BOOM: UPS Fires 250 Union Workers for Refusing to Work

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap: Good they don't want to work they can look somewhere else for employment. I wish more companies will follow suit .. We do NOT need unions any longer

Yea, let's go back to 80 hour workweeks, no overtime pay, childhood labor, no holidays, no job safety, we don't need no stinking unions.

there are laws against those things. the unions are nothing but cash cows for the dem party. and you are right, we don't need no stinking unions.

What you just said has nothing to do with the fact that the south are the poorest in the nation. Nothing

standard of living is a much better measure than average income. You don't see people moving from georgia to michigan do you? nope. what you do see is a lot of people and companies moving south. Texas has a large net increase in population for instance, whereas new jersey and michigan have net decreases.

AHAHAHA Good to see that you arent trying to fight reality anymore. They are shit poor and Lovebear is whistling pass the graveyard because her hubby makes good money. Fuck the entire rest of the south its all about some dumb chick named Lovebear and her hubby :badgrin:

please stay where you are, you and your kind are not wanted here. Think whatever you like about the south, you are wrong. I have lived in the north, west, west coast, south, northeast, and midwest. I will take the south every day of the week and every month of the year.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap: Good they don't want to work they can look somewhere else for employment. I wish more companies will follow suit .. We do NOT need unions any longer

Yea, let's go back to 80 hour workweeks, no overtime pay, childhood labor, no holidays, no job safety, we don't need no stinking unions.

there are laws against those things. the unions are nothing but cash cows for the dem party. and you are right, we don't need no stinking unions.

In my state it's law they don't have to give you a break at all. Regardless off how many hours you work that day.
When they can fuck you they will

standard of living is a much better measure than average income. You don't see people moving from georgia to michigan do you? nope. what you do see is a lot of people and companies moving south. Texas has a large net increase in population for instance, whereas new jersey and michigan have net decreases.

IF I lived in Georgia, I'd move to Michigan in a heartbeat.

I had a business in Atlanta.

It was a HORRIBLE town.

Every time it rained these huge trees would topple over and knock out the electricity.

The cops were really corrupt and constantly hit me up for money to "guard" my bar on their off hours.

The work ethic is terrible.

The best part of Atlanta? Leaving.

sorry, swallow, but there a millions of trees still standing in Atlanta. The cops probably harrassed you because you were either running an illegal book or selling drugs in your bar. I am quite sure the Atlanta does not miss your sorry ass.

where in dumbfuckistan do you live now? how much do you pay those cops to look the other way on your illegal activities?

How come here in the south we do just fine without them.. My husband makes a great salary , has great benefits and guess what his company which is a fortune 100 company is not unionized. There was a time and place for unions and that time has passed. They were good and passed many regulations that it will be impossible for them to go back to the 1920s now.

...by being the poorest population in the US. Yeah you guys are doing swimmingly

Again, you stupid bitch.....

Look at the percentage of the population made up by blacks in the South.

Subtract them and we're kicking your fucking asses. We're talking 37%. What's the percentage of Blacks in your State?

Like everything else you are right only if you can craft your own reality. But in real reality what I said is true and you have to find picture, call names and make up populations in order to be right.

Sorry but reality doesnt budge because you cuss a lot turd munch

In my state it's law they don't have to give you a break at all. Regardless off how many hours you work that day.

what state is that? are you claiming that your state does not have minimum wage laws, working hour laws, overtime laws, child labor laws ? Do you live in north korea?

So UPS then has less NYC business, and closes more offices/transit centers, and lays off people for no reason instead of firing people for breaking their contract.

Personally?

I'd like to see UPS pack and go.

They are a pain in the ass. They are constantly blocking people in their parking spots and double park everywhere.

We have a constitutionally guaranteed post office as well.

The Money should go to them.

Fuck UPS.

right, UPS is making a profit and providing good service. the USPS is losing millions and providing average service.

let UPS and Fedex have it all, do away with the USPS, we would get more for our money.

Well no.

USPS' problems stem from onerous laws passed by congress.

But all this is not the postal service's biggest financial headache.

The majority of the service's nearly $16 billion loss last year stemmed from a 2006 law Congress passed forcing it to pay into future retiree health benefits, something no other agency does. That was $11.1 billion of the year's total loss.

An independent agency, the service gets no tax dollars for its day-to-day operations but is subject to congressional control. Many analysts lament that it has to manage 500,000 employees, a fleet of 212,000 vehicles and thousands of pieces of automated equipment but is not allowed to make what they say are typical business decisions.

"Congress should give the agency authority it needs to act like a real business," says Geddes, the Cornell professor, meaning respond to customer demand by controlling prices and adjusting levels of service when needed.

Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe announced a plan for that in February, saying he'd save perhaps up to $2 billion annually by cutting Saturday delivery of first-class mail starting in August but continuing six-day delivery for its growing package service.
Postal Service Loses Money Even As It Gains More Customers

That is a lie.

What you failed to address, because you are a liar, is that overtime in most States is based on WEEKLY hours, NOT on Daily hours worked.

That's the law in most States.

So if you put in 4 ten hour days, you don't get overtime pay.

I'll take that deal all day long. ALL day long.

Three days off a week, every week? Oh, hell yes.

How about Firemen? Know how they work? Didn't think so.

You need to learn before you speak.

But, you're a dimocrap, which means you're not all that bright and you're also prone to dishonesty in the first place.

Sorry, it's just true :dunno:

That is a lie.

What you failed to address, because you are a liar, is that overtime in most States is based on WEEKLY hours, NOT on Daily hours worked.

But, you're a dimocrap, which means you're not all that bright and you're also prone to dishonesty in the first place.

:clap::clap: you are on a roll today, keep it up

Pathetic...cheering on people being fired because of partisan bias....what a low life.

The contract is quite clear on striking, in particular strikes that are not authorized at the highest parts of the Union.

You expect the company to keep its part of the agreement. The drivers broke the agreement, were warned about breaking the agreement, and are facing the consequences of breaking the agreement.

Considering the new drivers will likely be part of the Union, how is this union breaking by adhering to the agreement?
Understandable...There is no need to cheer.

Personally?

They are a pain in the ass. They are constantly blocking people in their parking spots and double park everywhere.

Fuck UPS.

right, UPS is making a profit and providing good service. the USPS is losing millions and providing average service.

let UPS and Fedex have it all, do away with the USPS, we would get more for our money.

Well no.

The majority of the service's nearly $16 billion loss last year stemmed from a 2006 law Congress passed forcing it to pay into future retiree health benefits, something no other agency does. That was $11.1 billion of the year's total loss.

An independent agency, the service gets no tax dollars for its day-to-day operations but is subject to congressional control. Many analysts lament that it has to manage 500,000 employees, a fleet of 212,000 vehicles and thousands of pieces of automated equipment but is not allowed to make what they say are typical business decisions.

"Congress should give the agency authority it needs to act like a real business," says Geddes, the Cornell professor, meaning respond to customer demand by controlling prices and adjusting levels of service when needed.

Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe announced a plan for that in February, saying he'd save perhaps up to $2 billion annually by cutting Saturday delivery of first-class mail starting in August but continuing six-day delivery for its growing package service.

This is a typical 'outrage trap' set by libturds.

The USPS, to my knowledge, was never meant to be a profit-making enterprise.

In fact, to my knowledge, it is still Federal Law that government can not compete with Private Enterprise. Which means.... Making a profit.

Leave the USPS alone. They're one of the few Branches of government that actually work hard for their money. And they ain't all that well-paid either

Edge Impression:

You lying bitch

The South is not poor dumbass

If you moved all the rich people into the South then thats proof that the south isnt poor idiot

Dems are Liars

If you took away all the ham sammichs in the south and traded them for money then the South would be swimming in money idiot loser

You dont know what you're talking about *add smilies*

Personally?

Fuck UPS.

Well no.

right, and which party has controlled congress and made most of the laws for the last 75 years? any idea, shallow?

IF I lived in Georgia, I'd move to Michigan in a heartbeat.

It was a HORRIBLE town.

Every time it rained these huge trees would topple over and knock out the electricity.

The cops were really corrupt and constantly hit me up for money to "guard" my bar on their off hours.

sorry, swallow, but there a millions of trees still standing in Atlanta. The cops probably harrassed you because you were either running an illegal book or selling drugs in your bar. I am quite sure the Atlanta does not miss your sorry ass.

where in dumbfuckistan do you live now? how much do you pay those cops to look the other way on your illegal activities?

Well Redfag..you can keep your commie little city.

One of the most corrupt shitholes I ever had the displeasure of being in.

Did you live in the large faggot community they had there?

Never seen so many faggots in my life.

That is a lie.

State of ohio..look it up...

Well no.

right, and which party has controlled congress and made most of the laws for the last 75 years? any idea, shallow?

In 2006, Redfag?

The Republicans controlled the Senate, House and White House.

AIDS addle your brain?

It was a HORRIBLE town.

Well Redfag..you can keep your commie little city.

One of the most corrupt shitholes I ever had the displeasure of being in.

Did you live in the large faggot community they had there?

Never seen so many faggots in my life.

Atlanta is a dimocrap scum controlled pushole.

So is Miami. So is Nawlins. So are the vast majority of Big Cities.

Again, it isn't their location, it's the scumbags that run them.

dimocraps....... They'd fuck up a salvage yard.

Forum List

Back