Ocasio-Cortez floats 70 percent tax on rich to pay for 'Green New Deal'

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Braindead commie Cortez seems to think people making over $600,000 a year should pay their "fair share", which is 70%. If she and her fellow commie leftists get their way, people would lose their homes and businesses because they wouldn't have enough money left to maintain their property.

She also wants to make it law that we are only using renewable energy in 12 years. Keep in mind, this has yet to be discovered/invented so I guess we would likely freeze to death and have no vehicles to drive to work because it would be illegal to use anything other than this yet-to-be-invented energy source.

Scary part is that she has supporters and even the leftist media treat her as if she should be taken seriously.

And when the rich decide to just retire because it's not worth working for a small percent of what they make, what will happen then? You guessed it, the money runs out. Then it's time for a real dictatorship, where they confiscate all the money in the banks and properties. If feds take 70% and states continue to take more, there won't be much left for the people who actually earned the money.

And, of course, no intent for government to cut spending. At least not their spending. The people will be forced to cut spending because they won't have any money to spend. Many wouldn't have enough to keep up the lifestyle they earned for themselves.

This is the new Dem party, folks. The extremists took over and the remaining ones are going along with this shit.

Add to that the fact that they want to eliminate electoral voting and we are headed straight for tyranny.

I put the odds at 92% that you don't understand how our tax brackets work.

So she believes Jeff Bezos should give 70% of his $52B a year he makes to the government? Good Lord, I mean he currently pays zero , so maybe they could meet somewhere in the middle.

Braindead commie Cortez seems to think people making over $600,000 a year should pay their "fair share", which is 70%. If she and her fellow commie leftists get their way, people would lose their homes and businesses because they wouldn't have enough money left to maintain their property.

She also wants to make it law that we are only using renewable energy in 12 years. Keep in mind, this has yet to be discovered/invented so I guess we would likely freeze to death and have no vehicles to drive to work because it would be illegal to use anything other than this yet-to-be-invented energy source.

Scary part is that she has supporters and even the leftist media treat her as if she should be taken seriously.

And when the rich decide to just retire because it's not worth working for a small percent of what they make, what will happen then? You guessed it, the money runs out. Then it's time for a real dictatorship, where they confiscate all the money in the banks and properties. If feds take 70% and states continue to take more, there won't be much left for the people who actually earned the money.

And, of course, no intent for government to cut spending. At least not their spending. The people will be forced to cut spending because they won't have any money to spend. Many wouldn't have enough to keep up the lifestyle they earned for themselves.

This is the new Dem party, folks. The extremists took over and the remaining ones are going along with this shit.
I'm pretty sure I won't be affected, how about you? And if not, should we care? The 70%ers seem to take pretty good care of themselves, maybe they could hire American citizens to do lawn care for the tax deduction and have the illegals deported. There is always a win/win somewhere.
Add to that the fact that they want to eliminate electoral voting and we are headed straight for tyranny.

I put the odds at 92% that you don't understand how our tax brackets work.

Stupid shits on the left never stop to think there may be dire consequences to taxing the crap out of the job producers. God they are dumb.

100% Commitments in Cities, Counties, & States

Cities Powered by 100% Renewable Energy

1. Aspen As of 2015, Aspen, Colorado is powered by 100% renewable electricity - a mix of approximately 50% wind, 45% hydropower, and the remaining 5% from solar and landfill gas. Contact Emily Hiltz Learn More Mayor Steve Skadron has pledged their support for a community-wide transition 100% renewable energy.
  2. Burlington As of 2014, Burlington, Vermont is powered by 100% renewable electricity.Learn More Mayor Miro Weinberger has pledged their support for a community-wide transition 100% renewable energy.
  3. Georgetown As of 2018, Georgetown, TX is powered by 100% renewable electricity.Learn More Mayor Dale Ross has pledged their support for a community-wide transition 100% renewable energy.
  4. Greensburg As of 2013, Greensburg, Kansas is powered with 100% renewable electricity. Learn More Mayor Bob Dixson has pledged their support for a community-wide transition 100% renewable energy.
  5. Kodiak Island Since 2012, Kodiak Island is powered by 100% renewable electricity.
  6. Rock Port Rock Port, MO is powered by 100% wind energy. Learn More

1. Aspen As of 2015, Aspen, Colorado is powered by 100% renewable electricity - a mix of approximately 50% wind, 45% hydropower, and the remaining 5% from solar and landfill gas. Contact Emily Hiltz Learn More Mayor Steve Skadron has pledged their support for a community-wide transition 100% renewable energy.
  2. Burlington As of 2014, Burlington, Vermont is powered by 100% renewable electricity.Learn More Mayor Miro Weinberger has pledged their support for a community-wide transition 100% renewable energy.
  3. Georgetown As of 2018, Georgetown, TX is powered by 100% renewable electricity.Learn More Mayor Dale Ross has pledged their support for a community-wide transition 100% renewable energy.
  4. Greensburg As of 2013, Greensburg, Kansas is powered with 100% renewable electricity. Learn More Mayor Bob Dixson has pledged their support for a community-wide transition 100% renewable energy.
  5. Kodiak Island Since 2012, Kodiak Island is powered by 100% renewable electricity.

The left environmentalists hate hydroelectric power. For that matter they hate solar and wind.

I'm sure Ocasio-Cortez's radicalism is popular in her 'hood. But it won't fly anywhere else.

She's the Ron Paul of the Democratic Party.

The left environmentalists hate hydroelectric power. For that matter they hate solar and wind.
I love hydroelectric power.

I also love solar farms. I've half jokingly suggested we should turn all of Nevada into one big solar farm to power the entire country. But only half jokingly. I'm half serious.

This is a yuge solar farm near Las Vegas. It even provides power at night.

So somebody out there takes me seriously...

3057288-poster-p-1-this-huge-new-solar-farm-near-las-vegas-provides-power-even-at-night.jpg

Lets start with Media personalities,congress and Hollywood.

I love hydroelectric power.

I also love solar farms. I've half jokingly suggested we should turn all of Nevada into one big solar farm to power the entire country. But only half jokingly. I'm half serious.

We have massive hydroelectric power in my area, my utility bill averages about $85 a month and everything is electric.

Forum List

Back