Bloomberg’s nannyism: It’s come to this

Hey, do you MORONS know what the word "VOLUNTARY" means? You fuckers have got to be the biggest bunch of imbeciles I've ever seen.

END THREAD

Voluntary for who with the formula locked up.

Its VOLUNTARY for a hospital to participate in this program you fucking moron. My lord you and your ilk are so incredible moronic, its so very very sad.

Right right..... Still slow, very slow.............And all 40 fall into lock step...

Do you know what the word "government" means? How about "taxes"? Anything voluntary about those??

Let me ask you directly, as you seem to be one of the people most jazzed about nanny-state authoritarianism. What do you think the job of government is? What's the point of having a government, in your view? I'm honestly curious, because it seems to have no bounds. For some of you, it seems the government is the be-all, end-all of human society.

Is it there to tell us how to live? To tell us how feed our children? How to pay for our health care? etc, etc, etc??

I won't answer your questions until you ask mine. Let's try again.

Do you know what the word "voluntary" means?

Yes. I do.

Your turn. What do you see as the job of government? Is it to tell us how to live?

The job of the NYC government is to do whatever it is the People of NYC decide it should do, within the constraints of the U.S. Constitution, the New York Constitution, and federal and state law.

how voluntary is it if use of formula has to be medically documented? For his next act, bloomberg will ban the sale of formula.

Bloomberg is insane, he's as crazy as jim holmes. Is someone putting lead in his water. Doesn't think kind of shoot down "my body my choice" as he wants the government to take the decision of whether or not to breastfeed away from women?

it only has to be documented by hospitals that participate in this voluntary program. Please stop being such a retard, you're giving the mentally challenged a bad name!

And if the mother happens to be unlucky enough to have had her baby in a hospital participating in this voluntary program she's just stuck isn't she. Hopefully her doctor will voluntarily write a prescription.

Its VOLUNTARY for a hospital to participate in this program you fucking moron. My lord you and your ilk are so incredible moronic, its so very very sad.

Wow.. try to follow along. The government is using our tax money to promote an agenda. That is NOT voluntary. I don't want a government that spends its time and our resources trying to tell us how to live, do you?

Yeah..you may have a point..damn that Bloomberg and his nannyism.

And why stop with baby formula? Heck..redbull should be able to give out swag too. Why should a kid be stuck with formula when he could have the invigorating sports drinks that gives you wings. And man..that baby is crying! Why not slip it a Budweiser..or better yet a shot of Jack Daniels. And it just isn't fair to discriminate. Maybe Philip Morris could let baby have a smoke..you know..because nothing says flavor like a good Marlboro.

Tear down the Nanny walls!

:lol:

Sallow I am all for breast feeding and three very healthy children can say "Thanks Mom" because I also believed in "freestyle" where there were no set hours for hunger nor feeding.

BUT for crying out loud most women don't even bother getting their bodies nutrionally sound during pregnancy for the development of their babies in utero let alone get ready to breast feed.

It's not just a matter of plunking the kid on your tit.

Generally..hospitals can make that determination.

It's not up to corporations, who are only interested in profit, to decide.

When on earth did hospitals or hospital staff become God Almighty? Hospital staff have absolutely no idea what a patients former history of addiction might be for example. I'm not slagging hospital staff here. Reality check. That staff member is only interacting with that mother and child for a minute time period.

How the hell would "Sally" you know the nice nurse on the maternity ward who has never met you before or known any of your life or your capabilities to parent know whether or not you can breast feed successfully?

Holy toledo Sallow. You really are shocking me that you would think at any given point in time a "hospital" can make a determination on what method you feed your baby.

My god these antihumanists just clutch at straws, don't they?

Hospitals are no longer providing FREE ADVERTISING for a product they KNOW isn't as healthy for the baby OR the mother as breast feeding.

But in the tiny minds of our resident know-nothings this is an affront to the concept of FREEDOM.

Of course the hospitals FREEDOM to make its own policies based on good science?

THAT pisses them off because RUSH told them to be pissed off about it.

What an idiotic tirade. I'll put similac up against a crack addict mother's breast milk any day.

Because I lived during a time when I could make my choices freely, my son was not breastfed. I find it an odious and barbaric practice. This is just another indication of a government reaching into private lives and telling people what to do.

I won't answer your questions until you ask mine. Let's try again.

Do you know what the word "voluntary" means?

Yes. I do.

Your turn. What do you see as the job of government? Is it to tell us how to live?

The job of the NYC government is to do whatever it is the People of NYC decide it should do, within the constraints of the U.S. Constitution, the New York Constitution, and federal and state law.

Fix the fucking potholes! Stop mandating what other people do in their lives.

Well, thank you for answering clearly. This is definitely where we disagree. Government is created to protect our rights, not impose our will on others. I reject your conception of the purpose of government.

Sallow I am all for breast feeding and three very healthy children can say "Thanks Mom" because I also believed in "freestyle" where there were no set hours for hunger nor feeding.

BUT for crying out loud most women don't even bother getting their bodies nutrionally sound during pregnancy for the development of their babies in utero let alone get ready to breast feed.

It's not just a matter of plunking the kid on your tit.

When on earth did hospitals or hospital staff become God Almighty? Hospital staff have absolutely no idea what a patients former history of addiction might be for example. I'm not slagging hospital staff here. Reality check. That staff member is only interacting with that mother and child for a minute time period.

How the hell would "Sally" you know the nice nurse on the maternity ward who has never met you before or known any of your life or your capabilities to parent know whether or not you can breast feed successfully?

Holy toledo Sallow. You really are shocking me that you would think at any given point in time a "hospital" can make a determination on what method you feed your baby.

Yes..all the blood tests, urine tests and physicals give the Hospital no clue as to what a person's medical condition is..really.

So it should be up to our friendly corporate friends (they are people you know according to Romney) to make those determinations..because, gosh darn it..those evil hospital folks jest got school learnin'.

Well, thank you for answering clearly. This is definitely where we disagree. Government is created to protect our rights, not impose our will on others. I reject your conception of the purpose of government.

Ah cool. So you are in favor of doing away with traffic lights, local law, federal drug laws, and a plethora of regulations designed to keep the air clean, drugs safe and food edible.

Here's a nice place you might like to visit...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi_wZMYY_PM]Irtokte Gun market in Mogadishu, Somalia - YouTube[/ame]

Those people feel the same way.

My god these antihumanists just clutch at straws, don't they?

Hospitals are no longer providing FREE ADVERTISING for a product they KNOW isn't as healthy for the baby OR the mother as breast feeding.

But in the tiny minds of our resident know-nothings this is an affront to the concept of FREEDOM.

Of course the hospitals FREEDOM to make its own policies based on good science?

THAT pisses them off because RUSH told them to be pissed off about it.

What an idiotic tirade. I'll put similac up against a crack addict mother's breast milk any day.

Because I lived during a time when I could make my choices freely, my son was not breastfed. I find it an odious and barbaric practice. This is just another indication of a government reaching into private lives and telling people what to do.

I had the luxury in this day and age of running my own business and being able to take the time to prep for breast feeding and all the hell that would come with freestyle. My family has a lot of allergies; I'm blessed to have avoided them so part of my reasoning was to hopefully pass on my resistance.

A lot of women don't have the luxury of this. Not that I was wealthy. But because I ran my own business out of my home I was able to do this. Most women I knew were barely able to give birth and then had to go right back into the workplace because they didn't have the decent maternity leave rules that are now in place.

Because the government has the power to install traffic signals to regulate traffic on public streets, it also means that the government has the power to regulate what women do with their tits. Oh yes, makes perfect sense. Let's ban abortion and see how that works out.

Yes..all the blood tests, urine tests and physicals give the Hospital no clue as to what a person's medical condition is..really.

So it should be up to our friendly corporate friends (they are people you know according to Romney) to make those determinations..because, gosh darn it..those evil hospital folks jest got school learnin'.

Never once in labor or after birth were tests ever done on me. What on earth are you talking about?

Wow. Unbelievable. Hospitals don't make those decisions nor do "corporations". Mothers do.

You have very low opinion of women, eh?

So Jack Daniels and Philip Morris should be able to give out swag as well?

And if no..why not?

Jack Daniels and Phillip Morris are already regulated. Giving out baby centered gift baskets to new mothers is a help to the mothers and advertising to the companies. Without corporate "gifts" the holiday baskets would be impossible. Should Jack Daniels and Phillip Morris give out Christmas boxes to the poor? If not, why not?

Swag is given out targeted to those with an interest in the product, like baby stuff to new mothers. Like the swag bags handed out at the Oscars, Golden Globes, Emmys, and every other get together of those with a common interest.

This new rule goes further than swag. It prohiits the use of formula at all, except with a doctor's prescription as formula being medically necessary.

This new rule goes further than swag. It prohiits the use of formula at all, except with a doctor's prescription as formula being medically necessary.

Well, it is artificial and, as such, should be regulated when given to babies. The rule only applies to hospitals, which are subsidized with tax dollars, so there isn't really a "freedom" issue with respect to the general population at home.

? Stupid people live at hospitals?

Apparently..................It is NYers that cant manage a simple task as breast feeding without the government.

How does that even make sense? What they are doing is discouraging formula by not inundating the new mother with "freebies" from the formula companies. Nobody is being prevented from buying and using formula if that is their choice, it just won't be forced on them by the hospitals.

"forced on them" by this do you mean they don't have the choice to decline the gift? what a fucking moron you are.

Well, it is artificial and, as such, should be regulated when given to babies. The rule only applies to hospitals, which are subsidized with tax dollars, so there isn't really a "freedom" issue with respect to the general population at home.

An ideal argument of why hospitals should not perform abortions nor give out morning after pills to rape victims.

Forum List

Back