Zone1 Candace Owens Becomes Catholic

And those who support infanticide despise anyone who stands in their way. I see the ways the Catholic church saves the lives of the unborn every day. I have, in the past, witnessed the Catholic church saving other lives too. I used to work as a volunteer in a program that saved women from homelessness, and it was administered by the Catholic church.

As long as we Catholics have breath in our lungs, we will not be stopped from our work at making the world a better place.

And those who support infanticide despise anyone who stands in their way. I see the ways the Catholic church saves the lives of the unborn every day. I have, in the past, witnessed the Catholic church saving other lives too. I used to work as a volunteer in a program that saved women from homelessness, and it was administered by the Catholic church.

As long as we Catholics have breath in our lungs, we will not be stopped from our work at making the world a better place.

Fetuses aren't people.

And the Catholic church's opposition to contraception causes untold misery in the third world. More of your help, we do not need.

But do they?

When I read the Old Testament or any other Bronze Age mythology, I see that 'God' is any force of nature they didn't understand but needed to be appeased. The God of the Old Testament is one of fear. Do what I want, or bad things are going to happen to you. There are no promises of an afterlife. A plague breaks out, God must be angry, let's find someone to blame and kill them.

No wonder my parish liked to hide the OT like it was a crazy MAGA uncle.
There are the parts that aren't included because "Everybody knows..." Everyone at that time, but not our own. One example is that while God seems angry throughout the Old Testament, a part that is often glossed over is that God does not have human emotions. However, as humans relate to emotions, stories use them. Amphomorphic, assigning human emotions to what is not human. Angry storms, angry gravity, angry floods, angry God, etc.

Act against light and we get darkness; act against warmth and we get cold; act against love, hate; goodness, evil. What Bronze Age people understood far better than we seem to today is humans are responsible for what goes wrong in our communities and nations. Whenever anything went wrong, the first thing they looked at was what had they been doing wrong. Noah's Ark is a prime example of this.

Well, because the God-Botherers of the Christian variety are the ones intent on inflicting their bronze-age superstitions on the rest of us.. that's why I'm concerned.
How exactly are they inflicting their bronze-age superstitions on you?

There are the parts that aren't included because "Everybody knows..." Everyone at that time, but not our own. One example is that while God seems angry throughout the Old Testament, a part that is often glossed over is that God does not have human emotions. However, as humans relate to emotions, stories use them. Amphomorphic, assigning human emotions to what is not human. Angry storms, angry gravity, angry floods, angry God, etc.

Act against light and we get darkness; act against warmth and we get cold; act against love, hate; goodness, evil. What Bronze Age people understood far better than we seem to today is humans are responsible for what goes wrong in our communities and nations. Whenever anything went wrong, the first thing they looked at was what had they been doing wrong. Noah's Ark is a prime example of this.

Um, yeah, here's the thing. Bronze age people were savages. Stoning someone for picking up sticks on a Sabbath day is what a savage does to appease an angry sky pixie. Stoning a girl to death because she broke her hymen somehow before her wedding day is what a savage does.

Time to move beyond Bronze Age superstitions just because they were right twice a day like a broken clock.

Um, yeah, here's the thing. Bronze age people were savages. Stoning someone for picking up sticks on a Sabbath day is what a savage does to appease an angry sky pixie. Stoning a girl to death because she broke her hymen somehow before her wedding day is what a savage does.

Time to move beyond Bronze Age superstitions just because they were right twice a day like a broken clock.
Time for you to set aside your emotions and see reality. No one is forcing their beliefs upon you and the Church opposing contraception does not prevent people who want to use contraception from using contraception. Any more overly emotional opinions you need for me to dispel?

Praise God!

And Russell Brand's new YouTube is his praying the Rosary.

Could be God Is saving these good people to use them to spread the truth before all hell is let loose.

are you sure. Hasn't she said she's not a person of faith

I was born and raised in the Church
So was I, but "the Church" means something entirely different to me -- certainly not the Catholic cult

"Hail Mary full of grace... Blah...blah...blah"

There's that repetitive prayer Jesus warned us not to do.

So was I, but "the Church" means something entirely different to me -- certainly not the Catholic cult

There is no cult like the atheist cult. Minority, fringe.

Apostates are the worst.

Well, because the God-Botherers of the Christian variety are the ones intent on inflicting their bronze-age superstitions on the rest of us.. that's why I'm concerned.
Atheists inflict their false empty destructive beliefs on the rest of us. Yet you have no problem with that. Why not?

Um, so I post 167K messages over 13 years (and average of about 35 posts a day) on a variety of subjects, indicates what?

There are three current posters who have posted more. Do you think they have "issues", too?
Four of the top five most prolific posters are leftwingers. At least two are atheists. Maybe all four are. And since you're in a majority Christian conservative forum, you aren't here to 'discuss issues'; you're here to stir the pot. So you have traded your Catholic Church for the Church of Perpetual Trolling.

Atheists inflict their false empty destructive beliefs on the rest of us. Yet you have no problem with that. Why not?

The world would be better off if there was no religion.

If you need to be afraid of an invisible sky pixie to be a good person, that's on you.

Four of the top five most prolific posters are leftwingers. At least two are atheists. Maybe all four are. And since you're in a majority Christian conservative forum, you aren't here to 'discuss issues'; you're here to stir the pot. So you have traded your Catholic Church for the Church of Perpetual Trolling.

I don't know what the religious affiliations of Rightwinger, Moonglow or Lakhota are. I don't think I see them posting all that much on religion.

Neither do I.

I also wasn't aware this was a majority Christian Conservative forum. How can that be if 4 of the top five are liberal?

The world would be better off if there was no religion.

If you need to be afraid of an invisible sky pixie to be a good person, that's on you.
I haven't seen many if any atheists I thought were good people.

I don't know what the religious affiliations of Rightwinger, Moonglow or Lakhota are. I don't think I see them posting all that much on religion.

Neither do I.
,,,he says after ripping the RCC for the 18th straight post.
I also wasn't aware this was a majority Christian Conservative forum. How can that be if 4 of the top five are liberal?
I explained that, already. It's because 4 of the top 5 are trolls.

It's amazing how ignorant people are about pagan prayer in Biblical times. Research it at some point and perhaps learn the difference between the rosary and Biblical mention of repetitive prayer.

No, that is not what a "savage" does. The Hebrews had more respect for sex than we have today. In that regard, we get top marks for savagery.

I haven't seen many if any atheists I thought were good people.
Depends how you define Good. I've seen some truly shitty Catholics.

,,,he says after ripping the RCC for the 18th straight post.
Out of, what 170,000? I would estimate less than 10% of my posts are on religious topics.

I explained that, already. It's because 4 of the top 5 are trolls.

Hardly. I find most of their posts pretty enlightening. Now, if you want to go to an echo chamber where everyone agrees with you, you should try that.

It's amazing how ignorant people are about pagan prayer in Biblical times. Research it at some point and perhaps learn the difference between the rosary and Biblical mention of repetitive prayer.

Depends what Pagans. The Greeks were FAR more civilized than the Hebrews. Ah, if only Zeus had kept his job as the top Sky Fairy.

No, that is not what a "savage" does. The Hebrews had more respect for sex than we have today. In that regard, we get top marks for savagery.
Stoning a woman to death for not being a virgin is what a savage does. It's what they do in the Islamic world today. Maybe you should move there.

Depends how you define Good. I've seen some truly shitty Catholics.
A far greater percentage of the irreligious are bad people.
Out of, what 170,000? I would estimate less than 10% of my posts are on religious topics.
10% is quite a lot. That;s 17,000 posts.
Hardly. I find most of their posts pretty enlightening. Now, if you want to go to an echo chamber where everyone agrees with you, you should try that.
Nope. Trolling. Just like you're doing on this thread.
Depends what Pagans. The Greeks were FAR more civilized than the Hebrews. Ah, if only Zeus had kept his job as the top Sky Fairy.

Stoning a woman to death for not being a virgin is what a savage does. It's what they do in the Islamic world today. Maybe you should move there.
Ah the typical atheist pivot from Christianity to Islam. How many times have I seen that?

Forum List

Back