AT&T Uses 9/11 To Promote A Cell Phone

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011

o-ATT-911-TWEET-570.jpg

Read their apologies at the link.

I really despise AT&T and glad we switched to the better and cheaper service with Verizon but I don't see that this is much worse than a lot of other images used to promote business.

Whatcha all think?

I can't believe that AT&T let that happen, someone's head should roll.

It looks like an uplifting message. Should the government step in or should we wait and see if buyers respond?

Didn't read the link, did you.

Why would you bring the government into this? Why are rw's always so eager to pass laws to take rights away from Americans?

Probably not the best decision of the week.

On a side note, the Mrs. and I have been with AT&T for almost 20 years now and have never had a complaint or problem...

o-ATT-911-TWEET-570.jpg

Read their apologies at the link.

I really despise AT&T and glad we switched to the better and cheaper service with Verizon but I don't see that this is much worse than a lot of other images used to promote business.

Whatcha all think?

i know a few who have Verizon and think they suck......

I have been on Verizon for 8 years and love it.

ATT too expensive for two iPhone5's and poor coverage in our very remote area. With Verizon, we pay $30 less with no limit on phone calls or text messages. Besides less money and better coverage, what I like is never having to think about how many minutes we've used or if we have roll over minutes. The bill is always the very same amount.

When we had ATT, we never used auto pay because the bill was wrong so often. I had to pour over that damn bill every month and then call to get it changed and get the constant overages credited back to us.

We also had a lot of trouble finding an IP in this area. ATT offers dial up or very limited usage broadband that's slower than dial up. Really. Not exaggerating at all. We've had Melenicom, which uses Verizon cell towers, for quite a while now and its very fast.

What cell phone were they promoting?

Serious question.

Ask them.

ATT is completely Republican.

They are the leftists favorite phone company because they are pro union, and actively lobby for laws to make their competition turn union. Verizon is a lot more Republican leaning, and anti union, than AT&T.

Did your head just explode?

What cell phone were they promoting?

Serious question.

Ask them.

ATT is completely Republican.

They are the leftists favorite phone company because they are pro union, and actively lobby for laws to make their competition turn union. Verizon is a lot more Republican leaning, and anti union, than AT&T.

Did your head just explode?

"Stephenson’s $30,800 contribution to the Republican National Committee punctuated months of sniping between the biggest U.S. telephone company and the Democratic-controlled Federal "

"Sixty-five percent of donations from AT&T employees and their families are going to Republicans for the 2012 elections, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. That’s up from 55 percent in 2010, when the Democrats were in charge of both houses of Congress and the presidency, and is the highest percentage since the center began keeping records in 1990."
http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/20...lls-gop-accounts-after-democrats-hit-his.html

Leftist might choose AT&T, but that does not mean the company always favors democrats.

I found it far more disturbing that the callus A-holes at Logan airport (where two 9-11 planes took off) decided to hold a simulated crash exercise complete with smoke and fire on the 12th anniversary of 9-11. They apologized though.

Forum List

Back