum for the problem.

This is like the Big Smog of London in 1952, only it is lasting longer.

Our Air Quality is now at 256. And it's likely going to get worse.

I don't agree that PG&E is to blame. The Feds own over half of the land in the state and have not properly managed it. Years of neglect (i.e., not thinning trees nor removing dead ones, not clearing brush, cancelling crazing rights on public land) combined with Jerry cancelling his father's water project have led to this nightmare. There is so much fuel built up, that something minor can explode into a conflagration.

And then we have the utterly corrupt misallocation of state resources to nonsense like the train to nowhere and obscene pensions for overpaid do nothing public employee union members. What a waste.
Fuel only becomes fuel if you light it. PG&E's faulty equipment may be the blame. However it looks like they are going to get off.

"In an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle, Picker said his agency will soon implement a provision in a new state law that makes it easier for utilities to pass costs for past wildfires to their customers."
PG&E is probably considered "too big to fail". Who else will provide the power required when folks start rebuilding. Might be a prime time for people to explore alternate power sources.

There are mini-nuclear power plants available which I think are a much better solution to decentralize power and get rid of the need for long distance power lines.

Agreed, Popular Science published an article on the Generation III nuclear reactors a few years ago, and I wonder why the Pols in The District do not debate on this form of energy production.

See:

Advanced Nuclear Power Reactors | Generation III+ Nuclear Reactors - World Nuclear Association

and,

Small nuclear power reactors - World Nuclear Association

Last edited:

Agreed, Popular Science published an article on the Generation III nuclear reactors a few years ago, and I wonder why the Pols in The District do not debate on his form of energy production.

See:

Advanced Nuclear Power Reactors | Generation III+ Nuclear Reactors - World Nuclear Association

and,

Thank you - yes we should adopt small nuclear power. It makes so much sense - economically and environmentally. Sadly, especially in the aftermath of Fukishima, nuclear power has been unfairly demonized. Germany has destroyed it's own energy infrastructure by removing nukes, and causing frequent brown outs. We should take that as an object lesson.

a

It's not pretty

~S~

I have said repeatedly that the Feds owns half the land in CA. The Feds and the state government have imposed inane land management policies. These are the fulcrum for the problem.
Federal watershed management should also be an input to State watershed management.

Agreed, Popular Science published an article on the Generation III nuclear reactors a few years ago, and I wonder why the Pols in The District do not debate on his form of energy production.

See:

and,

Thank you - yes we should adopt small nuclear power. It makes so much sense - economically and environmentally. Sadly, especially in the aftermath of Fukishima, nuclear power has been unfairly demonized. Germany has destroyed it's own energy infrastructure by removing nukes, and causing frequent brown outs. We should take that as an object lesson.

The advent of basement sized nuke plants ,enough for a small city, went into the dumper after fukashima

The union of concerned scientists having pointed out the GE Mark5's inherent design failures

Sadly , they did not go back to the drawing board .......or borad room for that matter
~S~

a

It's not pretty

~S~

Seems one hand does not know what the other is doing (no surprise there, is there) when the Federal Gov't knows MJ is grown on Federal Lands and didn't notice the kindling of dead trees from the Drought.

Illegal marijuana on federal land a growing problem in California - CNN

a

It's not pretty

~S~

Seems one hand does not know what the other is doing (no surprise there, is there) when the Federal Gov't knows MJ is grown on Federal Lands and didn't notice the kindling of dead trees from the Drought.

There is no longer any power to Prohibit since the repeal of that Bad Idea, last millennium.

Do we need an, Attorney for the People, (who may need a new residence.)

a

It's not pretty

~S~

The government being incoherent and disconnected? Whodathunkit?

The government being incoherent and disconnected? Whodathunkit?

At the moment, chaos reigns.

There is little we can do to bring back those killed. Badger2 once took a conservation course answered from an ad in a wildlife magazine. The North American School of Conservation, Newport Beach, California. The point is, that even obtaining a simple thing like a diploma from this mail-order enterprise was psychologically rewarding. To reinstall something like the Civilian Conservation Corps would buffer rigid lines between state and federal agencies,would tighten surveillance of the important power-line/forest interstice, would expand a shared concern, and there is the added benefit of improved health. The work could entail intellect (drone operation, sensors) as well as physically more demanding tasks such as brush clearance/disposal and controlled burns. Who funds? Who volunteers?

North American School of Conservation
North American School of Conservation - Newport Beach, California - College & University | Facebook

Badger2 went on to score in the top 12 applicants for Alabama Forest Ranger, though the offer of employment was turned down because the job entailed watching for mostly grudge fires. That was a mistake. Fires are fires.Times and situation have changed.

www. Newport Beach, California, Pacific Life Foundation Donates $250,000 to the American Red Cross for Victims of the California Wildfires

So...while forest management is partly to blame for the fires...it's far from the only cause.

We have Trump and the Trumpeteers blaming it all on the victims essentially.

Why didn't Trump attack Texas for Houstons horrible flooding? It was partly due to over building in flood prone areas. Why doesn't he blame them?

Where are the sensors that could have recorded any surge on the power lines? The pull on the power lines = the number of people using them. A citizen reported sparks. Can the reader even answer for certain that this citizen lived in Paradise? An empty glass bottle in the sun can cause a fire. If this citizen could have documented the sparks on video, what would the implications be?

The toll of missing people is now over 1,000.

Forum List

Back