Barack Hussein Obama

Better attention to veterans.

Out of Iraq, downsizing Afghanistan, leading from the rear in Libya and Egypt, killing terrorist leadership.

Evolving leadership in civilian and military matters in gay affairs.

I fully understand people can have their opinions about what Obama has done but I’m at a loss with a few of the points people are making.

We have covered that Obama in fact tried to stay in Iraq, he was kicked out and literality only followed Bush’s timetable. As far as I know Obama expanded Afghanistan, and there is no such thing as “leading from behind” when you start the wars, not to mention the UN does not overrule the US constitution. Obama provided intell, money, weapons, bombing and so on with Libya, there was no leading from behind. The us is the UN, the UN is the US's way to start wars without following the constitution.

I guess I could give you that Obama killed big heads in the war on terror, but he certainly didn’t do that by getting out of Iraq and shrinking the US role in Afghanistan…

Aside from "He's not Romney" What do you seriously believe that he has brought to the Office of the President. Name what he has done that has actually helped America.

Specifics would be greatly appreciated....

It's never been 'he's not Romney.' He IS the President, I voted for him and I will vote for him again, based on his many accomplishments with regard to the men and women of the armed forces and his support thereof, repeal of DADT, support of SSM, The American Jobs Act (so what if it got killed by the Republicans), the ACA, his constant vigilance to help the least among us (poverty-stricken, elderly and infirm.)

I'm not seeing much feedback on my points.

The best thing the Obama administration is good at is propaganda and speaking to emotionally immature people on their level.

Because I am essentially conservative, and I believe that the economic strategy of the USA will be better served by Romney than Obama.

Romney is not against regulation, simply for smart regulation.

Romney, as a Mormon (traditionally non-confrontational when possible), will lead from the rear where possible in foreign affairs. Iran may be a real exception where he may be very, very pro-active. He will be for a strong defense but does not think a US defense budget larger than the next 26 nations' budgets is necessary. He will make some solid cuts in it.

He will be able to work with the Dems in the Senate (if they keep it this fall) and has absolutely no fear of the McConnels and more conservative GOP senators. He will cut some reform in SS (no privatization, though he wants it), and I would not be surprised if he tries some expansion of Medicaid in lieu of ACA.

Better balance over all without disrupting the nation.

Better attention to veterans.

Out of Iraq, downsizing Afghanistan, leading from the rear in Libya and Egypt, killing terrorist leadership.

Evolving leadership in civilian and military matters in gay affairs.

So why aren't you voting for him?

16. Experienced

17. Only Jackie Robinson was able to shoulder the vile comments of racist bores and hold composure better than our President.

Experienced..????

At what, being a community organizor?

And give me a break on the race BS.... That is a myth perpetrated by Dems :eusa_hand:

The best thing the Obama administration is good at is propaganda and speaking to emotionally immature people on their level.

And the Republican propaganda machine is best at distorting facts and scaring people who are already scared of the bogeyman.

Smart people would avoid both like the plague and try to develop the ability to think independently and a little cynically about them.

Last edited:
Aside from "He's not Romney" What do you seriously believe that he has brought to the Office of the President. Name what he has done that has actually helped America.

It's never been 'he's not Romney.' He IS the President, I voted for him and I will vote for him again, based on his many accomplishments with regard to the men and women of the armed forces and his support thereof, repeal of DADT, support of SSM, The American Jobs Act (so what if it got killed by the Republicans), the ACA, his constant vigilance to help the least among us (poverty-stricken, elderly and infirm.)

Allowing sexual perverts to come out of the closet in the military is not what many Americans consider an "accomplishment". Many see it as just another attack on traditional American values that Romney will have to bring back.

And the Republican propaganda machine is best at distorting facts and scaring people who are already scared of the bogeyman.

Smart people would avoid both like the plague and form their own thoughts.

Obama took half a trillion out of medicare right when the baby boomers are retiring. I don't need to scare anyone.

Obama took half a trillion out of medicare right when the baby boomers are retiring. I don't need to scare anyone.

The baby boomers voted themselves an unprecedented level of benefits, and they did it on their kids' dime. They are the first American generation to enrich themselves by borrowing from their kids. It's unconscionable. Medicare needs to be revamped to fee for service, and a sliding income scale.

Infidel, you are wrong. We have a lot of racism in the GOP, particularly in my area of the South.

That does not mean the Dems are free of it, not by a long shot.

16. Experienced

17. Only Jackie Robinson was able to shoulder the vile comments of racist bores and hold composure better than our President.

Experienced..????

And give me a break on the race BS.... That is a myth perpetrated by Dems :eusa_hand:

The worst thing about Obama is the embarrassing image of the presidency as an office of blame gaming he has created in our youth.

Remember back when the word "inheritance" never made it into our political discourse?

The baby boomers voted themselves an unprecedented level of benefits, and they did it on their kids' dime. They are the first American generation to enrich themselves by borrowing from their kids. It's unconscionable. Medicare needs to be revamped to fee for service, and a sliding income scale.

No, that's not correct. This President and his congress passed a massive tax called Obamacare and they needed more money to fund it. That's what happened.

Infidel, you are wrong. We have a lot of racism in the GOP, particularly in my area of the South.

16. Experienced

Experienced..????

We never had a President who used race for political gain until this President.

Ok... Its your turn.

The accomplishments you listed have done nothing good in my opinion.
Repealing DADT... How is that beneficial to MOST Americans?

His support of SSM... What exactly has he changed legislatively for "gays"?

The American Jobs Act, so what if it got killed by the Republicans?
What good would it have done?

We have NO IDEA what good the ACA will do... it is not in full affect till 2014, and I wonder why that is.... :eusa_think:

Im sorry BD, but I just dont see how Obama has "helped" America as a country.
Sure he is carrying out the liberal agenda, and attempting to "fundamentally change America", but what good is he doing for us as a whole?

16. Experienced

Experienced..????

Well I live in the South and the only racism I have seen on a large scale is from the black community.
I have only came across a couple of typical redneck racists... and they are idiots to begin with.

Not saying it is not a problem on both sides, but to the extent it is claimed.... no way.

To be honest, they are not very good points.

Obama is a welfare President, it's very hard to attack a welfare President because "they care." You actually have to understand the blowback of welfare, when you understand that the ACA, stimulus, bailouts and so on simply buy votes while destroying middle class wealth then it's near impossible to like Obama, or Bush.

Obama’s challenges were not to push HC or start more wars… Obama’s challenge of the time he was President was to get spending under control, to work on the economy and make the hard choices. This is what Obama ran off of but then became the most stereotypical President in US history. I honestly am not sure Obama made a single hard choice in his whole Presidency, and by hard choice I mean did something politically unpopular to solve a real problem.

Near every single “politically unpopular” position Obama has taken was to secure future votes by providing some form of welfare. Obama has been very predictable once he showed what his real goals were. Obama ran on cutting and less spending, look back at his speeches and interviews if you don’t believe me… What Obama has done is expand the Neoconservative policies merging them seamlessly with the Progressive policies of the left.

I keep saying it, the country needed a Harding but got and FDR… This is what it was really like in the FDR depression, excuse after excuse why spending and programs didn’t solve anything.

Of course we have. Just a few:

The GOP through the late 1860s right up to 1876 ran campaigns based on the black enfranchised vote in the South to deny the democrats majorities in those states.

Samuel Tilden and the dems in the south and the midwest through the 1870s and the 1880s. The dems in the south at the state level for more than a century after the Civil War.

The Dixiecrats of 1948 were infuriated with President Truman's enforcement of integration in the Armed Forces and ran Strom Thurmond on a racist platform, which won a number of states.

Nixon's Southern Strategy in 1968 was designed to pull former dems upset with their party's support of federally-enforced era of civil rights, a brilliant move politically which has transformed the South.

Experienced..????

We never had a President who used race for political gain until this President.

No, that's not correct. This President and his congress passed a massive tax called Obamacare and they needed more money to fund it. That's what happened.

Have you been in an Emergency Room recently? I have, 3 times in the past year (my son has had athletic injuries). It's hell. The system is broken. if the tax requires people to get insurance and stop clogging the ER to get free treatment that is non-emergency, good.

I'm already paying for deadbeats to obtain treatment (via inflated ER costs, which in turn affects the costs of my health insurance). If that cost is shifted to the deadbeats, I win.

Last edited:
West Florida to East Texas, race and racism plays a major role in local politics. Now, a Latinos grow in numbers, they entering the realm of voting based on color.

This is a simple fact. It happens, happens in both parties all the time, and sometimes is a major factor.

Experienced..????

Well I live in the South and the only racism I have seen on a large scale is from the black community.
I have only came across a couple of typical redneck racists... and they are idiots to begin with.

Not saying it is not a problem on both sides, but to the extent it is claimed.... no way.

Forum List

Back