Aye Carumba! Economic prodigy Ocasio-Cortez wants to know how GOP are going to pay for the tax cuts

She has a point .

Is the government supposed to run on smiles and sunshine?
In case you haven't noticed, our government is still running. Do you have any other embarrassing comments you'd like to throw out there so we can make fun of them?

And it is running on my kids and grandkids money because you selfish fucks want you 20 extra bucks a week and no cut in spending!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

We don't have "money", we have notes of debt. REAL money has an intrinsic value. Audit the foreign owned Federal Reserve, confiscate it's holdings and then nationalize it. Write off the debt by shutting down USA.INC and return to being a republic like our founders set it up to be.
Paper money is no different from any other money. If people decide they dont care about gold, then gold becomes worthless. I dont see anyone having a problem with paper money these days, do you?

She has a point .

In case you haven't noticed, our government is still running. Do you have any other embarrassing comments you'd like to throw out there so we can make fun of them?

And it is running on my kids and grandkids money because you selfish fucks want you 20 extra bucks a week and no cut in spending!

No it's not. You're fake stories hold no weight here.

The $895 billion dollar deficit report is a GOVERNMENT STATISTIC.

Or do you call government statistics 'fake news'?

I'll tell ya what, though, friends, if you think you got a tax cut, I'm sorry, you didn't . What you got was a gradual tax increase. Because the GOP adopted chained cpi into their bill, the inflation tax will gradually rise until it maxs out in about 6 years. At that point, many in the middle class will be bumped into higher tax brackets.

''Chained CPI is a way of measuring CPI that understates inflation’s effects on our standard of living. It does this by assuming inflation has not reduced Americans’ standard of living if, for example, people can buy hamburgers when they can no longer afford steak. This so-called full substitution ignores the fact that if individuals viewed hamburgers as a full substitute for steak they would have bought hamburgers before Fed-created inflation made steak unaffordable.The use of chained CPI to adjust tax brackets pushes individuals into higher tax brackets over time. ''

Chained CPI increases the inflation tax.

What you're experiencing are illusionary gains in income which are caused by inflation. Inflation, of course, properly defined as the surplus of fiat currency and credit/debt.

The stock market? That's all distortion, thanks to the Federal Reserve. Those stocks and bonds are waaay overpriced. That bubble is leaking all over the place and they have absolutely no idea where it's all going.

Last edited:
She has a point .

Fake news is you pretending that tax cuts are the problem and not your endless fucking entitlement programs.

As usual the gop will simply accept a larger deficit because as everyone knows a fine republican once said, Deficits don't matter.

Not when the cuts involve gutting the Military and pretending we can pay for the folly of "global warming" by giving the money to phony solar start-ups like Barry the Fairy did.

And show me a link to unbiased, factual proof that if the military budget was cut in half that America would be unable to militarily defend herself?

If America cut her military spending by half...she would still be spending WAY more than China, Russia, Iran and North Korea combined.

Defense Spending by Country

Last edited:
She has a point .

Fake news is you pretending that tax cuts are the problem and not your endless fucking entitlement programs.

I did not mention entitlement programs...and I think they should be reduced, btw.

I will ask again, is the $895 billion deficit report (from the government) fake news?

Yes or no?

Last edited:
She has a point .

We don't have "money", we have notes of debt. REAL money has an intrinsic value. Audit the foreign owned Federal Reserve, confiscate it's holdings and then nationalize it. Write off the debt by shutting down USA.INC and return to being a republic like our founders set it up to be.
Paper money is no different from any other money. If people decide they dont care about gold, then gold becomes worthless. I dont see anyone having a problem with paper money these days, do you?

Only 8 % or 1.67 trillion of this fiat currency is in actual paper, the rest is simply digits on a computer. The more that there is of something, the less value it has. AND there is interest attached to every single FRN in existence. So, if every FRN is "borrowed" into existence, where do the FRNs come from to pay the interest by an extension of credit by a "bank" that is neither "Federal" nor has it any reserves? It doesn't exist so in order to service this phony debt, this fiat currency has to expand exponentially creating more and more debt.

That's not how it works.

As usual the gop will simply accept a larger deficit because as everyone knows a fine republican once said, Deficits don't matter.

Not when the cuts involve gutting the Military and pretending we can pay for the folly of "global warming" by giving the money to phony solar start-ups like Barry the Fairy did.
Why is the right wing unwilling to pay, exorbitantly expensive superpower Tax Rates?

It's time to stop dealing with the debt our leftist shitheads have rung up in the name of LBJ's "great society"...the $22T we're down is the exact amount spent on grievance and give aways since 1965. Default immediately while a good portion of our debt is owned by foreigners. We end the interest payments and cut taxes in half. Then we vow and codify that either a budget is balanced or can't be produced which immediately shuts down the government until it's balanced. Trump could initiate this...he's so hated already, it can't do any political damage and within a few years he'd be heralded as the greatest President of all time. We can't pay it off, it's too much to deal with so why wait?

:lmao:

No its not a headline at the Onion.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez @Ocasio2018

US House candidate, NY-14

The House GOP wants to add *another* $2.4 trillion in tax cuts after already cutting $2 trillion in taxes on corporations & the very rich last December.

You ever notice how no one asks the GOP how *they’re* going to pay for it?

'Sit this one out, CLOWN'! Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez totally FACEPLANTS over GOP tax cuts

You rightwing pseudo-cons obviously have your new obsession.
She sure scares the Walmart Blue Light Special pants off you, doesn't she?

You obviously have your new obsession, leftwing dipshit.

It sure scares the Goodwill Senior Discount Day pants off you that she's being talked about, doesn't it?

(Oh, FYI, Brain Trust, it was Kmart that had blue-light specials back about a million years ago, not Walmart. Insults work better if you don't talk out of your ass.)

Sorry, I don't shop either KMart or WalMart so thanks for setting me straight.

What's my obsession? You failed to mention.

And thanks for boosting my post, the more you make A.O.C. a household name, the more you squirm and need to change out your Depends.

I'm sorry you're more interested in feeling superior than you are in saving money. Doesn't seem wise or practical to me, but hey, I'm not your accountant.

Also, I apologize for not spelling it out in big letters for you: you're clearly obsessed with bitching about people daring to talk about left-wingers in the news.

You're welcome for the boost. Making non-entities feel like they have some substance in the world, thereby staving off their suicides from utter loneliness and despair, is my good deed for the month. It also makes it safer for other people to walk past tall buildings.

Far from being upset about Googly-Eyes, as much as this news might interfere with your obscure belief that publicizing lunatics somehow makes YOU more relevant, I and everyone else on the right consider her candidacy to be a gift from the humor gods. Mocking this little twit is so easy, it almost makes me feel cheap.

So once again, your "You're talking about her! That must mean you're AFRAID of her! Aha, we're WINNING!" falls flat on its face . . . much like Googly-Eyes' every attempt to sound like she's not brain-damaged.

Why is the right wing unwilling to pay, exorbitantly expensive superpower Tax Rates?

We already pay over 70%...how much is enough? When that money is invested into the economy instead of Sam's pockets, we grow and growth is more money for everybody instead of the government crooks.

Wonder if I can explain the nuts and bolts of the problem to this Cortez chick in 140 characters or less on Twitter. She's kind of on the right track. Hm. What to do, what to do.

Just gotta throw on the old Natty C charm and trick her into thinking everything she just learned in 140 characters or less was all her idea.

Might work. Ha.

Yeah, sorry. Googly-Eyes just made that cliche obsolete. Turns out there IS such a thing as a stupid question, and that was it.

As stupid as she is, this is a pretty mundane question.

No, it's common, because there are a lot of economically-ignorant, brainwashed people in this country. However, SHE is not just some face-in-the-herd voter; she's a prospective member of Congress.

How commonly this question is asked does not make it mundane; if anything, it highlights just how egregious it is.

Instead of focusing on the question, why not care about the additional $1,078,277,676 being added to the national debt per day thanks to the tax cuts.

Is not that just slightly more important?

No, that's a disingenuous shell game.

You want to talk about spending? We can talk about spending. But trying to pretend that the American people are to blame for the debt and trying to guilt them into giving up their hard-earned money is evil and disgusting.

$0 are being added to the national debt due to tax cuts. Every single red effing penny of that is due to government overspending, of which this dishonest, greedy little lunatic wants to add even more.

So neither she, nor you, need speak to any of us about "How dare you want your taxes cut?! Don't you know we need your money?!"

This sounds like that "cheap rhetoric" Megan McCain was talking about at her dad's funeral.
Why don't you post some data backing up your claims?
Got Google?
Trump is indeed running amok with the national debt and deficit.
Even the ultra-conservative National Review says you're full of shit, and that's baaaad.

Budget Deficits Keep Growing in the Trump Era | National Review

The Trump administration is headed for a gigantic debt headache

Some data backing up my claims?! Are you seriously even still on this side of the rabbit hole, Mad Hatter?! You're actually demanding DATA to back up a painfully obvious, common-sense tenet of basic economics - that debt is caused by spending more than you have - as though I made some wildly obscure statement about polls in Outer Slovokistan?!

Oh, my everloving God, it's no wonder this society is going to Hell in a handbasket.

I can't even.

Here. Come back when you've had someone read it to you.

41MDRqLIVoL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

That's not how it works.
It basically is how it works. What's the big deal about gold? Its shiny and it conducts electricity? Lots of metals have those qualities. The only reason it's worth as much as it is, is because people decided to like it a long time ago and it stuck. People feel no differently about US Treasury notes. They should be fairly worthless, but we have decided that they are valuable.

Being ignorant of how things work does not change the fact that tax cuts do not, and cannot, "drive us further into debt".

anything that reduces revenue while not reducing spending drives us further into debt. It is a simple concept. If you are spending more than you make and then you get a pay cut and keep spending the same amount, you will go even further into debt.

What you are actually saying is that the government fully intends to spend far more than it can afford, and FAR, FAR more than it should, and rather than addressing that problem, you want to blame the American people for "selfishly" wanting to keep what they have earned instead of handing it over for you to play with.

The American people are the problem, they like you want your cake and to eat it too. The American people keep voting into power people that want expand and grow the size and expense of government. The GOP will run on cutting taxes without a word about spending and people will go "yeah, an extra 20 bucks a week", while we are adding another billion dollars a day to the debt so that our children can pay it for us. That is the very epitome of selfish.

Except that tax cuts don't reduce revenue, unless you're talking about some fantasy land dreamed up by 5th graders where the economy is a zero-sum game. In the real world, the fact that tax cuts increase revenue is so axiomatic, even dumbass leftist economists accept it . . . unless they're talking to three-toothed hicks who'll buy anything shiny for a nickel.

It basically is how it works. What's the big deal about gold? Its shiny and it conducts electricity? Lots of metals have those qualities. The only reason it's worth as much as it is, is because people decided to like it a long time ago and it stuck. People feel no differently about US Treasury notes. They should be fairly worthless, but we have decided that they are valuable.

Well, the more fiat currency they print, the more they devalue the dollar. I think it's worth about 4 cents now. It's being debased. Heck, it's almost completely debased. In time, the rest of the world will lose interest in it.

But, you know what? Technically you're right. lol.

No, that's a disingenuous shell game.

You want to talk about spending? We can talk about spending. But trying to pretend that the American people are to blame for the debt and trying to guilt them into giving up their hard-earned money is evil and disgusting.

$0 are being added to the national debt due to tax cuts. Every single red effing penny of that is due to government overspending, of which this dishonest, greedy little lunatic wants to add even more.

So neither she, nor you, need speak to any of us about "How dare you want your taxes cut?! Don't you know we need your money?!"

You are the greedy selfish one. You want your taxes cut but do not want to cut spending. You want to pass off to my kids and grand kids even more debt. You do not care about screwing them over as long as you get your 20 bucks.

Hell, this chick is more honest than you, she is open and truthful about spending.

Sorry, asshat, but you don't get to call me selfish or greedy unless and until I talk about how I want something that belongs to someone else. And you'll never find me doing that. And YOU never get to call me that AT ALL, because YOU are consistently and routinely talking about how ABC group should have what XYZ group owns and worked for. So fuck you, I didn't read past the point your hypocritical ass decided to have the unmitigated, outrageous GALL to accuse me of your own actions. No point, since there is nothing you could say after that point that is going to be truthful or relevant or EVER make it okay for you to try to shame me for the "crime" of wanting to keep what I worked for.

I'll say it again: Is your ass here at my work today, helping me earn what you think you should be allowed to spend? No, it most certainly is not. So piss off.

:lmao:

No its not a headline at the Onion.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez @Ocasio2018

US House candidate, NY-14

The House GOP wants to add *another* $2.4 trillion in tax cuts after already cutting $2 trillion in taxes on corporations & the very rich last December.

You ever notice how no one asks the GOP how *they’re* going to pay for it?

'Sit this one out, CLOWN'! Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez totally FACEPLANTS over GOP tax cuts

Have the GOP made reciprocal cuts in spending, genius?

Would the Democrats let them get away with it if they tried, moron?

Forum List

Back