California Burning

JLW

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2012
It seems that fire season in California is now unending. No beginning and no end. It is the new normal for those in California in particular, but also out west in general. They are our fellow citizens and we need to offer them all the support we can.

‘The Whole World Was on Fire’: Infernos Choke California, Piling On the Grief
In the summer of 1998, Florida had its wildfire crisis. I remember the air was so dense with smoke you needed to drive with your headlights on. The smell of burning debris was everywhere. Entire neighborhoods were closed off and the sound of fire truck sirens were common. I'll never forget the sky. The sky was like a blue desert barren of all clouds. Every day that scorching sun with no end in sight.

My father joined the volunteer fire department. I remember seeing him on the TV hosing a house down. I went to stay with him and my mom as they were in a danger zone. I joined the small fire department with my dad, for the time I was with my parents, with the department's one fire truck. It was an eclectic group to say the least. Super conservatives like my Dad and a long haired hippie fire captain.

There was a camaraderie among its members. They all joined together in a time of crisis to try to halt what we thought was an unrelenting inferno. The clouds eventually returned and the rains fell. The crisis was over.

But every year could be the year of the next drought. We need to be cognizant that but for the grace of God go I.

I can understand what the people of California are going through. We live in Florida where every summer we face hurricane season and their destructive power. If you ask me the drought and raging fires were every bit as bad, and thankfully, the drought has not returned.

We also need to remember that all people should come together in these times. No one gave a damn about your politics only that you were there to help.

Last edited:
It seems that fire season in California is now unending. No beginning and no end. It is the new normal for those in California in particular, but also out west in general. They are our fellow citizens and we need to offer them all the support we can.

In the summer of 1998, Florida had its wildfire crisis. I remember the air was so dense with smoke you needed to drive with your headlights on. The smell of burning debris was everywhere. Entire neighborhoods were closed off and the sound of fire truck sirens were common. I'll never forget the sky. The sky was like a blue desert barren of all clouds. Every day that scorching sun with no end in sight.

My father joined the volunteer fire department. I remember him seeing him on the TV hosing a house down. I went to stay with him and my mom as they were in a danger zone. I joined the small fire department with my dad for the time I was with my parents with their one fire truck. It was an eclectic group to say the least. Super conservatives like my Dad and a long haired hippie fire captain.

There was a camaraderie among its members. They all joined together in a time of crisis to try to halt what we thought was an unrelenting inferno. The clouds returned and the rains fell and the crisis was over.

But every year could be the year of the next drought. We need to be cognizant that but for the grace of God go I.

I can understand what the people of California are going through. We live in Florida where every summer we face hurricane season and their destructive power. If you ask me the drought and raging fires were every bit as bad, and thankfully, the drought has not returned.

We also need to remember that all people should come together in these times. No one gave a damn about your politics only that you were there to help.
Well said, John Law. Thank you for reminding us that humanity is still intact.

My father joined the volunteer fire department. I remember him seeing him on the TV hosing a house down. I went to stay with him and my mom as they were in a danger zone. I joined the small fire department with my dad for the time I was with my parents with their one fire truck. It was an eclectic group to say the least. Super conservatives like my Dad and a long haired hippie fire captain.

There was a camaraderie among its members. They all joined together in a time of crisis to try to halt what we thought was an unrelenting inferno. The clouds returned and the rains fell and the crisis was over.

At one time the water canals of southern Californication had water flowing into them. But those damn liberals decided that the delta smelt was endangered so that water no longer was allowed down there. Guess what? The Desert is taking back what mankind had cultivated. Liberals hate people and this just proves it. Vote for liberals and your life will eventually be miserable and you will end up with nothing...

A Brief History of Irrigation in the Imperial Valley, California - DesertUSA
Delta Smelt, Icon of California Water Wars, Is Almost Extinct
California Dumps a Trillion Gallons of Fresh Water in the Ocean; Declares Water Shortage
Blame California's Liberal Politics for Water Rationing

I feel no empathy for these liberals who deserve all the misery Gov Moonbeam Brown is forcing upon them. Karma is a bitch.
Lady Gaga, Kim Kardashian and other stars forced out as Woolsey fire evacuations affect thousands - Los Angeles Times
Like their tens of thousands of fellow evacuees were doing, famous folks such as Alyssa Milano and Guillermo del Toro gave status updates and expressed their thanks. On her Instagram stories, Lady Gaga posted photos of her evacuating her Malibu home.

Caitlyn {BRUCE} Jenner wasn’t as lucky, with TMZ reporting Friday that she had lost her home as the fire spread across the hills of Malibu.
Lucifer is laughing at these immoral fuckers.

for a lot of people
but not for others

it's ''worse'' than like a movie.......
fire --a powerful, very quick moving force--
...they had those fires in Greece that were like a monster that could not be stopped--that's an interesting aspect---cannot be stopped by humans

At one time the water canals of southern Californication had water flowing into them. But those damn liberals decided that the delta smelt was endangered so that water no longer was allowed down there. Guess what? The Desert is taking back what mankind had cultivated. Liberals hate people and this just proves it. Vote for liberals and your life will eventually be miserable and you will end up with nothing...

California Dumps a Trillion Gallons of Fresh Water in the Ocean; Declares Water Shortage

I feel no empathy for these liberals who deserve all the misery Gov Moonbeam Brown is forcing upon them. Karma is a bitch.
Lady Gaga, Kim Kardashian and other stars forced out as Woolsey fire evacuations affect thousands - Los Angeles Times
Like their tens of thousands of fellow evacuees were doing, famous folks such as Alyssa Milano and Guillermo del Toro gave status updates and expressed their thanks. On her Instagram stories, Lady Gaga posted photos of her evacuating her Malibu home.

Caitlyn {BRUCE} Jenner wasn’t as lucky, with TMZ reporting Friday that she had lost her home as the fire spread across the hills of Malibu.
What a sad commentary of today's world.

My father joined the volunteer fire department. I remember seeing him on the TV hosing a house down. I went to stay with him and my mom as they were in a danger zone. I joined the small fire department with my dad for the time I was with my parents with their one fire truck. It was an eclectic group to say the least. Super conservatives like my Dad and a long haired hippie fire captain.

I didnt face a Hurricane this year and I live in Florida.. Of course I have prepared my house to withstand a Cat 4 , but then many victims of liberalism cant afford to do that. God given talents were given to everyone, but there are the liberals who deny God, thus stay victims of Lucifer and his misery.

Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals
Opening page - Dedication
"Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history... the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”

Truth hurts doesn't it? Everywhere liberalism has encroached, death and destruction has followed.

Affordable housing section of Detroit.
cairo_garbage_city_poor_neighborhood.jpg

Truth hurts doesn't it? Everywhere liberalism has encroached, death and destruction has followed.

My post had nothing to do with being liberal or conservative. It was about humanity. You need to find yours.

My post had nothing to do with being liberal or conservative. It was about humanity. You need to find yours.
My humanity stops where my family is concerned. I am responsible for them, and if I feel charitable then I help others (Fisher House Fisher House Foundation ) but when I see morons who live in Californication vote for Moonbeam Brown, Maxine Dipshit Waters, Nancy blinkie Pelosi and other dumbass liberals(Redundant statement) I just cant feel sorry for them.. Elections have consequences, you vote for Misery and Poverty, then you deserve it.....

Oh yeah, also when the Government takes from me my money so I cant give it to my kids or charity, then I kinda resent that "Humanity" especially when it is given to welfare puke, who bitch and moan that We the People need to be punished more in taxes. You can take your liberal humanity and shove it.

And Trump blames poor management?

My father joined the volunteer fire department. I remember seeing him on the TV hosing a house down. I went to stay with him and my mom as they were in a danger zone. I joined the small fire department with my dad, for the time I was with my parents, with the department's one fire truck. It was an eclectic group to say the least. Super conservatives like my Dad and a long haired hippie fire captain.

There was a camaraderie among its members. They all joined together in a time of crisis to try to halt what we thought was an unrelenting inferno. The clouds eventually returned and the rains fell. The crisis was over.

Karma is a bitch

Huh,

God does answer prayers.

Even mine.

Go figure.

Now, if a meteor lands on Los Angeles on one of those nights of their big gigantic parties, I will be 100% convinced that my specific prayers are being answered.

Huh,

God does answer prayers.

Even mine.

Go figure.
People dying. What God do you pray to?
PARADISE, Calif., Nov 10 (Reuters) - Two monster wildfires burned out of control on Saturday in northern and southern California, having already killed at least nine people and forced hundreds of thousands to flee their homes.

President Donald Trump blamed the fires on forest mismanagement and threatened to withdraw related federal funding.

In Los Angeles County, the 35,000-acre (14,164 hectares) Woolsey Fire was threatening 75,000 homes and more than 200,000 people were under mandatory evacuation early on Saturday.

Some of the evacuation orders were for residents within the City of Los Angeles in the West Hills area. It was unclear how many homes have been evacuated within the City of Los Angeles.

My father joined the volunteer fire department. I remember seeing him on the TV hosing a house down. I went to stay with him and my mom as they were in a danger zone. I joined the small fire department with my dad for the time I was with my parents with their one fire truck. It was an eclectic group to say the least. Super conservatives like my Dad and a long haired hippie fire captain.

I didnt face a Hurricane this year and I live in Florida.. Of course I have prepared my house to withstand a Cat 4 , but then many victims of liberalism cant afford to do that. God given talents were given to everyone, but there are the liberals who deny God, thus stay victims of Lucifer and his misery.

Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals
Opening page - Dedication
"Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history... the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”
I must conclude you have no idea what a twerp you sound like.

And Trump blames poor management?
HI, ed! I read that 'poor management' statement this morning. Had to chuckle. Have you noticed how bleeping nuts he sounds since the election? More than usual that is?

Forum List

Back