Barack Hussein Obama

Repealing DADT... How is that beneficial to MOST Americans?

We stop flushing good service personnel because of where they put their penis.

His support of SSM... What exactly has he changed legislatively for "gays"?

Legislative changes aren't required. Getting rid of government incursions on people's civil liberties is something that should always be stopped.

The American Jobs Act, so what if it got killed by the Republicans?
What good would it have done?

We have NO IDEA what good the ACA will do... it is not in full affect till 2014, and I wonder why that is.... :eusa_think:

Im sorry BD, but I just dont see how Obama has "helped" America as a country.
Sure he is carrying out the liberal agenda, and attempting to "fundamentally change America", but what good is he doing for us as a whole?

I don't consider him all that liberal, nor do I think that we're being fundamentally changed. The healthcare system has been broken for a while now.

We stop flushing good service personnel because of where they put their penis.

Legislative changes aren't required. Getting rid of government incursions on people's civil liberties is something that should always be stopped.

We have NO IDEA what good the ACA will do... it is not in full affect till 2014, and I wonder why that is.... :eusa_think:

Sure he is carrying out the liberal agenda, and attempting to "fundamentally change America", but what good is he doing for us as a whole?

I don't consider him all that liberal, nor do I think that we're being fundamentally changed. The healthcare system has been broken for a while now.

Well how about that.... we are carrying on a "clean debate" :clap2:

BUT YOUR WRONG..!!!! :mad:

:lol: J/K

Thanks Cat :) we obviously see it differently.

Aside from "He's not Romney" What do you seriously believe that he has brought to the Office of the President. Name what he has done that has actually helped America.

Specifics would be greatly appreciated....

I will be voting to re-elect the President in November in part because of his stellar foreign policy cred.

I find myself surprised to even be writing that as a former George W. Bush supporter from 2000.

President Obama said he'd withdraw from Iraq, and he did what he said.

On Afghanistan, I would personally like to see a faster withdrawal, but Obama is exercising prudence and caution. I disagree with him on that one, but oddly, I trust him.

In the presidential debate, he said that if he had Bin Laden in his sights, he would get the guy even if he was in Pakistan.

Well, we got him in our sights, he was in Pakistan, and Obama could have chosen to outsource the job to them or he could have chosen to bomb the compound into smithereens, leaving us with no evidence.

Instead, he risked his entire presidency by doing things the hard way. The killing of Osama Bin Laden was a total success on every level, from the President to the SEALS.

It took the previous administration $1 trillion, 10 years and 4,500 dead Americans to kill one American killing dictator.

In Libya, it took this President 6 months, $1 billion, and no dead Americans to kill the American killing Gaddafi. Obama got everybody else to pay for that one, and the job was done well. Kudos to him on that one.

I support Ronald Reagan's legacy of reducing the world's nuke supply. President Obama has continued this legacy, re-signing the ABM treaty with Russia.

The cyber attacks on Iran. Awesome.

---------------

On the domestic front, President Obama is the first to sign major health care reforms into law in more than 40 years.

After the dust has settled and folks learn what is in it, we see that it is imperfect, but that it contains common sense measures like forcing the industry to cover folks with pre-existing conditions.

Small businesses are already taking advantage of many of the things in it for them, contrary to the beliefs of some that they will simply drop coverage for everyone in the country. If they could drop people and pay a fine instead, than why aren't they dropping everyone now when there is no fine? The answer? Because the fearmongering by some of us is unfounded.

The Affordable Care Act is a moderate to conservative bill that keeps health care in private hands, while it demands a little sacrifice from all ends. Republicans of the past would have been happy to pass this legislation.

Mitt Romney said "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt", while this President came to the rescue of America's auto industry. It was not an easy thing to do, but he did it. And he did it at the urging of the auto industry.

I support tougher Wall St. regulations, like Glass-Steagall. I wish it had been put back into law. The Volcker Rule is something we can all support. That's the pesky regulation that says we the public are no longer on the hook to bailout too-big-to-fail banks.

A conservative, prudent person is one who wishes to see the free market preserved for generations to come, therefore we must drive with one hand on the steering wheel in order so that some folks can't abuse our capitalist system. Not all regulations are bad.

President Obama's administration has passed fewer regulations that the previous administration.

Under President Obama, deportations are up 10% over the previous administration.

President Obama has lowered taxes for 95% of us.

The Stimulus worked to bring us back from being in the ditch. The jobs bill he wishes to pass is stuff that conservatives used to pass in their sleep.

So, even though he is imperfect, I support President Obama because he is a fellow moderate like myself who places common sense and compromise over dogmatic ideologies of the past.

But he gets a huge thumbs up from me on his foreign policy credentials, which are stellar.

This country can really get moving again with him at the wheel, and I am tired of his legitimacy coming into question from blowhards, Birchers, birthers, flat-earthers and racists.

I want the jobs bill passed, not another abortion bill or another motion to cut taxes on the Mitt Romneys of the world while raising taxes on the working poor, which is un-Christian like in my humble opinion.

Aside from "He's not Romney" What do you seriously believe that he has brought to the Office of the President. Name what he has done that has actually helped America.

while i understand your question. the thread title is clearly not intended to lead to "clean debate". i've never known anyone to use the president's middle name without a specific purpose.

i'd prefer to hear what there is about going back to all of the failed policies of the bush administration that would appeal to anyone.

while i understand your question. the thread title is clearly not intended to lead to "clean debate". i've never known anyone to use the president's middle name without a specific purpose.

i'd prefer to hear what there is about going back to all of the failed policies of the bush administration that would appeal to anyone.

Oh freeking quit it already...!

Is that not his name Jillian???

Plus, if ya want to hear what there is GOOD about going back to all of the failed policies of the bush administration and how that would appeal to anyone.... start a thread.

Last edited:

How many democrats supported Bushes failed policy?

Are you ashamed of the President's middle name? Are you offended by the President's middle name? Why aren't you tolerant of those who use his middle name?

Last edited:
Well it is a free country and it is a wonderful thing that we are not penalized for holding whatever opinions we hold.

But in my opinion, if you compare the accomplishments and the consequences of both guys, I wouldn't want either one as my President for the next four years, but neverthless GWB was head and shoulders more effective and less destructive than has been Barack Hussein Obama.

I was so frustrated with President Bush by the end of his second term, that I couldn't imagine that Obama could be worse. I was wrong. You know that sign. . . .

original.jpg

. . . .by the end of Obama's second year I was emphatically thinking, yeah I do.

I never had this feeling. My entire feeling during Obama's presidency has been one of relief that he was not Bush2 or Palin. I don't love the guy, I voted for him reluctantly, but he has not been nearly as bad as I imagined he might be.

And I had high hopes that he would be the man who campaigned for the office. He isn't. He has proved to be disingenous about almost all of the 'high sounding' rhetoric he used back then, and most of his views are not defensible. I think he has added the least amount of positive influence and has been the most destructive President of my lifetime. And that is getting to be quite a long lifetime.

By contrast, we got exactly the President Bush he promised to be and still is. We were just so anxious to get a Republican in there that we didn't vet him properly re a number of important issues during the nomination or he might not have won the nomination.

It's never been 'he's not Romney.' He IS the President, I voted for him and I will vote for him again, based on his many accomplishments with regard to the men and women of the armed forces and his support thereof, repeal of DADT, support of SSM, The American Jobs Act (so what if it got killed by the Republicans), the ACA, his constant vigilance to help the least among us (poverty-stricken, elderly and infirm.)

I'm not seeing much feedback on my points.

Ok... Its your turn.

The accomplishments you listed have done nothing good in my opinion.

I already spoke my truth. If you're going to blow off every last word, fair game, then. We have nothing further to discuss.

Are you ashamed of the President's middle name? Are you offended by the President's middle name? Why aren't you tolerant of those who use his middle name?

Reminds me of John McCain.... :tongue:

Another good thread needs starting. :)

Well it is a free country and it is a wonderful thing that we are not penalized for holding whatever opinions we hold.

But in my opinion, if you compare the accomplishments and the consequences of both guys, I wouldn't want either one as my President for the next four years, but neverthless GWB was head and shoulders more effective and less destructive than has been Barack Hussein Obama.

I was so frustrated with President Bush by the end of his second term, that I couldn't imagine that Obama could be worse. I was wrong. You know that sign. . . .

original.jpg

. . . .by the end of Obama's second year I was emphatically thinking, yeah I do.

I never had this feeling. My entire feeling during Obama's presidency has been one of relief that he was not Bush2 or Palin. I don't love the guy, I voted for him reluctantly, but he has not been nearly as bad as I imagined he might be.

obama is far worse than bush. how can you over look that?

I'm not seeing much feedback on my points.

Ok... Its your turn.

I already spoke my truth. If you're going to blow off every last word, fair game, then. We have nothing further to discuss.

Did you not ask for feedback?

Damn, why you got to be such a baby about it?

Are we not having an adult conversation here???

WTF?

Is that not his name BD???

Plus, if ya want to hear what there is GOOD about going back to all of the failed policies of the bush administration and how that would appeal to anyone.... start a thread.

She's not BD.

Ok... Its your turn.

WTF?

Stop crying. I was polite in my response, I don't know why you are so upset.

And the large font is irritating.

Is that not his name BD???

She's not BD.

I fixed it... you guys Avies confused me :tongue:

:lol:

Sorry Dear
:D

WTF?

Is it so hard to not make things personal?

The large font seems to be personally irritating to someone. Using Barky's middle name seems to be personally irritating also. Anything else?

Last edited:

WTF?

ok.... look.... I meesed up and thought it was you on both posts...

Big mistake.... can we start over? :tomato:

And the font is because everybody kept telling me they could not see my writing, said it was too small.... ugh, I cant win for losing :confused:

Forum List

Back