Bavaria and gender language

Are you talking about the fact that German is a grammatically gendered language?

gendering in german is a 10000 times more complicated than in english

you know what gendering is?
Yes, like French, all German nouns have a grammatical gender. Masculine or feminine. Plus, I believe German has a “neuter” class as well.

English only has this with a very specific set of words that exclusively refer to people. Actor vs actress, for example.

In German and French all nouns have a gender, and it has nothing to do with the word itself in most cases.

Are they de-gendering just words that pertain to people? (freund vs freundin, for example)

Or are they degendering even regular noun/objects?

How could anyone possibly be offended the word for door being “feminine” or the word for apple being “masculine”?

Many- if not most- languages have grammatical gender. Who cares?

from today on, the use of gender language is now verboten in schools, universities, authorities ,,,

how do you find this?

First of all you always have to be corrected in your unexcact ways to express something because you do not share the German value "accuracy". Only in Bavarian administrative bodies and in schools the use of "gender-language" is not allowed any longer.

Reasons: Gender "language" is partially not speakable at all - so it is not really a language,. And "gender language" is an international trend how to express oneselve in most modern forms - so it is also from this point of view no language but more a kind of fashion. And the use of gender language is often nothing else than wrong. For example exists the word "gender" not in the German nor in Bavarian languages and dialects. But gender "language" is also in the details of our language often only totally wrong.

For example I could write a fairytale where the color blue (=blau) will become a person with the name "Blau" and a magic dwarf could make this color to a young girl (In a German word this would be "Blauine"). Simple sentence: "Die Blauine kommt aus dem Wald." English AI-translation of this sentence : "The blueline comes from the forest." - what's nonsense - "The personalized female blue comes from the forest." would ba a correct translation. But I could also make a young boy out of this color and call him"Blauerix." - ah sorry: French version. I thought of Majestix and his wife Gute Mine now. The German version would be "Blauerich". Test sentence "Der Blauerich kommt aus dem Wald". English AI-translation: "The blue oak comes from the forest." - A new nonsense for the sentence: "The personalized male blue comes from the forest." - what would anyway need a much more poetic transfer from the German language into the English language.

So: And now do this discussion in a Kindergarten or primary school (3 years -10/12 years) where are spoken in average in every class 6 different languages while the kindergarten teachers speak in average only 3 languages. And now imagine how difficult such "language" problems are solvable from a judge in case of conflicts - and what a totally normal human being should know about genetics and biology in all this contextes to be able to use all this expression correctly. And imagine how many millions of totally wasted hours of manpower - ah sorry "womanpower and manpower" - it needs to write all this down.

Thanks Bavaria. I love you. All Bavariaixe and Bavariainen and all who do not know what kind of Bavarians they are.

This had been a version for German tourists - and now a version for Bavarians:

Last edited:
Are you talking about the fact that German is a grammatically gendered language?

It exists by the way a very wide spread mistake in this context. Indeed we have not 3 but 4 "genders" (=articles) in our language: male, female, neuter and none. For example all names for countries have no "sex" at all (=no article at all) .

So is everyone just going to be called asshole? Or whatever that is in German?

The German word for asshole is "Arschloch". With article it is "das Arschloch". In a female form you had to say "die Arschschlöchin" - what means in this context you will bring the real sex of this female person into language. This could make sense. If you will call your boss "Sir asshole" for example then this might hurt your boss more than only to call him "asshole". I guess it could also exist forms like "she asshole" or so when you like to hurt a woman. In case of male Germans you call them just simple also "Arschloch" - because it is somehow clear that all assholes are male and never someone would call a lady "asshole". But if you would like to bring the real sex into the game (as it was with the female word "die Arschlöchin") you had to say "der Arschlocherich" - but this correct form to make something "male" (in sense of the real sex of the person) is meanwhile not in use any longer. It sounds ridiculous to say it like that.

If you understood what I said here then "welcome in the club". Try to learn a foreign language. If you not unberstood: Don't worry. Also most Germans do not understand the own language. Also not in case someone is a linguist in an university.

Last edited:
So tell us

Gendering - an English word in German use - means to accept "lgbtq". Very very short: It means to accept that people have more kinds to express their sexuality. Simple exampole: When someone looks for a job he will always find the three letters "m/w/d" after the expressions of the job. This three letters mean male/female/diverse. The problem: It exist only two sexes: male and female. The "d" is a very complex world of different biological, sociological and psychological phenomenons. The idea behind such laws is it to eliminate a lack of respect for other people.

I personally do not see any sense to punish people who forgot this three letters. Specially to say it is a lack of respect to forget to say this three letters makes not any sense in my form to think. A totally superflous law.

if you put these words into google, you will find many articles.

Another bad habit from you. You are not able to expect from someone who is not speaking German to understand why you are too lazy to explain what you try to speak about. If you do not know Germany - whoelse should? Or are you no German? Germany is the most unknown country of the world for the people in the English speaking world because since more than hundred years they think only in prejudices about Germany.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back