Bloomberg’s nannyism: It’s come to this

There's a sweet irony in this.

The very same people who accuse Republicans of wanting to control a woman's vagina now want to control our breasts.

Unreal. The hypocrisy is just unreal. :lol:

Yeah..you may have a point..damn that Bloomberg and his nannyism.

And why stop with baby formula? Heck..redbull should be able to give out swag too. Why should a kid be stuck with formula when he could have the invigorating sports drinks that gives you wings. And man..that baby is crying! Why not slip it a Budweiser..or better yet a shot of Jack Daniels. And it just isn't fair to discriminate. Maybe Philip Morris could let baby have a smoke..you know..because nothing says flavor like a good Marlboro.

Tear down the Nanny walls!

:lol:

With all due respect, you are assuming the mother is living a healthy lifestyle. What if the mother is a crack addict or alcoholic?

That would be a medical reason wouldn't it?

Women hide those conditions. There are too many factors at play here. I hugely support and recommend breast feeding for those that can and want to.

But this is nanny state gone wild. What next? Charge mothers with abuse because they can't or won't breast feed?

My god these antihumanists just clutch at straws, don't they?

Hospitals are no longer providing FREE ADVERTISING for a product they KNOW isn't as healthy for the baby OR the mother as breast feeding.

But in the tiny minds of our resident know-nothings this is an affront to the concept of FREEDOM.

Of course the hospitals FREEDOM to make its own policies based on good science?

THAT pisses them off because RUSH told them to be pissed off about it.

With all due respect, you are assuming the mother is living a healthy lifestyle. What if the mother is a crack addict or alcoholic?

That would be a medical reason wouldn't it?

Women hide those conditions. There are too many factors at play here. I hugely support and recommend breast feeding for those that can and want to.

But this is nanny state gone wild. What next? Charge mothers with abuse because they can't or won't breast feed?

So the people of NYC aren't allowed to regulate hospitals in NYC - because crackheads who give birth hide being crackheads?

Is that your position?

How does that even make sense? What they are doing is discouraging formula by not inundating the new mother with "freebies" from the formula companies. Nobody is being prevented from buying and using formula if that is their choice, it just won't be forced on them by the hospitals.

I dont care about the freebees.

Being told what I will or wont do doesnt sit well with me.

But there are those that can not think without the government keeping them safe from themselves.

Then it's a good thing that isn't happening here. Try following the issue without a Rush Limbaugh knee jerk reaction.

Nobody is banning formula from being used. They are encouraging breast feeding, not keeping people from other methods of sustenance.

Not banned just locked up.

Maybe you should try to not give us a knee jerk reaction..........

The very same people who accuse Republicans of wanting to control a woman's vagina now want to control our breasts.

And why stop with baby formula? Heck..redbull should be able to give out swag too. Why should a kid be stuck with formula when he could have the invigorating sports drinks that gives you wings. And man..that baby is crying! Why not slip it a Budweiser..or better yet a shot of Jack Daniels. And it just isn't fair to discriminate. Maybe Philip Morris could let baby have a smoke..you know..because nothing says flavor like a good Marlboro.

Sallow I am all for breast feeding and three very healthy children can say "Thanks Mom" because I also believed in "freestyle" where there were no set hours for hunger nor feeding.

BUT for crying out loud most women don't even bother getting their bodies nutrionally sound during pregnancy for the development of their babies in utero let alone get ready to breast feed.

It's not just a matter of plunking the kid on your tit.

Under the city Health Department’s voluntary Latch On NYC initiative, 27 of the city’s 40 hospitals have also agreed to give up swag bags sporting formula-company logos, toss out formula-branded tchotchkes like lanyards and mugs, and document a medical reason for every bottle that a newborn receives.

Read more: Mayor Bloomberg pushing NYC hospitals to hide baby formula so more new mothers will breast-feed - NYPOST.com

Hey, do you MORONS know what the word "VOLUNTARY" means? You fuckers have got to be the biggest bunch of imbeciles I've ever seen.

END THREAD

Last edited:
There are very few "medically necessary" reasons not to breastfeed.

There are very few medical reasons why a mother shouldn't breast-feed, according to Lawrence.

A few viruses can pass through breast milk, however. HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, is one of them. Women who are HIV positive should not breast-feed.

A few other illnesses--such as herpes, hepatitis, and beta streptococcus infections--can also be transmitted through breast milk. But that doesn't always mean a mother with those diseases shouldn't breast-feed, Lawrence says.

"Each case must be evaluated on an individual basis with the woman's doctor," she says.

Breast Milk or Formula: Making the Right Choice for Your Baby

Sore or cracked nipples? Suck it up.
Sleep deprivation? Tough shit.
Going back to work? TFB
Older siblings that need mom's attention? Eff them.

None of those LEGITIMATE reasons are "medically necessary".

My god these antihumanists just clutch at straws, don't they?

Hospitals are no longer providing FREE ADVERTISING for a product they KNOW isn't as healthy for the baby OR the mother as breast feeding.

But in the tiny minds of our resident know-nothings this is an affront to the concept of FREEDOM.

Of course the hospitals FREEDOM to make its own policies based on good science?

THAT pisses them off because RUSH told them to be pissed off about it.

What an idiotic tirade. I'll put similac up against a crack addict mother's breast milk any day.

Under the city Health Department’s voluntary Latch On NYC initiative, 27 of the city’s 40 hospitals have also agreed to give up swag bags sporting formula-company logos, toss out formula-branded tchotchkes like lanyards and mugs, and document a medical reason for every bottle that a newborn receives.

Read more: Mayor Bloomberg pushing NYC hospitals to hide baby formula so more new mothers will breast-feed - NYPOST.com
Hey, do you MORONS know what the word "VOLUNTARY" means? You fuckers have got to be the biggest bunch of imbeciles I've ever seen.

Do you know what the word "government" means? How about "taxes"? Anything voluntary about those??

Let me ask you directly, as you seem to be one of the people most jazzed about nanny-state authoritarianism. What do you think the job of government is? What's the point of having a government, in your view? I'm honestly curious, because it seems to have no bounds. For some of you, it seems the government is the be-all, end-all of human society.

Is it there to tell us how to live? To tell us how feed our children? How to pay for our health care? etc, etc, etc??

Sallow I am all for breast feeding and three very healthy children can say "Thanks Mom" because I also believed in "freestyle" where there were no set hours for hunger nor feeding.

BUT for crying out loud most women don't even bother getting their bodies nutrionally sound during pregnancy for the development of their babies in utero let alone get ready to breast feed.

It's not just a matter of plunking the kid on your tit.

Generally..hospitals can make that determination.

It's not up to corporations, who are only interested in profit, to decide.

Do you know what the word "government" means? How about "taxes"? Anything voluntary about those??

Let me ask you directly, as you seem to be one of the people most jazzed about nanny-state authoritarianism. What do you think the job of government is? What's the point of having a government, in your view? I'm honestly curious, because it seems to have no bounds. For some of you, it seems the government is the be-all, end-all of human society.

Is it there to tell us how to live? To tell us how feed our children? How to pay for our health care? etc, etc, etc??

What's your problem with taxes?

END THREAD

Document a medical reason for every bottle that a newborn receives.

There's the little nugget that you seem to have missed. The agenda is clearly stated right there.

END THREAD

Voluntary for who with the formula locked up.

I won't answer your questions until you ask mine. Let's try again.

Do you know what the word "voluntary" means?

How voluntary is it if use of formula has to be medically documented? For his next act, Bloomberg will ban the sale of formula.

Bloomberg is insane, he's as crazy as Jim Holmes. Is someone putting lead in his water. Doesn't think kind of shoot down "my body my choice" as he wants the government to take the decision of whether or not to breastfeed away from women?

END THREAD

Voluntary for who with the formula locked up.

Its VOLUNTARY for a hospital to participate in this program you fucking moron. My lord you and your ilk are so incredible moronic, its so very very sad.

Yes. I do.

Your turn. What do you see as the job of government? Is it to tell us how to live?

how voluntary is it if use of formula has to be medically documented? For his next act, bloomberg will ban the sale of formula.

Bloomberg is insane, he's as crazy as jim holmes. Is someone putting lead in his water. Doesn't think kind of shoot down "my body my choice" as he wants the government to take the decision of whether or not to breastfeed away from women?

it only has to be documented by hospitals that participate in this voluntary program. Please stop being such a retard, you're giving the mentally challenged a bad name!

It means that mothers should be able to decide for themselves instead of having to ask a doctor to write a prescription.

Forum List

Back