Snakes as a Sustainable Food Source

Some are suggesting that we farm pythons for food. These people things have invaded south Florida and continue to grow in size and range. I will disclose that I hate snakes, all snakes. I cannot legally fire a gun in my yard because I live within the city limits. To get around this I keep a pellet gun at my back door. I shot and killed two of those little bastards last summer.

I note that the same people who want us to eat bugs now want us to eat snakes. Clearly, it would be dehumanizing for us to replace the foods we love with this vermin. Is that what’s going on here? Dehumanizing us? It has been known to happen.

Moreover, what is with this constant use of the word “sustainability”? It has become a buzz word to trigger younger people to turn off their brains and mindlessly fall in line. It’s like the plot of Charles Bronson’s movie, “Telefon”, in which the Soviets made Americans into unwitting agents who, when “triggered” by lines from a Robert Frost poem over the telephone, would commit terrorist acts against America. They were sleeper agents.

The only difference between the agents in “Telefon” and todays youth looking for “sustainability” is that while the former turned into killers when they heard the trigger words, todays kids turn into total douche canoes when the hear the word “sustainability”.
They put it in the covid vaccines people got shot into their arms, so...

It would take a lot of beer to get me to try that.
Not really. If someone didn’t tell you what you were eating you would likely mistake it for a dark meat chicken nugget. At least if it was rattlesnake. If it was packaged like most of pit meats are you would hard pressed to recognize it as snake. I would try python if it was prepared in a way I like.

Not sure it would farmable in the way cows or chickens are, but if the price for the meat is right there will be plenty of people willing to cash in.

Some are suggesting that we farm pythons for food. These people things have invaded south Florida and continue to grow in size and range. I will disclose that I hate snakes, all snakes. I cannot legally fire a gun in my yard because I live within the city limits. To get around this I keep a pellet gun at my back door. I shot and killed two of those little bastards last summer.

I note that the same people who want us to eat bugs now want us to eat snakes. Clearly, it would be dehumanizing for us to replace the foods we love with this vermin. Is that what’s going on here? Dehumanizing us? It has been known to happen.

Moreover, what is with this constant use of the word “sustainability”? It has become a buzz word to trigger younger people to turn off their brains and mindlessly fall in line. It’s like the plot of Charles Bronson’s movie, “Telefon”, in which the Soviets made Americans into unwitting agents who, when “triggered” by lines from a Robert Frost poem over the telephone, would commit terrorist acts against America. They were sleeper agents.

The only difference between the agents in “Telefon” and todays youth looking for “sustainability” is that while the former turned into killers when they heard the trigger words, todays kids turn into total douche canoes when the hear the word “sustainability”.

I'm okay with eating snakes. Never done so, but I'd try it.

I have been all over the place and had to eat in all of those places. Snake is far from the worst.

Goat stew with the hair still on it, that was the worst. even worse than rat.
That’s Rough

I have had some Jerk Goat from the side of the road cooked on what looked like a screen door, and it was some of the best food I’ve ever eaten.

Yeah, it's sick out there and getting sicker.
I ain't afraid to eat anything that's fit to be eaten.

Well over a decade ago I read Bill Bryson's book "At Home, a short history of private life".

In it he reproduces a menu from a...I can't remember now 17th or 18th century Rector in England.

The man was eating two dozen avian species and twice as many mammals...turtles, bullfrogs, and fish innumerable.

We "civilized" Americans are down to what...pork, beef, chicken...cod, shrimp, salmon, crab and tuna out of a can? Maybe a frozen Tilapia from time to time?

Not me.

Goat, lamb, geese, ducks, guinea hens, pigeon, dove, wild boar, squirrel, possum, rabbit, groundhog, raccoon, bear, moose, deer, alligator, bison...if I can hunt it or aquire the meat at a reasonable price...I'm going to try it.

I have been all over the place and had to eat in all of those places. Snake is far from the worst.

Goat stew with the hair still on it, that was the worst. even worse than rat.
But goat...mmm...goat meat is very, very good.

I've got a great goat curry recipe I'll post in food forum if you're interested.

Last edited:
welp, youse guys asked for it....... :rolleyes:

1711325651632.png

~S~

I dislike snake as a food even when it was cooked by my Aboriginal friends......many years ago. It was supposed to taste like chicken; nope!! Crocodile on the other hand is quite yummy.

Greg

Forum List

Back