BREAKING: Active shooter in Midland/Odessa TX

Not my fault you don't understand English Little Retarded Rebecca.
you don't understand that the unorganized militia consist of members of the militia who are not part of the national guard or naval militia? The unorganized militia is the militia but no connections with the national guard. NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

I understand perfectly that unorganized and well regulated do not mean the same thing. I learned how to speak and understand English.

But, it's funny to watch you twist yourself into knots trying to justify unorganized militias as being covered by the 2nd.
no, you don't understand the unorganized militia is the militia but no connection with the national guard and well regulated when the second amendment was written means in working order as to be expected.
If anyone is twisting anything it's you trying to use modern-day definitions for a word that was defined another way in the 18th century.

Keep twisting, pretzel boy.

you don't understand that the unorganized militia consist of members of the militia who are not part of the national guard or naval militia? The unorganized militia is the militia but no connections with the national guard. NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

I understand perfectly that unorganized and well regulated do not mean the same thing. I learned how to speak and understand English.

But, it's funny to watch you twist yourself into knots trying to justify unorganized militias as being covered by the 2nd.
no, you don't understand the unorganized militia is the militia but no connection with the national guard and well regulated when the second amendment was written means in working order as to be expected.
If anyone is twisting anything it's you trying to use modern-day definitions for a word that was defined another way in the 18th century.

These people should only have muskets type guns.
You should only be communicating with parchment and quill using a man on a horse for delivery of your communication.

So did the founders do a time warp into the 20th century or would they use words in common use for them
new1dollarbill.jpg

~S~

Keep twisting, pretzel boy.
you're the one adding to something that it doesn't mean
So that would mean you're the twister.

I just saw a black woman that lives in a violent neighborhood tell the news we should put the guns down.. smh when will they learn to protect them selves

You should only be communicating with parchment and quill using a man on a horse for delivery of your communication.

l>>>

large.jpg

~S~

l>>>

large.jpg

~S~
Whatever that means.

Look the supreme court has ruled the weapons you don't like are protected by the second amendment.
Is that why they were banned for 10 years? It wasn't the Supreme Court that did away with the ban. The legislature wouldn't renew it. It died in its sunset clause.
The reason they were banned 10 years ago was that they weren't in common use of the time. Now they are.

They still aren't. Only a minority actually owns them. But a portion of the most violent murderers on teh planet in the United States do own them and use them so the Cops had to convert to them as well. The cops found that with their standard sidearms, shotguns and Model 70s, they were severely outgunned and had to uparm. Even today, there are many more conventional firearms than ARs in the average home. But when you find an AR, you often times find a Cache of ARs so the numbers look different unless you look at it that way.

Here is a good question. Why would I need 14 or more ARs like some do have? Why would I have even 5 Model 70 (or that type) of hunting rifles unless they were of a different caliber? Would I own 15 Model 700BDL 308s? But it appears there are enough AR owners out there with multiple ARs that that squew the percentages and you gunnutters try and misrepresent those figures. That used to work but more and more regular people are seeing through your BS because everyone elses lives depend on it.
They are the most popular widely used rifle in America.

I think the Ruger 10-22 is actually the most popular rifle in America.
I think so, surpassing the Marlin 60.

Is that why they were banned for 10 years? It wasn't the Supreme Court that did away with the ban. The legislature wouldn't renew it. It died in its sunset clause.
The reason they were banned 10 years ago was that they weren't in common use of the time. Now they are.

They still aren't. Only a minority actually owns them. But a portion of the most violent murderers on teh planet in the United States do own them and use them so the Cops had to convert to them as well. The cops found that with their standard sidearms, shotguns and Model 70s, they were severely outgunned and had to uparm. Even today, there are many more conventional firearms than ARs in the average home. But when you find an AR, you often times find a Cache of ARs so the numbers look different unless you look at it that way.

Here is a good question. Why would I need 14 or more ARs like some do have? Why would I have even 5 Model 70 (or that type) of hunting rifles unless they were of a different caliber? Would I own 15 Model 700BDL 308s? But it appears there are enough AR owners out there with multiple ARs that that squew the percentages and you gunnutters try and misrepresent those figures. That used to work but more and more regular people are seeing through your BS because everyone elses lives depend on it.

What, are you saying that the AR isn't even in the top 2? Could it be? Now according to the NRA that these gunnnuters go by, it's the AR-15 and all it's clones. But according to the ATF that tracks every gun made since 1934, it goes to the Marlin 60. And yes, the Ruger 10-22 is high on the list as well. But the Marlin 60 is the longest made so it just got a head start. On sales, the AR-15 doesn't even make the list for 2018 in the top position either. In fact, it lost that title back in 2015 in annual sales and has been dropping fast since. The Bushmaster used to be the highest in sales but it's gotten so bad that Remington is just about ready to go bankrupt since they ended up putting all their eggs in that one basket because the sales were so good from about 2008 to 2014. Smith, Ruger and Winchester didn't make that mistake. And of course, Colt owns the LE and Military Contracts so they really don't care.

Ruger still sells a ton of Mini-14 and the 10-22 so they are doing just fine. And their new line of high powered sporting rifles in a lot of different calibers are doing great. Plus, their handguns are hard to beat for quality and price. I don't look for this company to cave into the AR BS any time soon.

Smith and Wesson still makes a killing in handguns. They make some of the finest in the world. And they are damned proud of their handguns (just check out the prices, they must be). But people are willing to pay for them. I am still a huge fan of the SW Model 17 .357. I shoot 38 special through it. Smith delved into the AR-15 but never got too serious into it.

Winchester makes one of the finest rifle lines in the world. They have tons of different models and calibers from single shots, shotguns, semi autos, bolt action and more. They also delved into the AR scene a bit but didn't get too carried away.

Remington lost a lot of traction in their old line. While they still made an okay traditional rifle, the quality went down when they started placing their main interest in building the various versions of the Bushmaster. When the AR cult started to break, it almost drug Remington down with it. I have no idea how they are keeping in business now with all the other companies doing a much better job in the other categories. This is a company that will probably not make it unless some rich sugar daddy comes along and dumps some serious money into the coffers. Just a note here. The Bushmaster is still listed as in the top 2 of the top ARs to buy off the shelf for quality. So if you want a decent AR for a decent price, you might consider a Bushmaster.

What, are you saying that the AR isn't even in the top 2? Could it be? Now according to the NRA that these gunnnuters go by, it's the AR-15 and all it's clones. But according to the ATF that tracks every gun made since 1934, it goes to the Marlin 60. And yes, the Ruger 10-22 is high on the list as well. But the Marlin 60 is the longest made so it just got a head start. On sales, the AR-15 doesn't even make the list for 2018 in the top position either. In fact, it lost that title back in 2015 in annual sales and has been dropping fast since. The Bushmaster used to be the highest in sales but it's gotten so bad that Remington is just about ready to go bankrupt since they ended up putting all their eggs in that one basket because the sales were so good from about 2008 to 2014. Smith, Ruger and Winchester didn't make that mistake. And of course, Colt owns the LE and Military Contracts so they really don't care.

Ruger still sells a ton of Mini-14 and the 10-22 so they are doing just fine. And their new line of high powered sporting rifles in a lot of different calibers are doing great. Plus, their handguns are hard to beat for quality and price. I don't look for this company to cave into the AR BS any time soon.

Smith and Wesson still makes a killing in handguns. They make some of the finest in the world. And they are damned proud of their handguns (just check out the prices, they must be). But people are willing to pay for them. I am still a huge fan of the SW Model 17 .357. I shoot 38 special through it. Smith delved into the AR-15 but never got too serious into it.

Winchester makes one of the finest rifle lines in the world. They have tons of different models and calibers from single shots, shotguns, semi autos, bolt action and more. They also delved into the AR scene a bit but didn't get too carried away.

Remington lost a lot of traction in their old line. While they still made an okay traditional rifle, the quality went down when they started placing their main interest in building the various versions of the Bushmaster. When the AR cult started to break, it almost drug Remington down with it. I have no idea how they are keeping in business now with all the other companies doing a much better job in the other categories. This is a company that will probably not make it unless some rich sugar daddy comes along and dumps some serious money into the coffers. Just a note here. The Bushmaster is still listed as in the top 2 of the top ARs to buy off the shelf for quality. So if you want a decent AR for a decent price, you might consider a Bushmaster.
I bought my 1st Model 60 at Kmart over 40 years ago for $56. I think Marlin sells more rifles than any other brand. S&W model 17 is a .22. Model 19 is .357/.38+P

I bought my 1st Model 60 at Kmart over 40 years ago for $56. I think Marlin sells more rifles than any other brand. S&W model 17 is a .22. Model 19 is .357/.38+P

Typo.

you're an ignorant sob

The AR15 platform is highly popular and is said the be the most popular semiautomatic system that can be found in many different calibers that it can be purchased in, and the many different options. An AR15 lower can with just a change of the barrel shoot 300 blackout and change the barrel again and a magazine you can shoot 7.62x39

Typo.
1. Ruger 10/22

Speaking of the Ruger 10/22, this iconic rifle was a top-five contender virtually every month at GunBroker and landed in the top three positions every time. It has been an extremely popular firearm since it was introduced in 1964 and is, in fact, the best-selling .22-caliber rimfire long rifle on the market, with well over 6 million sold over the years. Although Ruger lost the title of biggest U.S. firearms manufacturer to Smith & Wesson last year, it remains the second largest rifle maker, behind only Remington, which is practically synonymous with the long gun. And it is primarily because of the 10/22 that Ruger is such a popular choice.

The 5 Best-Selling Semi-Automatic Rifles in 2018 | The Motley Fool

Typo.
1. Ruger 10/22

Speaking of the Ruger 10/22, this iconic rifle was a top-five contender virtually every month at GunBroker and landed in the top three positions every time. It has been an extremely popular firearm since it was introduced in 1964 and is, in fact, the best-selling .22-caliber rimfire long rifle on the market, with well over 6 million sold over the years. Although Ruger lost the title of biggest U.S. firearms manufacturer to Smith & Wesson last year, it remains the second largest rifle maker, behind only Remington, which is practically synonymous with the long gun. And it is primarily because of the 10/22 that Ruger is such a popular choice.

The 5 Best-Selling Semi-Automatic Rifles in 2018 | The Motley Fool
Modern Sporting Rifle: Introduction • NSSF
The term “modern sporting rifle” was coined to describe today’s very popular semiautomatic rifle designs, including the AR-15 and its offspring. These rifles are used by hunters, competitors, a lot of Americans seeking home-defense guns and by many others who simply enjoy going to the range.
Modern Sporting Rifle Facts
  • Modern sporting rifles are among the most popular firearms being sold today.
  • The “AR” in “AR-15” rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. “AR” does NOT stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.”
  • AR-15-style rifles are NOT “assault weapons” or “assault rifles.” An assault rifle is fully automatic, a machine gun. Automatic firearms have been severely restricted from civilian ownership since 1934.
  • If someone calls an AR-15-style rifle an “assault weapon,” then they’ve been duped by an agenda. The only real way to define what is an “assault weapon” is politically, as in how any given law chooses to define the term—this is why the states that have banned this category of semiautomatic firearms have done so with very different definitions.
  • AR-15-style rifles can look like military rifles, such as the M-16, but by law they function like other semiautomatic civilian sporting firearms, as they fire only one round with each pull of the trigger.
  • Versions of modern sporting rifles are legal to own in most states, provided the purchaser passes the mandatory FBI background check required for all retail firearm purchasers.
  • Since America’s founding, civilian sporting rifles have evolved along with military firearms. The modern sporting rifle simply follows that pattern.
  • These rifles’ accuracy, reliability, ruggedness and versatility serve target shooters and hunters well. They are true all-weather firearms.
  • Modern sporting rifles are chambered in .22 LR, .223 (5.56 x 45mm), 6.8 SPC, .308, .450 Bushmaster and in many other calibers. Upper receivers for pistol calibers such as 9 mm, .40, and .45 are available. There are even .410 shotgun versions.
  • These rifles are used for many different types of hunting, from varmint to big game. And they’re used for target shooting and in competitions.
  • AR-15-style rifles are no more powerful than other hunting rifles of the same caliber and in most cases are chambered in calibers less powerful than common big-game hunting cartridges like the .30-06 Springfield and .300 Win. Mag.
  • The AR-15 platform is modular. Owners like being able to affix different “uppers” (the barrel and chamber) to the “lower” (the grip, stock).
  • They have been commercially sold to the American public since the 1960s.
  • They are commonly-owned, with more than 16 million modern sporting rifles owned by civilians by 2018.
  • And, they are a lot of fun to shoot!
Read More

AUGUST 29, 2019

Behind the Firing Line: FRC Firearms Range & Clothing
Welcome to NSSF's column for firearms range owners, managers and staff. "Behind the Firing Line" works to recognize ranges that have met the stringent requirements…Read More

AUGUST 28, 2019

Tacoma to Seattle: Hold My Beer
Seattle’s southern neighbor, Tacoma, Washington, is going to weigh a plan that’s already proven to be a failed policy. But since its anti-gun, city council…Read More

more 1700's militia machinations Red?

seriously.....

~S~
How about 20th century U.S. Code?
10 USC § 311 - Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

You keep posting this and highlight the part about the unorganized militia. Hate to tell you but the 2nd doesn't say anything about an unorganized militia. It does say something about a well regulated militia though.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

But then again, you might have different opinions about things that are well regulated and things that are unorganized. Hint: well regulated is actually the opposite of unorganized.

When our founders used certain words, they had certain meanings;

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

In 4 of the first 10 amendments, what we call the Bill of Rights, the phrase "right of the people" is used. This is an explicit protection. Another one is "Shall" Congress shall make no law.

There is no wiggle room. Who has the right the keep and bear arms? The same as who have the right speech, religion, and assembly - which rights are coincidentally ALSO under assault by the radical leftists. Can congress infringe the right to arm just a little bit with "common sense confiscation and disarmament?" No, Shall NOT be infringed.

more 1700's militia machinations Red?

seriously.....

~S~
How about 20th century U.S. Code?
10 USC § 311 - Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

You keep posting this and highlight the part about the unorganized militia. Hate to tell you but the 2nd doesn't say anything about an unorganized militia. It does say something about a well regulated militia though.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

But then again, you might have different opinions about things that are well regulated and things that are unorganized. Hint: well regulated is actually the opposite of unorganized.
The government created the unorganized Militia take it up with them.
Here's a hint for you well regulated is in working order as to be expected.

Doesn't change the fact that the 2nd only specifies provisions for a well regulated militia, not an unorganized one. If an unorganized one was allowed as well, they would have said so, or they wouldn't have called it a well organized militia.

Utterly fucking stupid.

The 2nd specifies the RIGHT of the people, not the right of the militia. It does not say the right of the militia to keep and bear arms.

I realize you Marxists are at war to end civil rights, ALL civil rights, which is WHY we will hang on the to second.

Forum List

Back