BOOM: UPS Fires 250 Union Workers for Refusing to Work

BOOM: UPS Fires 250 Union Workers for Refusing to Work

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap: Good they don't want to work they can look somewhere else for employment. I wish more companies will follow suit .. We do NOT need unions any longer

That's about 1/2 the UPS driving force in area. The reason they can do it and the union cannot say boo is that the strike was not authorized, but something thought up by the local shop steward.

I know some will consider this union busting, but I have to assume the replacements will be part of the union was well.

Wildcat strikes are problematic for the workers; they have no official protection. If the union is weak, the company can act with impunity as is the case here.

Lovebears is silly when he says unions are not needed. Corporate would return workers to the 1920s and 1930 if they could. They can't, thank heavens.

Wildcat strikes are problematic for the workers; they have no official protection. If the union is weak, the company can act with impunity as is the case here.

Lovebears is silly when he says unions are not needed. Corporate would return workers to the 1920s and 1930 if they could. They can't, thank heavens.

How come here in the south we do just fine without them.. My husband makes a great salary , has great benefits and guess what his company which is a fortune 100 company is not unionized. There was a time and place for unions and that time has passed. They were good and passed many regulations that it will be impossible for them to go back to the 1920s now.

we have laws on the books to protect workers from the abuses of the 20s and 30s. The unions serve no purpose but to collect money for the democrat party. That is their only function. The GM and Chrysler bailouts were done to save the UAW, not the companies or the workers. Wake up and smell reality.

How come here in the south we do just fine without them.. My husband makes a great salary , has great benefits and guess what his company which is a fortune 100 company is not unionized. There was a time and place for unions and that time has passed. They were good and passed many regulations that it will be impossible for them to go back to the 1920s now.

I don't know where your husband works but here are some more examples of great non-union companies in the south that are paying good wages and benefits-------BMW, Mercedes, Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Hyundai, Kia.

then we have the cesspool known as detroit where unions and liberals have been in control for decades.

...by being the poorest population in the US. Yeah you guys are doing swimmingly

The actual contract. Go to pages 55 and 56 and its pretty clear UPS is within its rights to fire these guys.

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/Local_804_Supplement.pdf

...by being the poorest population in the US. Yeah you guys are doing swimmingly
has nothing to do with the topic. I'm thinking that when word gets out and the NLRB is muzzled, a number of union companies will pull up stakes and move to the 'right to work' states. They can still pay very decent wages and save money too! Plus, the economies of those states will rise while the northern blue states flounder. Its a glorious vision. I wonder when the CEO's will wake up to the missed opportunities they are passing over.

I guess that explains why people and businesses are leaving places like calfornia and new jersey and moving south in droves. Poor? really? have you been to Atlanta, Charlotte, Houston, Birmingham, Memphis, Jacksonville, Orlando, Dallas, Baton Rouge? Sorry, dude, lots of big money and great jobs in those cities.

now, want to talk about poor populations--------check out Detroit, Newark, Chicago, Cincinnatti, Cleveland, LA, Boston, NYC. The poor are really poor in those liberal utopias, dumbass.

Corporate would return workers to the 1920s and 1930 if they could. They can't, thank heavens.

Really? That's interesting because I work for a Fortune 100 company and we have no union and I make a pretty good salary along with excellent benefits.

has nothing to do with the topic.

Uh yeah, she said that the south is doing fine without them. If by "fine" she means "poor as fuck" then shes right.

I guess that explains why people and businesses are leaving places like calfornia and new jersey and moving south in droves. Poor? really? have you been to Atlanta, Charlotte, Houston, Birmingham, Memphis, Jacksonville, Orlando, Dallas, Baton Rouge? Sorry, dude, lots of big money and great jobs in those cities.

now, want to talk about poor populations--------check out Detroit, Newark, Chicago, Cincinnatti, Cleveland, LA, Boston, NYC. The poor are really poor in those liberal utopias, dumbass.

What you just said has nothing to do with the fact that the south are the poorest in the nation. Nothing

Only about 7% or the US private workforce is in a union, I'd say their impact is fairly insignificant.

I thought he was in the military? Hmmm. As for the South and non-union, some of the worst records for pay and protection from overwork (with no overtime) and lack of protection from unfair business practices.

Oh...and some of the worst safety records in industry too.

Pathetic...cheering on people being fired because of partisan bias....what a low life.

Forum List

Back