Rand was right, Ayn that is

Redfish

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2013
The Big Easy
." We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand

its where are going if we do not stop it NOW. WE the people let it happen, only we the people can stop it.

Cue the "Rand accepted Social Security" in 3...2...

Anyone that stands for individual liberty or limited government is a hypocrite if they accept that which they were forced to contribute towards. True story. :doubt:

I think it is too late.

After 50 years of the Great Society and the War on Poverty, and after 6 years of Obama...a full third are on some sort of Government Dole...and Lord knows how many are on the Big Government Dole--members of Public Employee Unions.

We need to quit paying the non-producers to have babies, and start paying them not to get pregnant to begin with.

And Lois Lerner needs to go to Jail.

The concept that there is a "we" out there in reality somewhere that will do something about anything is laughable.

:neutral:

Anyone that stands for individual liberty or limited government is a hypocrite if they accept that which they were forced to contribute towards. True story. :doubt:

not sure where the hypocrisy is. If we are forced to contribute I see no hypocrisy in taking what we were promised when they took our money.

." We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand

its where are going if we do not stop it NOW. WE the people let it happen, only we the people can stop it.

I agree with Rand's sentiment, but do not accept her "cure" for the ills under which we are currently suffering.

Her solution is far from the best one. She is just as extremist as those she spoke of.

Last edited:
I think it is too late.

After 50 years of the Great Society and the War on Poverty, and after 6 years of Obama...a full third are on some sort of Government Dole...and Lord knows how many are on the Big Government Dole--members of Public Employee Unions.

We need to quit paying the non-producers to have babies, and start paying them not to get pregnant to begin with.

Governments using tax money to pay people to prevent them from having children doesn't sound libertarian, but big government instead.

Ayn Rand believed that an embryo had no rights.

Abortion ?Ayn*Rand Lexicon

An embryo has no rights. Rights do not pertain to a potential, only to an actual being. A child cannot acquire any rights until it is born. The living take precedence over the not-yet-living (or the unborn).

Abortion is a moral right—which should be left to the sole discretion of the woman involved; morally, nothing other than her wish in the matter is to be considered. Who can conceivably have the right to dictate to her what disposition she is to make of the functions of her own body?
<more>

not sure where the hypocrisy is. If we are forced to contribute I see no hypocrisy in taking what we were promised when they took our money.

My attempt at cynicism didn't take!

I think it is too late.

Governments using tax money to pay people to prevent them from having children doesn't sound libertarian, but big government instead.

---------------------------------------------------

I don't know how it has got to be characterized.....but the best hope for this Country long run is to start paying unmarried 15, 16 and 17 year old girls not to have babies.

Its obviously controversial...some one will surely play the race card pretty quick...and it will create no cure before the next election, or the next...but it is the only hope of saving this decaying society.

Try it first in picked trial areas...like Detroit, South Chicago, and a couple of places in the South and one in California.

Really, only Democrats would object to unmarried 15, 16, and 17 year old girls having fewer babies.

How about that she was pro-abortion and a nazi sympathizer who wrote books that appeal to high school kids (and certain rw's) who haven't learned how to think for themselves yet.

I think it is too late.

---------------------------------------------------

I don't know how it has got to be characterized.....but the best hope for this Country long run is to start paying unmarried 15, 16 and 17 year old girls not to have babies.

Its obviously controversial...some one will surely play the race card pretty quick...and it will create no cure before the next election, or the next...but it is the only hope of saving this decaying society.

Try it first in picked trial areas...like Detroit, South Chicago, and a couple of places in the South and one in California.

Really, only Democrats would object to unmarried 15, 16, and 17 year old girls having fewer babies.

Don't look for the Duck Dynasty fans to back you up on that. They want little girls to be forced "marry" adult men

Latest NY Times-CBS Poll Finds Political Right Ahead of Democrats as 2014 Mid-Terms Near.
We will see after we get closer to election time.
Even Hollywood is saying that Gov. is to big.

Forum List

Back