BREAKING: Active shooter in Midland/Odessa TX

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Well, about a half hour ago, a Home Depot was shot up in Odessa. And, apparently there are 2 of them. One is in a gold and white truck, one is in a postal van.

Details are still coming in. So far, 1 is dead, and 10 or more are injured.

Authorities responding to reports of shootings in West Texas

By Caroline Linton

Updated on: August 31, 2019 / 6:09 PM / CBS News

The Odessa Police Department posted on Facebook that there are "multiple people shot" and at least one suspect driving around in a hijacked mail truck "shooting at random people."

"The suspect just hijacked a U.S. mail carrier truck and was last seen in the area of 38th and Walnut," the Facebook post read. "Everyone is encouraged to get off the road and use extreme caution! All law enforcement is currently searching for the suspect and more information will be released as soon as it becomes available."

The Midland Police Department posted on Facebook they believe two shooters were involved and using two separate vehicles. One suspect is believed to be at the Cinergy movie theater in Midland and the other is believed to be driving on Loop 250 in Midland, the police said.

Two of them? That's different. Who needs a mental health system or a living wage or any laws about guns, everybody should have a few. Of course when psychiatrists say that 26% of Americans are mentally ill it's important to arm them..... Great job NRAGOP

Damn..................when I first heard it come over the news, they were saying 1 dead and 10 injured. Now it's up to 20?

It says they got 1 suspect, but in the original reports there were 2 shooters, one in a gold and white truck, one in a hijacked postal van.
The one in the postal van is still at large, according to the report...

Well, about a half hour ago, a Home Depot was shot up in Odessa. And, apparently there are 2 of them. One is in a gold and white truck, one is in a postal van.

By Caroline Linton

The Odessa Police Department posted on Facebook that there are "multiple people shot" and at least one suspect driving around in a hijacked mail truck "shooting at random people."

"The suspect just hijacked a U.S. mail carrier truck and was last seen in the area of 38th and Walnut," the Facebook post read. "Everyone is encouraged to get off the road and use extreme caution! All law enforcement is currently searching for the suspect and more information will be released as soon as it becomes available."

The Midland Police Department posted on Facebook they believe two shooters were involved and using two separate vehicles. One suspect is believed to be at the Cinergy movie theater in Midland and the other is believed to be driving on Loop 250 in Midland, the police said.
T's & P's

Odessa and Midland are isolated in the Pecos of W. Texas.
Ever see the opening scenes of the movie 'No Country for Old Men'?
It is that deserted around those two towns.

Houston Chronicle says one person is in custody, 2 are not. Report: One person is in custody; up to 20 are injured in shooting

One person was taken in custody and as many as 20 people have been injured, according to reports as the active shooter situation continues in Midland and Odessa.

Television station KOSA reports that a person was taken into custody at the Cinergy theater in Midland. This followed the shooting of as many as 20 people at a Home Depot in Odessa, citing Department of Public Safety officials.

Earlier in the afternoon the Midland Police Department is reported that there were a pair of active shooters in separate vehicles in Midland.​

I've been trying to post, but there's a thunderstorm here, and my computer isn't working right. I'll keep trying.

I guess I'm out due to the three strikes law.

By Caroline Linton

I do not mean to sound like a douche but I am sure I know why Home Depot was hit.

Many undocumented workers sit around those stores and once all is known it is most likely for that reason.

I know I will bashed for this and I hope I am wrong as hell and will apologize if I am...

By Caroline Linton

T's & P's

STFU.

By Caroline Linton

I do not mean to sound like a douche but I am sure I know why Home Depot was hit.

Many undocumented workers sit around those stores and once all is known it is most likely for that reason.

I know I will bashed for this and I hope I am wrong as hell and will apologize if I am...

On Saturday afternoon at Home Depot?

Forum List

Back