BREAKING: Active shooter in Midland/Odessa TX

That's exactly why I have a concern about requiring mental health evaluations before getting a gun. People like you who would put political opinions before actual evaluations. What a great way to get guns out of the hands of the people. Just say anyone that want a gun is mentally ill.
But a mental health PROFESSIONAL would never say that. People have so little trust in others these days.

Really? An ex-Marine was forced by mental health professionsla t give up his guns and endure 20 days in a VA hospital because he said that he would defend himself against Antifa.
Death threats, no doubt.

Yes, there were lots of doubts. There were no "death threats" because everything he said was quoted by a reporter and only indicated he would defend himself. That is why red flag laws will not work because liberal gun-grabbers s will control those who make the decisions.

Jaywalk? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Overdue library book? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Refuse to tip your waiter or waitress for poor service? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Tear the tag off your mattress? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Get a speeding ticket? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Say something to yourself about the asshole who cuts you off in traffic? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

See where this can lead?
Let me know when you decide to be sensible, and then we'll talk.

If I waited for you libtard gun grabbers to be sensible, you would never utter another word!

That's bullshit when you have a psychiatrist going on national tv giving his opinion of the president and saying he's worse than Stalin or Hitler there is no way in hell would I trust any DR. with my rights after that.
lol. One psychiatrist gives his OPINION and you suddenly don't trust a single psychiatrist (or counselor or psychologist) in the world? Admit it, you never trusted any of them anyway.
Laughing doesn't help you position
He's not just any psychiatrist he's the chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at Duke University School of Medicine. and how many more are they like him that would violate a rule psychiatrist have by not evaluating someone they have never had a session with?
Got anything new to say, or are you just going to keep repeating that over and over?
I'll repeat one more time--it was his OPINION that Trump could start WWIII with his inept foreign policies.
Do you have anything to defend unprofessional action?
Why don't you make a complaint to the American Psychiatric Association? I used to handle the complaints for the medical association in our county. I'm sure they'll be tremendously glad to hear from you.

They let patients handle complaints?

That's exactly why I have a concern about requiring mental health evaluations before getting a gun. People like you who would put political opinions before actual evaluations. What a great way to get guns out of the hands of the people. Just say anyone that want a gun is mentally ill.
But a mental health PROFESSIONAL would never say that. People have so little trust in others these days.

Really? An ex-Marine was forced by mental health professionsla t give up his guns and endure 20 days in a VA hospital because he said that he would defend himself against Antifa.
Death threats, no doubt.

Yes, there were lots of doubts. There were no "death threats" because everything he said was quoted by a reporter and only indicated he would defend himself. That is why red flag laws will not work because liberal gun-grabbers s will control those who make the decisions.

Jaywalk? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Overdue library book? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Refuse to tip your waiter or waitress for poor service? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Tear the tag off your mattress? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Get a speeding ticket? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Say something to yourself about the asshole who cuts you off in traffic? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

See where this can lead?
Let me know when you decide to be sensible, and then we'll talk.
No it's time to take no prisoners

That's bullshit when you have a psychiatrist going on national tv giving his opinion of the president and saying he's worse than Stalin or Hitler there is no way in hell would I trust any DR. with my rights after that.
lol. One psychiatrist gives his OPINION and you suddenly don't trust a single psychiatrist (or counselor or psychologist) in the world? Admit it, you never trusted any of them anyway.
He's not just any psychiatrist he's the chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at Duke University School of Medicine. and how many more are they like him that would violate a rule psychiatrist have by not evaluating someone they have never had a session with?
Got anything new to say, or are you just going to keep repeating that over and over?
I'll repeat one more time--it was his OPINION that Trump could start WWIII with his inept foreign policies.
So you want guns taken from crazy people but you do not accept a doctor's opinion.

I get it.
I pick the people

So you want guns taken from crazy people but you do not accept a doctor's opinion.

I get it.
I pick the people

I get it.
I pick the people
Did you have something to say?

There is life without guns. It called communism and dictatorships. Why do you hate freedom?
Hate freedom? Hardly. Ask that question to the loved ones of the murdered and wounded. What happened to their freedom?

So you will take away the freedom of every American so that they can have the illusion of freedom under a despotic government?

Are you talking about Trump taking away our right to clean air, unpolluted water, safe work places? The right that all of us have the same rights?

Are you kidding? So rolling back some regulations is wanting dirty air, dirty water and unsafe work places? That's the problem with the left. There can't be any reasonableness to anything. It has to be their way or you want everyone to die.

Have you never heard of reasonable regulations?

How old are you, anyway? I remember when Fish were floating in the scum in the Chesapeake Bay. I remember when the Snow was Black due to excess coal burning. I remember when we had mud slides that took out entire mountain sides because all the trees were stripped and they Hydraulic Mined for Lead, Silver and gold. I remember the emergency reports went off warning that it was unsafe for small children to be outside. And there is a whole lot more during my lifetime. We've come a long way. And to roll things back means that we go back to a lot of this deadly behavior. Either we keep going forward or we keep messing up things.

Colorado had no choice but to get rid of the Coal Plants. I think there are only two left and they are on the chopping blocks. As pristine as Colorado should be, it failed the most recent Air Quality tests. So do we clean things up or do we go back to killing small animals, destroying trees and plants and endangering people.

sounds to me like it's YOU that is not being reasonable.

Your post is a PRIME example of what I'm talking about. We want reasonable regulations and not over regulations. Suddenly we are going back to clear cutting, unfiltered coal plants and factories dumping their waste directly into the lakes. What is the deal anyway? Is that what you really think we want? Please show me a post, any post, from a conservative that is for going back to those days. I think you've bought into the lies. Where in the words "reasonable regulations" is there a call for the days of unfettered pollution?

Hate freedom? Hardly. Ask that question to the loved ones of the murdered and wounded. What happened to their freedom?

So you will take away the freedom of every American so that they can have the illusion of freedom under a despotic government?

Are you talking about Trump taking away our right to clean air, unpolluted water, safe work places? The right that all of us have the same rights?

Are you kidding? So rolling back some regulations is wanting dirty air, dirty water and unsafe work places? That's the problem with the left. There can't be any reasonableness to anything. It has to be their way or you want everyone to die.

How old are you, anyway? I remember when Fish were floating in the scum in the Chesapeake Bay. I remember when the Snow was Black due to excess coal burning. I remember when we had mud slides that took out entire mountain sides because all the trees were stripped and they Hydraulic Mined for Lead, Silver and gold. I remember the emergency reports went off warning that it was unsafe for small children to be outside. And there is a whole lot more during my lifetime. We've come a long way. And to roll things back means that we go back to a lot of this deadly behavior. Either we keep going forward or we keep messing up things.

Colorado had no choice but to get rid of the Coal Plants. I think there are only two left and they are on the chopping blocks. As pristine as Colorado should be, it failed the most recent Air Quality tests. So do we clean things up or do we go back to killing small animals, destroying trees and plants and endangering people.

I remember when the LA smog was so brown and on days when it came up the coast, up the Ventura River and settled in the Ojai Valley. Eyes burning. Not healthy. Those days really sucked.
I bet they did. That's why reasonable regulations are okay.

Your post is a PRIME example of what I'm talking about. We want reasonable regulations and not over regulations. Suddenly we are going back to clear cutting, unfiltered coal plants and factories dumping their waste directly into the lakes. What is the deal anyway? Is that what you really think we want? Please show me a post, any post, from a conservative that is for going back to those days. I think you've bought into the lies. Where in the words "reasonable regulations" is there a call for the days of unfettered pollution?

Trump defines "reasonable regulations" as "no regulations'.

Scroll down the CARB homepage and check out the Smog Alerts:

Homepage | California Air Resources Board

Simple answer. If we don't get rid of ALL the coal power plants we sink deeper into the abyss. Simple as that. Of course, we could install the Scrubbers in them but that would make the power generation many times more expensive than Natural Gas. So the BS about "Bringing Coal Back" and lessening the conservation rules is turning the clock back and we can't afford to do that. Either we keep going forward or we go backwards. Your bunch wants to go backwards. Almost every State still abides by the Paris Conservation Agreement and disregards Rumps trying to turn thing back. There is a series of damned good reasons for that. Rump just wants to make money and screw everyone else.

California is doing a very good job of cleaning up the state. However, their doing so has earned trump anger, which he demonstrated by dishing the state for passing auto emission controls that were tighter than the rest of the nation.

California is doing a very good job of cleaning up the state. However, their doing so has earned trump anger, which he demonstrated by dishing the state for passing auto emission controls that were tighter than the rest of the nation.

And Colorado is following suit. And so are a lot of other States. It's either clean it up or lose it all. We are past the tipping point. Either we get real busy fast or we won't ever bring it back to a safe condition again. Denver doesn't have a Smog Problem anymore. It's "Extreme" measures of inspecting cars and trucks there cured that. But what's left is the almost lethal level of Ozone floating around. And that is caused directly by petroleum based fuels being burned in cars and trucks. Hence the big push for Electric Vehicles and the cutoff dates. It's not getting better, it's not staying the same, it's getting worse. And Denver isn't the only city with this problem. It's just the first to identify it, publicize it and start doing something about it.

So many cars, we had to clamp down. If you think about it, vehicles are faster, lighter, get better mileage because of it.

So many cars, we had to clamp down. If you think about it, vehicles are faster, lighter, get better mileage because of it.

And even with the better mileage and less pollution of the standard pollutants, once you start removing those, you are left with Ozone and the only way to get rid of that is to completely stop using Gas and Diesel Power Cars and Trucks. Ozone isn't just what helps to block the harmful radiation from space, close to the earth, it's a deadly poison. Either we find a different way or. You fill in the blank.

And even with the better mileage and less pollution of the standard pollutants, once you start removing those, you are left with Ozone and the only way to get rid of that is to completely stop using Gas and Diesel Power Cars and Trucks. Ozone isn't just what helps to block the harmful radiation from space, close to the earth, it's a deadly poison. Either we find a different way or. You fill in the blank.
All in for going forward, which should continue. The petro era needs to end. When I lived in the UK everyone drove a small peashooter car because the cost of fuel was outrageous. If the price of fuel was that expensive here in the US do you think people would see things different? Someone told me once, "people only do what they only did before" and that could be the challenge.

All in for going forward, which should continue. The petro era needs to end. When I lived in the UK everyone drove a small peashooter car because the cost of fuel was outrageous. If the price of fuel was that expensive here in the US do you think people would see things different? Someone told me once, "people only do what they only did before" and that could be the challenge.
I am not saying it's going to end abruptly. I am nearing the end to my latest build of my new electric trike. It will be used for day to driving instead of my truck. When I need the truck, I need the truck. But 11 mpg is a bit much. It can set there until I need it. But just to go shopping or as a grocery getter, it stays parked. Better to use the electric trike that operates for pennies on the dollar.

Okay, I have to give up some luxury items like Heater, Air Conditions (it does have mother natures own) The windshield is eye protection, Doors, and a few other non essential things. But for just a two or three mile jaunt up the road and back, just how much will I miss most of the rest? And it's just as safe in an accident as anything on the road with a full roll cage and a 4 point safety harness. Can I take it out on the Interstate? No. But that's what I have the truck for. Can I take it to Denver and Back (240 mi radius), nope. Again, that's what I have that 3 ton truck for. But that truck has been costing me almost a hundred a month for fuel. With the trike coming online, that cost should drop to about 10 bucks a month. The Trike should cost less than 4 bucks a month to operate.

If you look at the cost of total operation of the truck, the only thing that will drop will be the maintenance and fuel. The rest will stay the same. So the oil changes will still happen once a year instead of twice a year so that's another savings. Tires will last 5 years instead of 3. (those 12 plys do cost).

Having the electric as the 2nd vehicle for normal day to day operation makes sense. I've done it in the past (some really sorry SOB stole my last one about 2 years ago). And I didn't realize how much that saved me until I rejoined the Human Race. There is NO reason that families can't have a low cost electric vehicle like I build for a grocery getter along with their gas rig. Yes, it's not a Lexus or a Mercedes but it isn't costing 60K to own either. Most say that only the rich can afford electric vehicles. Wrong. The Poor should be driving these.

I am not saying it's going to end abruptly. I am nearing the end to my latest build of my new electric trike. It will be used for day to driving instead of my truck. When I need the truck, I need the truck. But 11 mpg is a bit much. It can set there until I need it. But just to go shopping or as a grocery getter, it stays parked. Better to use the electric trike that operates for pennies on the dollar.

Okay, I have to give up some luxury items like Heater, Air Conditions (it does have mother natures own) The windshield is eye protection, Doors, and a few other non essential things. But for just a two or three mile jaunt up the road and back, just how much will I miss most of the rest? And it's just as safe in an accident as anything on the road with a full roll cage and a 4 point safety harness. Can I take it out on the Interstate? No. But that's what I have the truck for. Can I take it to Denver and Back (240 mi radius), nope. Again, that's what I have that 3 ton truck for. But that truck has been costing me almost a hundred a month for fuel. With the trike coming online, that cost should drop to about 10 bucks a month. The Trike should cost less than 4 bucks a month to operate.

If you look at the cost of total operation of the truck, the only thing that will drop will be the maintenance and fuel. The rest will stay the same. So the oil changes will still happen once a year instead of twice a year so that's another savings. Tires will last 5 years instead of 3. (those 12 plys do cost).

Having the electric as the 2nd vehicle for normal day to day operation makes sense. I've done it in the past (some really sorry SOB stole my last one about 2 years ago). And I didn't realize how much that saved me until I rejoined the Human Race. There is NO reason that families can't have a low cost electric vehicle like I build for a grocery getter along with their gas rig. Yes, it's not a Lexus or a Mercedes but it isn't costing 60K to own either. Most say that only the rich can afford electric vehicles. Wrong. The Poor should be driving these.
You sound like a friend of mine. His electric bicycle goes 45 mph with 2-12 packs in the baskets.

Official Website of the eMotoRacing℠ Zero Emissions Series

Evidence?

Forum List

Back