Bloomberg’s nannyism: It’s come to this

Apparently..................It is NYers that cant manage a simple task as breast feeding without the government.

How does that even make sense? What they are doing is discouraging formula by not inundating the new mother with "freebies" from the formula companies. Nobody is being prevented from buying and using formula if that is their choice, it just won't be forced on them by the hospitals.

"forced on them" by this do you mean they don't have the choice to decline the gift? what a fucking moron you are.

There is more than formula in those gifts. Anyone could just throw the formula away, or feed it to the cat. Keep the rest.

This is designed to force women to breastfeed whether they want to or not. That is the only thing it is designed to do. It is part of the third-worldism of the country.

Apparently..................It is NYers that cant manage a simple task as breast feeding without the government.

How does that even make sense? What they are doing is discouraging formula by not inundating the new mother with "freebies" from the formula companies. Nobody is being prevented from buying and using formula if that is their choice, it just won't be forced on them by the hospitals.

"forced on them" by this do you mean they don't have the choice to decline the gift? what a fucking moron you are.

The word never seemed to bother you when we're "forced" to pay for freeloaders who can afford health insurance but refuse to get it, hypocrite.

This new rule goes further than swag. It prohiits the use of formula at all, except with a doctor's prescription as formula being medically necessary.

Well, it is artificial and, as such, should be regulated when given to babies. The rule only applies to hospitals, which are subsidized with tax dollars, so there isn't really a "freedom" issue with respect to the general population at home.

Wow. You are one fucked up human being. I'm wanting to neg you for this most unreal left wing mother fucking post.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about and with this post you are a menace to society.

When you now say that a woman uses a hospital for a birth facility and then your tax dollars gets to determine how she feeds her child well hell's bells get ready for the shit that we can unload on abortion clinics.

Be very careful what you ask for.:D

ETA: sorries but you begged for neg with that post. you forced my hand.

Last edited:
This new rule goes further than swag. It prohiits the use of formula at all, except with a doctor's prescription as formula being medically necessary.

Well, it is artificial and, as such, should be regulated when given to babies. The rule only applies to hospitals, which are subsidized with tax dollars, so there isn't really a "freedom" issue with respect to the general population at home.

Wow. You are one fucked up human being. I'm want to neg you for this most unreal left wing mother fucking post.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about and with this post you are a menace to society.

When you now say that a woman uses a hospital for a birth facility and then your tax dollars gets to determine how she feeds her child well hell's bells get ready for the shit that we can unload on abortion clinics.

Many women don't get tax subsidized hospital stays but paid for with private health insurance.

Wow. You are one fucked up human being. I'm wanting to neg you for this most unreal left wing mother fucking post.

ETA: sorries but you begged for neg with that post. you forced my hand.

Thanks, then I've done my job. It's the last resort of the truly clueless that when they lose an argument, they go crying to mommy. :D

The word never seemed to bother you when we're "forced" to pay for freeloaders who can afford health insurance but refuse to get it, hypocrite.

I'm forced to pay taxes while 50% of you freeloaders don't. Fucking HYPOCRITE>

Next election the people of New York will be able to vote in someone who will undo Bloomberg's damage, like we can vote for a president to undo obama's damage.

What's the difference between one group of freeloaders and another? :eusa_eh:

Your group is still freeloading. The group that could afford health insurance is now forced to buy it. Now when will we force 100% of the fucking freeloaders to pay their fucking taxes?

It's not the freeloaders who bother me. It's those who build systems that facilitate "freeloading". "Freeloaders" are generally just people making the best out of their situation. As long as they're following the rules, I've got no beef with them. It's the people making the rules who are responsible for whatever injustices occur, and it is they who are deserving of our scorn.

Last edited:

It's not the freeloaders who bother me. It's those who build systems that facilitate "freeloading". "Freeloaders" are generally just people making the best out of their situation. As long as they're following the rules, I've got no beef with them. It's the people making the rules who are responsible for whatever injustices occur and it is they who are deserving of our scorn.

hey when freeloaders own 20 high dollar cell phones at your expense you should get a little pissed.

It's not the freeloaders who bother me. It's those who build systems that facilitate "freeloading". "Freeloaders" are generally just people making the best out of their situation. As long as they're following the rules, I've got no beef with them. It's the people making the rules who are responsible for whatever injustices occur and it is they who are deserving of our scorn.

hey when freeloaders own 20 high dollar cell phones at your expense you should get a little pissed.

Well sure, but why get pissed at them?

As far as I see it, when our leaders create a fucked up game for us to play - we'd be fools to play to lose. If the rules suck, we should definitely change them. But spitting and sneering at people who are, usually, on the shitty end of things already is just small. And doesn't do squat to solve the problem.

As far as I see it, when our leaders create a fucked up game for us to play - we'd be fools to play to lose. If the rules suck, we should definitely change them. But spitting and sneering at people who are, usually, on the shitty end of things already is just small. And doesn't do squat to solve the problem.

I get pissed at them because they broke the rules and got 20 high dollar phones at my expense. They are parasites who game the system.

I get pissed at them because they broke the rules and got 20 high dollar phones at my expense. They are parasites who game the system.

I wasn't referring to lawbreakers. If they're breaking the rules - bust them.

Usually all the whining about 'freeloaders' isn't aimed at cheats, but rather those who are smart enough to use stupid laws and systems to their advantage. I say "more power to them".

Last edited:
Because the government has the power to install traffic signals to regulate traffic on public streets, it also means that the government has the power to regulate what women do with their tits. Oh yes, makes perfect sense. Let's ban abortion and see how that works out.

No one is regulating what women do with their tits.

You guys and your conflation are funnah.

All women are going to be forced to breastfeed. It might make sense to say that women on the dole should be forced to breastfeed so the hospital won't spend money on formula, but it's all women.

Wow. Unbelievable. Hospitals don't make those decisions nor do "corporations". Mothers do.

You have very low opinion of women, eh?

So Jack Daniels and Philip Morris should be able to give out swag as well?

And if no..why not?

Jack Daniels and Phillip Morris are already regulated. Giving out baby centered gift baskets to new mothers is a help to the mothers and advertising to the companies. Without corporate "gifts" the holiday baskets would be impossible. Should Jack Daniels and Phillip Morris give out Christmas boxes to the poor? If not, why not?

Swag is given out targeted to those with an interest in the product, like baby stuff to new mothers. Like the swag bags handed out at the Oscars, Golden Globes, Emmys, and every other get together of those with a common interest.

Why should they be regulated?

Relax, I qualify for one of those free phones not because of income, but because of foster children.

No I am not getting the phone for the teenager. They will have to make do with the land line. If a fight occurs over phone time then I install a pay phone.

Yes I am that guy...........

The nanny state is going after moms.

Mayor Bloomberg is pushing hospitals to hide their baby formula behind locked doors so more new mothers will breast-feed.

Starting Sept. 3, the city will keep tabs on the number of bottles that participating hospitals stock and use — the most restrictive pro-breast-milk program in the nation.

Under the city Health Department’s voluntary Latch On NYC initiative, 27 of the city’s 40 hospitals have also agreed to give up swag bags sporting formula-company logos, toss out formula-branded tchotchkes like lanyards and mugs, and document a medical reason for every bottle that a newborn receives.

Read more: Mayor Bloomberg pushing NYC hospitals to hide baby formula so more new mothers will breast-feed - NYPOST.com

They need a "medical reason" to use a bottle? How about "none of your fucking business"? I would ask them to write that down on my chart.

How did this clown get re-elected?
Clearly you should be allowed to feed your newborn anything you like. In Mexico Coca-cola is a favorite.

Don't wanna play by hospital rules get a fucking midwife.

Not that bright huh? We had to use bottles because my wife had trouble with the kids latching on. We where worried they where not getting enough food when she tried.

Bloomberg can go fuck himself.

So Jack Daniels and Philip Morris should be able to give out swag as well?

And if no..why not?

Jack Daniels and Phillip Morris are already regulated. Giving out baby centered gift baskets to new mothers is a help to the mothers and advertising to the companies. Without corporate "gifts" the holiday baskets would be impossible. Should Jack Daniels and Phillip Morris give out Christmas boxes to the poor? If not, why not?

Swag is given out targeted to those with an interest in the product, like baby stuff to new mothers. Like the swag bags handed out at the Oscars, Golden Globes, Emmys, and every other get together of those with a common interest.

Why should they be regulated?

Good question.

Forum List

Back