‘It’s unbelievable’: California fentanyl bill stalled in Senate

Free cancer treatments? You would be against that?

:auiqs.jpg:
i backhanded this one with the "free stuff" , frank when did you turn commie?

but i think he is saying that our priorities would be better served by helping people who are in need of it , rather than self destructive youth whose lives we will just have to save again next week. ????

The freedom to self destruct the most personal freedom.

I recently lost a good friend to the poor choice to use.

And the OP is about a pathetic attempt by some state GOP members to score cheap political points over the tragedy of people's losses. Oh my! A law telling a judge to warn drug dealers that they could be held to tougher sentences. Oh my!
No, a law telling fentanyl sellers that anyone's death would be a murder charge!

i backhanded this one with the "free stuff" , frank when did you turn commie?

but i think he is saying that our priorities would be better served by helping people who are in need of it , rather than self destructive youth whose lives we will just have to save again next week. ????
Backhanded :laughing0301:

• Bill would establish harsher punishment for those behind fentanyl deaths
  • Four California Democratic senators will not vote to pass the bill
  • GOP senator: "It's unbelievable to me"

(NewsNation) — A fentanyl punishment bill is stalled in the California Senate, and state Republican lawmakers are growing impatient.

If passed, it would allow voters to decide whether or not Alexandra’s law should go into effect, which would establish harsher punishment on those behind deadly fentanyl deals.
That law would require judges to warn convicted fentanyl dealers that they could face murder charges if another drug deal ends in death.
The proposed law was named after Alexandra Capelouto, a 20-year-old woman who died of fentanyl poisoning in 2019.
Despite being introduced as a bipartisan bill, Democrats remain divided on the issue.
California Senate Minority Leader Brian Jones said the hold-up lies with four Democratic lawmakers on the Senate Public Safety Committee who fear this bill will lead to longer sentencing for drug dealers.
I keep wondering if some people in the D.C. Swamp are getting kickbacks from the Mexican Drug cartels to keep the border open and illegal drugs glowing.

I keep wondering if some people in the D.C. Swamp are getting kickbacks from the Mexican Drug cartels to keep the border open and illegal drugs glowing.
corruption? you reckon?

maybe not simple kickbacks. the "campaign contributions" are laundered fairly thoroughly before they are delivered by the lobbyists.

another consideration. it would probably take a lot less grease to use more local officials to open smaller passes?

corruption? you reckon?

maybe not simple kickbacks. the "campaign contributions" are laundered fairly thoroughly before they are delivered by the lobbyists.

another consideration. it would probably take a lot less grease to use more local officials to open smaller passes?
I have a bad feeling that the cartels are busy buying politicians and law enforcement all over our nation. Many politicians today see their career as a means to obtain wealth rather than an effort to make our nation a better place. There has always been corruption in the police departments.

Soon our nation may be like Mexico.

• Bill would establish harsher punishment for those behind fentanyl deaths
  • Four California Democratic senators will not vote to pass the bill
  • GOP senator: "It's unbelievable to me"

(NewsNation) — A fentanyl punishment bill is stalled in the California Senate, and state Republican lawmakers are growing impatient.

If passed, it would allow voters to decide whether or not Alexandra’s law should go into effect, which would establish harsher punishment on those behind deadly fentanyl deals.
That law would require judges to warn convicted fentanyl dealers that they could face murder charges if another drug deal ends in death.
The proposed law was named after Alexandra Capelouto, a 20-year-old woman who died of fentanyl poisoning in 2019.
Despite being introduced as a bipartisan bill, Democrats remain divided on the issue.
California Senate Minority Leader Brian Jones said the hold-up lies with four Democratic lawmakers on the Senate Public Safety Committee who fear this bill will lead to longer sentencing for drug dealers.
I can see their dilemma. If they choose to fight fentanyl then they have to be against open borders and if they are against open borders then they lose representation in Congress, lose less than minimum wage workers to pick the crops sustaining their economy, and lose democratic voters. So, bring on the fentanyl!

I have a bad feeling that the cartels are busy buying politicians and law enforcement all over our nation. Many politicians today see their career as a means to obtain wealth rather than an effort to make our nation a better place. There has always been corruption in the police departments.

Soon our nation may be like Mexico.

it isn't only cartels. chinese and russian governments, la cosa nostra. koch industries.

they need to wear their sponsor's parches on their jackets like nascars.

and we still wouldn't know who jim jordan was working for.

If the law makes it mandatory anyone convicted will receive the harsher penalty then I can support it. If it leaves the discretion for more sever punishments up to the DA then I would not support it because it is just another law that those with enough money and power will be treated differently than a poor person.

The freedom to self destruct the most personal freedom.

I recently lost a good friend to the poor choice to use.

And the OP is about a pathetic attempt by some state GOP members to score cheap political points over the tragedy of people's losses. Oh my! A law telling a judge to warn drug dealers that they could be held to tougher sentences. Oh my!
That has the same effect on fent movers as the death penalty does on hit men.

it isn't only cartels. chinese and russian governments, la cosa nostra. koch industries.

they need to wear their sponsor's parches on their jackets like nascars.

and we still wouldn't know who jim jordan was working for.
Right it's only republicans! :laughing0301: :icon_rolleyes:

Forum List

Back