Bloomberg To Force Flu Vaccines For All NYC Children...

Except when you opt to take a chance, you're inflicting the same chance on the kids around you, who are too young to be immunized.

What a jackass.

Immunizations have been used in 3rd world countries by force to sterilize females. There was a great documentary on it, BBC I believe. A Bill Gates dream. I don't trust the state, the CDC or anyone to do right by me or my kid. I saw 5 year old go from normal Rain Man lite in 2 weeks after 1 of those, and you can show me all the data you like to say otherwise but I do not and will not trust that crap. I saw a virologist get SWAT teamed in LA for claiming that his company was going to release a virus in the Ukraine. 3 months later the virus, a version of H1N1 I believe, went epidemic in the Ukraine. Color me paranoid.

Except when you opt to take a chance, you're inflicting the same chance on the kids around you, who are too young to be immunized.

What a jackass.

Intimidation and Force is not the answer. We can't dominate and oppress our fellow Citizens just so we can feel better or safer. That's not what our Nation is about.

One other thing, KG....

According to the CDC's own figures, only 165 pediatric deaths related to "Flu-Like" symptoms were reported last year.

CDC - Children, the Flu, and the Flu Vaccine | Seasonal Influenza (Flu)

And I will guarantee you this.... If you look into it deep enough, I think you'll find that most of those kids had an underlying illness of one sort or another that weakened them.

Like, umm, AIDS, maybe? Or heart disease? Or cancer? Or other chronic respiratory and/or pulmonary conditions?

Oh..... How many kids in the US are there under the age of 18?

USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Try 75,000,000 (seventy-five Million).

Pretty good odds.

But I'm ignorant. Thanks, girl

You are ignorant.
"...researchers also found that otherwise healthy children were almost twice as likely to die before hospital admission as their high-risk counterparts (relative risk [RR], 1.9; 95% confidence interval [CI], 1.6 - 2.4) and were 1.6 times more likely to die within 3 days of symptom onset (95% CI, 1.3 - 2.0)."

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/813520
Yes, the odds are great for you. Not so great for kids.

Anyway, you guys are the reason measles are making a resurgence. It's great to be smug because you missed the bullet. Not so funny if you happen to have a child too young to vaccinate who is killed because the pig who bags groceries thinks immunizations are a conspiracy against freedom.

Morons.

Missed the bullet?

20 out of 75,000,000? You call that 'missing the bullet'?

A chance of 1 in 3,750,000

You're the one that's ignorant. Go ahead, subject your child to unnecessary vaccinations. Take your chances with him or her and get them the vaccinations if that's what you believe.

Me? I'll take my chances when combined with common sense.

If my child has a weakness, an illness or a disease that might endanger their life if they were to contract influenza, that would weigh heavily in my decision making.

And, BTW. People die from vaccinations.

All the time.

ALL the fucking time.

Flu Shot Induced Encephalopathy: Chandler Webb's Death Raises Vaccine Safety Questions - AGE OF AUTISM

6a00d8357f3f2969e2019b01a194a1970b-500wi

Dead from Flu Shot

Managing Editor's Note: Below is a sobering reminder that vaccination is a medical intervention, and not a mass market, dime store purchase.

<<snippage>"Another state health official late Friday offered a statement.

"'Our epidemiology staff have commented that although they have no evidence of a flu vaccine, or any other kind of vaccine, causing this type of reaction/outcome, they take these reports very seriously and they are thoroughly investigated by the (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention),' the statement read."

KLS-TV in Salt Lake said the same thing.

This was stunning information from health officials. Encephalopathy is indeed an accepted vaccine reaction. A quick online search of official websites shows it's true.

This is what is on the official HHS website. They say encephalopathy is a possible reaction to vaccination.

(2) Encephalopathy. For purposes of paragraph (a) of this section, a vaccine recipient shall be considered to have suffered an encephalopathy only if such recipient manifests, within the applicable period, an injury meeting the description below of an acute encephalopathy, and then a chronic encephalopathy persists in such person for more than 6 months beyond the date of vaccination.

(i) An acute encephalopathy is one that is sufficiently severe so as to require hospitalization (whether or not hospitalization occurred).

(A) For children less than 18 months of age who present without an associated seizure event, an acute encephalopathy is indicated by a significantly decreased level of consciousness lasting for at least 24 hours. Those children less than 18 months of age who present following a seizure shall be viewed as having an acute encephalopathy if their significantly decreased level of consciousness persists beyond 24 hours and cannot be attributed to a postictal state (seizure) or medication.

(B) For adults and children 18 months of age or older, an acute encephalopathy is one that persists for at least 24 hours and characterized by at least two of the following:

(1) A significant change in mental status that is not medication related; specifically a confusional state, or a delirium, or a psychosis;

(2) A significantly decreased level of consciousness, which is independent of a seizure and cannot be attributed to the effects of medication; and

(3) A seizure associated with loss of consciousness.

(C) Increased intracranial pressure may be a clinical feature of acute encephalopathy in any age group.

(D) A "significantly decreased level of consciousness" is indicated by the presence of at least one of the following clinical signs for at least 24 hours or greater (see paragraphs (b)(2)(i)(A) and (b)(2)(i)(B) of this section for applicable timeframes):

(1) Decreased or absent response to environment (responds, if at all, only to loud voice or painful stimuli);

(2) Decreased or absent eye contact (does not fix gaze upon family members or other individuals); or

(3) Inconsistent or absent responses to external stimuli (does not recognize familiar people or things).

(E) The following clinical features alone, or in combination, do not demonstrate an acute encephalopathy or a significant change in either mental status or level of consciousness as described above: Sleepiness, irritability (fussiness), high-pitched and unusual screaming, persistent inconsolable crying, and bulging fontanelle. Seizures in themselves are not sufficient to constitute a diagnosis of encephalopathy. In the absence of other evidence of an acute encephalopathy, seizures shall not be viewed as the first symptom or manifestation of the onset of an acute encephalopathy.

(ii) Chronic Encephalopathy occurs when a change in mental or neurologic status, first manifested during the applicable time period, persists for a period of at least 6 months from the date of vaccination. Individuals who return to a normal neurologic state after the acute encephalopathy shall not be presumed to have suffered residual neurologic damage from that event; any subsequent chronic encephalopathy shall not be presumed to be a sequela of the acute encephalopathy. If a preponderance of the evidence indicates that a child's chronic encephalopathy is secondary to genetic, prenatal or perinatal factors, that chronic encephalopathy shall not be considered to be a condition set forth in the Table.

This is from the FDA:

Neurological disorders temporally associated with influenza vaccination such as
209 encephalopathy, optic neuritis/neuropathy, partial facial paralysis, and brachial lexus
210 neuropathy have been reported. <snipped, too much to C&P>>

Last edited:
Influenza Disease and Vaccines - National Vaccine Information Center
National Vaccine Information Center ? Vaccine Watch Dog
As of November 2013, there have been more than 93,000 reports of reactions, hospitalizations, injuries and deaths following influenza vaccinations made to the ...

Influenza Disease and Vaccines - National Vaccine Information Center

Is Flu Vaccine Recommended for Children?

One consideration with the mass use of flu vaccine in healthy children is the removal of natural antibodies to flu which are obtained from natural infection. The question of whether it is better for healthy children, who rarely suffer complications from flu, to get the flu and develop permanent immunity to that flu strain or it is better for children to get vaccinated every year to try to suppress all flu infection in early childhood is a question that has yet to be adequately answered by medical science.

Although in the past the flu vaccine has not been recommended for healthy children, today vaccination of children between the ages of 6 months and 18 years is strongly recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) of the CDC and New Jersey now requires influenza vaccine for daycare and kindergarten entry.

But I'm ignorant. Right.

So what are the chances of dying of autism?

I think you're missing the bigger point. We shouldn't use force and intimidation on others just so we can feel better or safer. That just becomes such a Slippery Slope. It's all based on fear. It's why we're heading so quickly towards becoming a Police State. We shouldn't use Government as a weapon to oppress and force agendas on others.

So what are the chances of dying of autism?

I think you're missing the bigger point. We shouldn't use force and intimidation on others just so we can feel better or safer. That just becomes such a Slippery Slope. It's all based on fear. It's why we're heading so quickly towards becoming a Police State. We shouldn't use Government as a weapon to oppress and force agendas on others.

Even more than that, people choose to make their own decisions for what they feel are their own reasons.

How many children died from the Flu last year? I'm not sure we even know. I'm not sure the government even collects that data.

When my kids were young, I made a conscious decision to not have them vaccinated. My call, not the government's. Or yours. Mine

If the government wanted to declare me incompetent and take my children -- Go for it.

But I didn't eschew the vaccinations because of some religious belief, or because of some political (veganism) or mystical belief.

I refused them because I thought the odds of them doing more damage at that age were higher than them doing any good.

There IS a reason that the United States Government has a whole, entire network set up JUST to report reactions to Vaccines....

(Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System)
Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System

And why they have an official warning and advice there every year...

http://vaers.hhs.gov/resources/SeasonalFluSummary_2011-2012.pdf

During the 2010-11 influenza season, FDA and CDC detected an increase in the
number of reports to VAERS of febrile seizures following vaccination with trivalent
inactivated influenza vaccine (TIV) (flu shot) primarily in children younger than 2
years of age. No other safety concerns were identified. For more information on
this issue, see
http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/SafetyAvailability/VaccineSafety/ucm24
0037.htm and
CDC - QA about Febrile Seizures Following Childhood Vaccinations - Vaccine Safety

But you see...... I'm just ignorant :dunno:

Do what you will

No, it doesn't. It is done in times of epidemic, has been done forever. You're missing the point, which is that this is the one instance when martial law can, and should, be applied.

Nobody would give a shit if you are only affecting your own family. But this is not the case. As you know, your rights only extend to the point where you are violating the rights of others. And if you live among people and you refuse to take proper and reasonable precautions against the outbreak of disease, then your rights are going to be terminated until you comply.

That's the way it works. That's the way it always has worked. There are always nutty hold-outs against medical precautions, there are always a few who think they have the right to put others at risk because they believe whatever stupid things they believe (incorrectly) about the science of vaccination.

The long and short of it..you are wrong, and you don't have the right to be wrong if your wrongness has the potential to make other people sick. So get the fuck over it. There's no slippery slope. This isn't abortion, or sterilization, or gadget implantation. It's basic medicine.

The Tyee ? More Evidence Against Forced Flu Shots

Shots are safe? Questionable...

The veteran researcher also warns that claims flu shots are completely safe have been questioned by new research. Cassels points to a study by Dr. Danuta Skowronski of the B.C. Centre for Disease Control and colleagues that discovered increased rates of people contracting the pandemic H1N1 influenza in 2009 after they received regular flu shots, called the trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine (TIV).

Skowronski's study in the Oxford Journals states: "Specifically, outbreak investigation conducted during the early stages of the pandemic in a northern B.C. community identified that participants reporting pH1N1-related ILI during the period 1 April through 5 June 2009 were more than twice as likely to report having previously received seasonal influenza vaccine."

"Conclusions. An outbreak investigation in British Columbia during the late spring of 2009 provided the first indication of an unexpected association between receipt of TIV and pH1N1 illness. This led to five additional studies through the summer 2009 in Canada, each of which corroborated these initial findings."

While Skowronski outlines "several limitations to this study warranting cautious interpretation of the results," it nevertheless gives Cassels concern that the seasonal flu shot may be negatively affecting people's natural immunity to more serious illnesses like H1N1.

Cassels also refers to The National Vaccine Information Center, a U.S. non-profit organization that gives clear information about potential negative consequences from flu shots:

"Reported moderate reactions to influenza vaccine include fever, local reactions (pain, redness, swelling at the site of the injection), headache, fatigue, sore throat, nasal congestion, cough, joint and muscle pain, and nausea. Reported serious complications include brain inflammation, convulsions, Bell's palsy, limb paralysis, neuropathy, shock, wheezing/asthma and other breathing problems.

"Guillain Barre Syndrome (GBS) is a disabling neurological disorder that involves temporary or permanent paralysis that can lead to death and has been causally related to influenza vaccinations.

"As of Nov. 2013, there have been more than 93,000 reports of reactions, hospitalizations, injuries and deaths following influenza vaccinations made to the federal Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS), including 1,080 related deaths, 8,888 hospitalizations, 1,801 related disabilities and over 1,700 cases of GBS."

But I'm ignorant....... :lol:

105 children died of complications of influenza.

We do know.

"The number of influenza-associated pediatric deaths reported to CDC during the current season surpassed 100 this week as an additional 6 deaths were reported in FluView. This brings the total number of influenza-associated pediatric deaths reported to CDC, to date, to 105 for the 2012-2013 season."

I already posted this.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/spotlights/children-flu-deaths.htm

No, it doesn't. It is done in times of epidemic, has been done forever. You're missing the point, which is that this is the one instance when martial law can, and should, be applied.

Nobody would give a shit if you are only affecting your own family. But this is not the case. As you know, your rights only extend to the point where you are violating the rights of others. And if you live among people and you refuse to take proper and reasonable precautions against the outbreak of disease, then your rights are going to be terminated until you comply.

That's the way it works. That's the way it always has worked. There are always nutty hold-outs against medical precautions, there are always a few who think they have the right to put others at risk because they believe whatever stupid things they believe (incorrectly) about the science of vaccination.

The long and short of it..you are wrong, and you don't have the right to be wrong if your wrongness has the potential to make other people sick. So get the fuck over it. There's no slippery slope. This isn't abortion, or sterilization, or gadget implantation. It's basic medicine.

Are you suggesting that anyone who has the flu be forced to stay home in order to protect those that may be infected should he/she decide to go to work or shop?

What about people that have a cold? After all colds can lead to pneumonia and other infections. Should they be forced to stay home?

That's right, it's not smallpox or rubella...THOSE viral outbreaks have been stopped because of VACCINATION.

So you are alot more likely to die of influenza these days, particularly if you are a child...than you are likely to die of smallpox, rubella, or GB.

And yes, you are ignorant. This sort of garbage perpetuated by loons who think their kids won't die of influenza because it's just a little worse than a cold, is the reason you are ignorant. Expand your horizons. Talk to health care workers. Not politicians and *journalists*.

Are you suggesting that anyone who has the flu be forced to stay home in order to protect those that may be infected should he/she decide to go to work or shop?

What about people that have a cold? After all colds can lead to pneumonia and other infections. Should they be forced to stay home?

Nope, I didn't say that. Anything else?

105 children died of complications of influenza.

We do know.

"The number of influenza-associated pediatric deaths reported to CDC during the current season surpassed 100 this week as an additional 6 deaths were reported in FluView. This brings the total number of influenza-associated pediatric deaths reported to CDC, to date, to 105 for the 2012-2013 season."

I already posted this.

CDC - CDC Reports About 90 Percent of Children Who Died From Flu This Season Not Vaccinated | News and Spotlights | Influenza (Flu)

I'd argue that more children died from unintentional drowning than died from the flu.

Getting a little shrill, huh KG?

Consider this...... Had the Medical Field kept up with Engineering, we'd be living to age 200, be able to jump 30 feet in the air, run at speeds in excess of 80MPH and be sexually active until the day before we die.

Medicine is still not out of the Dark Ages. No way. It just isn't. Pisses you off? Tough. Deal with it.

I'm surprised the CDC isn't still recommending leeches and the occasional bleeding as remedies.

I am not going to vaccinate my kid under the age of 5 until and unless given a strong reason.

While Neitzsche is far from my favo-flav philosopher, he had a point.

The rest of you....? Do what you want. It's your call. I'm not giving advice, I'm not trying to tell you what to do. For me, for my kids, I did what I thought was best.

Nope, I didn't say that. Anything else?

Let's see, you wouldn't mind seeing martial law applied to get everyone vaccinated but you have no problem with an infected person walking around freely.

Am I understanding you right?

Isn't a person walking around with the flu putting everyone else around them at risk?

Good grief.

Anyway, get your flu shots. They don't cause the flu, they don't cure world hunger, they are not some sort of conspiracy to implant your children with little spaceships manned by tiny shrunken scientists or to make you vote Democrat. Influenza is a terribly dangerous disease, there are many strains of it, and you should vaccinate against the ones you can, to protect those among us who are most vulnerable and who can't necessarily be vaccinated...young children.

Typhoid Mary is certainly considered a thoughtful and considerate person, I know.....

After all, she wasn't sick! Why should she care about the other people?

Typhoid Mary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"
Mary Mallon (September 23, 1869 &#8211; November 11, 1938), better known as Typhoid Mary, was the first person in the United States identified as an asymptomatic carrier of the pathogen associated with typhoid fever. She was presumed to have infected some 50 people, three of whom died, over the course of her career as a cook.[1] She was forcibly isolated twice by public health authorities and died after a total of nearly three decades in isolation."

Was the government overthrown as a result, I wonder?

Oh, wait. No. It wasn't.

Forum List

Back