BREAKING: Active shooter in Midland/Odessa TX

So you will take away the freedom of every American so that they can have the illusion of freedom under a despotic government?
Only a moron would want to give up a right that allowed them the best outcome for their survival. Those people have mental issues and should be silenced and locked away for their own safety.

Survival from what?

Mass shootings are not due to mental illness. Studies have proven this.

Putting a gun in a home that was without one, increases the risk to those living in that house.

People wanting to own an AR-15 type rifle have mental issues.

That's exactly why I have a concern about requiring mental health evaluations before getting a gun. People like you who would put political opinions before actual evaluations. What a great way to get guns out of the hands of the people. Just say anyone that want a gun is mentally ill.
But a mental health PROFESSIONAL would never say that. People have so little trust in others these days.
That's bullshit when you have a psychiatrist going on national tv giving his opinion of the president and saying he's worse than Stalin or Hitler there is no way in hell would I trust any DR. with my rights after that.
lol. One psychiatrist gives his OPINION and you suddenly don't trust a single psychiatrist (or counselor or psychologist) in the world? Admit it, you never trusted any of them anyway.

So you will take away the freedom of every American so that they can have the illusion of freedom under a despotic government?
Only a moron would want to give up a right that allowed them the best outcome for their survival. Those people have mental issues and should be silenced and locked away for their own safety.

Survival from what?

Putting a gun in a home that was without one, increases the risk to those living in that house.

That's exactly why I have a concern about requiring mental health evaluations before getting a gun. People like you who would put political opinions before actual evaluations. What a great way to get guns out of the hands of the people. Just say anyone that want a gun is mentally ill.
But a mental health PROFESSIONAL would never say that. People have so little trust in others these days.

Well you would think so, but we know that isn't true. Take a look at the justice system as a prime example. People will look for judges and jurisdictions that may rule in their favor based upon political leaning. It's called judge shopping. All the government would have to do is find these type of "professionals" and then suddenly you have it. A judge is supposed to rule according to the Constitution but there are plenty that rule from the bench. It would be the same for these types of laws.
You've been spending too much time on this board with all these twisted bullshit artists. Judges rule according to the law and mental health professionals base their findings on evidence. Not everyone in the world distorts reality to fit their politics.

And I've known enough judges to know that they sure as hell aren't all liberals.

Survival from what?

That's bullshit when you have a psychiatrist going on national tv giving his opinion of the president and saying he's worse than Stalin or Hitler there is no way in hell would I trust any DR. with my rights after that.
lol. One psychiatrist gives his OPINION and you suddenly don't trust a single psychiatrist (or counselor or psychologist) in the world? Admit it, you never trusted any of them anyway.
Laughing doesn't help you position
He's not just any psychiatrist he's the chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at Duke University School of Medicine. and how many more are they like him that would violate a rule psychiatrist have by not evaluating someone they have never had a session with?

Survival from what?

Well you would think so, but we know that isn't true. Take a look at the justice system as a prime example. People will look for judges and jurisdictions that may rule in their favor based upon political leaning. It's called judge shopping. All the government would have to do is find these type of "professionals" and then suddenly you have it. A judge is supposed to rule according to the Constitution but there are plenty that rule from the bench. It would be the same for these types of laws.
You've been spending too much time on this board with all these twisted bullshit artists. Judges rule according to the law and mental health professionals base their findings on evidence. Not everyone in the world distorts reality to fit their politics.

And I've known enough judges to know that they sure as hell aren't all liberals.
Irony makes you delusional.

Let's see. If I am part of the Well Regulated Militia, that means that I belong to a State Sponsored Militia like the SDF, Police Force and a few others. And the common weapon for them would be the AR-15, M-16 or the M-4. And you will find that the laws back that up along with the Federal Firearms laws pertaining to the sale and distribution of Automatic Weapons. You think because you are part of a bunch of yokels running around the woods wearing green pickel suits that they should get the same weapons? Nope. Only if the States and localities allows it and more and more states localities are removing the AR-15 from the allowable list. You are NOT part of the Organized Militia. In fact, the California Police have to turn in their ARs when they go off duty and go home. As does every other SDF unit.

So the answer to your question is, not all weapons used by the Organized Militia is authorized to be used in the Civilian world.

I know you won't accept that but it's the law.
nope the unorganized Militia.you and every able body man and woman are part of it.
10 USC § 311 - Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

According to the 2nd ammendment, the weapons only applies to the well organized militia.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,

Not the unorganized Militia. And those Unorganized Militia that it pertains to are part of the SDF which cannot be called up to be nationalized into the Federal Forces. It's a lot more complicated than you make it out to be. And that would be up to each individual state. The State can determine who has those rights or privileges and who does not. The only say you have in it is in your vote.

Hmm. If what you say is true, why didn't the government round up all the guns after the Constitution was passed? I mean, didn't they know what they meant?

Mark

They put the power of the weapons into the States hands. In the beginning, the Feds had no Military at all. Then when things started going haywire on the Frontier, the Feds were allowed a force of 75,000 which was smaller than any one state could muster.

That still doesn't answer the question. If the intent was to not allow guns in the hands of anyone but the military (militia) then why didn't they round up all the guns once the military, militia, was established?

And who said that was their intent? Are you channeling once again? Was that part of a Seance?

The more the problem the more they will be banned. Common sense. No BS. There is life without guns, but I doubt you have one other than guns.

There is life without guns. It called communism and dictatorships. Why do you hate freedom?
Hate freedom? Hardly. Ask that question to the loved ones of the murdered and wounded. What happened to their freedom?

Are you talking about Trump taking away our right to clean air, unpolluted water, safe work places? The right that all of us have the same rights?

Are you kidding? So rolling back some regulations is wanting dirty air, dirty water and unsafe work places? That's the problem with the left. There can't be any reasonableness to anything. It has to be their way or you want everyone to die.

Have you never heard of reasonable regulations?

How old are you, anyway? I remember when Fish were floating in the scum in the Chesapeake Bay. I remember when the Snow was Black due to excess coal burning. I remember when we had mud slides that took out entire mountain sides because all the trees were stripped and they Hydraulic Mined for Lead, Silver and gold. I remember the emergency reports went off warning that it was unsafe for small children to be outside. And there is a whole lot more during my lifetime. We've come a long way. And to roll things back means that we go back to a lot of this deadly behavior. Either we keep going forward or we keep messing up things.

Colorado had no choice but to get rid of the Coal Plants. I think there are only two left and they are on the chopping blocks. As pristine as Colorado should be, it failed the most recent Air Quality tests. So do we clean things up or do we go back to killing small animals, destroying trees and plants and endangering people.

sounds to me like it's YOU that is not being reasonable.

Hate freedom? Hardly. Ask that question to the loved ones of the murdered and wounded. What happened to their freedom?

Survival from what?

Really? An ex-Marine was forced by mental health professionsla t give up his guns and endure 20 days in a VA hospital because he said that he would defend himself against Antifa.

Survival from what?

Do you drink Evian?

Evian spelled backwards is "Naive"!

There is life without guns. It called communism and dictatorships. Why do you hate freedom?

Are you talking about Trump taking away our right to clean air, unpolluted water, safe work places? The right that all of us have the same rights?

Are you kidding? So rolling back some regulations is wanting dirty air, dirty water and unsafe work places? That's the problem with the left. There can't be any reasonableness to anything. It has to be their way or you want everyone to die.

Have you never heard of reasonable regulations?

How old are you, anyway? I remember when Fish were floating in the scum in the Chesapeake Bay. I remember when the Snow was Black due to excess coal burning. I remember when we had mud slides that took out entire mountain sides because all the trees were stripped and they Hydraulic Mined for Lead, Silver and gold. I remember the emergency reports went off warning that it was unsafe for small children to be outside. And there is a whole lot more during my lifetime. We've come a long way. And to roll things back means that we go back to a lot of this deadly behavior. Either we keep going forward or we keep messing up things.

Colorado had no choice but to get rid of the Coal Plants. I think there are only two left and they are on the chopping blocks. As pristine as Colorado should be, it failed the most recent Air Quality tests. So do we clean things up or do we go back to killing small animals, destroying trees and plants and endangering people.

sounds to me like it's YOU that is not being reasonable.
I remember when the LA smog was so brown and on days when it came up the coast, up the Ventura River and settled in the Ojai Valley. Eyes burning. Not healthy. Those days really sucked.

Survival from what?

He's not just any psychiatrist he's the chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at Duke University School of Medicine. and how many more are they like him that would violate a rule psychiatrist have by not evaluating someone they have never had a session with?
See, this is the dishonesty of these NRA bred morons.

"We want to keep guns away from crazy people"

But no one can declare a person too crazy to own a gun.

I guess we need a panel of docs have year long sessions with these people & then they can vote on whether they an buy a gun or get a permit. Who will pay for this?

Just like Trump got his bone spurs deferment, there will be docs that, for a fee, will declare you sane enough. So lets go bavk to the guns.

Survival from what?

Got anything new to say, or are you just going to keep repeating that over and over?
I'll repeat one more time--it was his OPINION that Trump could start WWIII with his inept foreign policies.

Survival from what?

Really? An ex-Marine was forced by mental health professionsla t give up his guns and endure 20 days in a VA hospital because he said that he would defend himself against Antifa.
Death threats, no doubt.

Why do we have so many regulations?

We have a regulation that says companies hasve to blah balh blah.

Corporations will either comply or they will try to circumvent the regulation. When they circumvent it, regulations will be written to stop that. And on it goes.

Why? Because you can't trust corporations to do the right thing. Regulations are there because Corporate America demanded it through their constant fight to get around them.

Survival from what?

Death threats, no doubt.

Yes, there were lots of doubts. There were no "death threats" because everything he said was quoted by a reporter and only indicated he would defend himself. That is why red flag laws will not work because liberal gun-grabbers s will control those who make the decisions.

Jaywalk? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Overdue library book? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Refuse to tip your waiter or waitress for poor service? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Tear the tag off your mattress? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Get a speeding ticket? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Say something to yourself about the asshole who cuts you off in traffic? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

See where this can lead?

See, this is the dishonesty of these NRA bred morons.

"We want to keep guns away from crazy people"

But no one can declare a person too crazy to own a gun.

I guess we need a panel of docs have year long sessions with these people & then they can vote on whether they an buy a gun or get a permit. Who will pay for this?

Just like Trump got his bone spurs deferment, there will be docs that, for a fee, will declare you sane enough. So lets go bavk to the guns.
Nope and go fuck yourself anyone can see that he is politically motivated. He should lose his license

Got anything new to say, or are you just going to keep repeating that over and over?
I'll repeat one more time--it was his OPINION that Trump could start WWIII with his inept foreign policies.
Do you have anything to defend unprofessional action?

Survival from what?

Death threats, no doubt.
If the chicken shits want to play they'll get worse than they gave

Survival from what?

Death threats, no doubt.

Yes, there were lots of doubts. There were no "death threats" because everything he said was quoted by a reporter and only indicated he would defend himself. That is why red flag laws will not work because liberal gun-grabbers s will control those who make the decisions.

Jaywalk? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Overdue library book? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Refuse to tip your waiter or waitress for poor service? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Tear the tag off your mattress? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Get a speeding ticket? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

Say something to yourself about the asshole who cuts you off in traffic? You are a criminal that should not have a gun!

See where this can lead?
Let me know when you decide to be sensible, and then we'll talk.

Why don't you make a complaint to the American Psychiatric Association? I used to handle the complaints for the medical association in our county. I'm sure they'll be tremendously glad to hear from you.

So you want guns taken from crazy people but you do not accept a doctor's opinion.

I get it.

Forum List

Back