Bud Light boycott, the most effective in US history

Is that supposed to be a threat? The fewer MAGA hats at Disney the better, IMO. :cool-45:
That is something that isn't brought up much about these boycotts. The reason they fail 100% of the time is because nobody misses them while they're gone and they almost always come back.

This kind of reminds me of the Marketing Nightmare where Coke changed their name to New Coke back in 1985. Nobody liked it. Nobody wanted it. Why? Because they tried to make it taste like Pepsi. We never sold any cans of NEW Coke and they had to redesign the Coke to say Classic Original Coke. Now that tasted like COKE." If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it"...If you want a Coke you buy a Coke,. If you want a Pepsi, you buy a Pepsi. Soda drinkers are loyal to their own brand they prefer.

The trouble with Bud Light is they got influenced by influencers and came up with the video of the GUY in the bathtub with a beer pretending to be a GIRL. That did not fly too well.
Nothing remotely similar. Market saturation is an issue across the spectrum of goods and services in the nation. The only way to grow your sales domestically is to expand into other markets where you have under performed. This is why you see trade schools featuring women in their ads, the Air Force featuring women pilots, ads in Spanish on your previously all-English media streams, etc...

Clearly there was a play called somewhere in the higher elevations of the GOP strata to attack Transsexual Americans this election season. The conservatives tried it with blacks and actually grew among Hispanics last cycle so they are off limits. So now they are going after this new group. Bud Light didn't count on someone on the right (I'm not sure who) picking Transsexual Americans as the target for right wing venom going into 2024 election season. But they did and thusly Bud Light is caught in the crossfire.

The lesson learned is to never under estimate the level of intolerance from the right. It's limitless.

The lesson learned is to never under estimate the level of intolerance from the right. It's limitless.
It is pretty silly to label this as a right wing exclusive trait. This is a pretty universal issue and one of the reasons that companies bend to left wing social issues so often is because they are so much more effective in this area.

and besides working class people cant afford the trip
Damn straight.

It cost me about 1,000 to walk through the door at Disney for one day and that does not include getting there or doing anything in the park. It has become expensive enough that there is little reason to go. The converse of that, however, is that prices reflect demand so it is clear that Disney parks have monumentally massive demand. So much so there is nothing that can really harm the parks. There will always be 100 people waiting to get in for every person who decides to avoid going.

It is pretty silly to label this as a right wing exclusive trait. This is a pretty universal issue and one of the reasons that companies bend to left wing social issues so often is because they are so much more effective in this area.
You guys work in intolerance like some artists work in clays or oils.

Conservatives used this same tactic during the Civil Rights era.
Boycott any business that dared to serve “negroes”

Unless you support our hate…..we will put you out of business
And by “conservatives” you mean Joe Biden, Robert KKK Byrd, and Al Gore Sr., right?

And you need a mirror quite badly.

It is funny how similar your own blindness resembles that of the right wingers here.
Sure...I'm the one who stopped eating at Chick Fit A because of their conservative views...oh wait, I had that for lunch a few weeks ago. Jimmy Johns is one of the best sandwiches I have ever had...their owner is a huge conservative asshat. I imagine if I drilled down deep enough I'd find conservative characteristics about every corporation....doesn't mean shit to me.

At the same time there are any number of things where I will state unequivocally that there are not two sides of the argument. I'm intolerant of anti-semites, racists, bigots, etc...

Sure...I'm the one who stopped eating at Chick Fit A because of their conservative views...oh wait, I had that for lunch a few weeks ago. Jimmy Johns is one of the best sandwiches I have ever had...their owner is a huge conservative asshat. I imagine if I drilled down deep enough I'd find conservative characteristics about every corporation....doesn't mean shit to me.

At the same time there are any number of things where I will state unequivocally that there are not two sides of the argument. I'm intolerant of anti-semites, racists, bigots, etc...
And we were talking about intolerance as a general trait of the right and left, not your individual actions on specific boycotts. You just had to run back to that to evade the plain fact you impugned intolerance as a right wing trait and pretended intolerance was not on the left. Hence YOUR blindness to the general and rather pervasive intolerance on the left even though you can easily recognize it on the right.

Which is blatant bullshit and has nothing to do with your eating or avoiding chick-fil-a. Nice try at dodging though.

Forum List

Back