Woman sues after transvaginal ultrasound

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Woman Sues Over Transvaginal Ultrasound: 'It Felt Like I Was Being Raped'
When Marianne Keith, 52, went to the hospital with severe abdominal pain in February, the physician recommended that she have a transvaginal ultrasound -- the same procedure doctors use to detect a fetal heartbeat early in a pregnancy -- to diagnose the problem. What ensued, Keith says, was a full hour of brutal physical abuse that left her with internal injuries and recurring nightmares.

"It felt like I was being raped," she told The Huffington Post in an interview. "Like somebody was intentionally hurting me."

Keith has sued the Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville, Ill., where she underwent the procedure, for medical battery. She claims in the lawsuit that the hospital technician "repeatedly jammed the probe in to various internal portions of [her] vagina, including her cervix," for an hour.

This is why the scum sucking Rs want it used on women having legal abortions.

When Marianne Keith, 52, went to the hospital with severe abdominal pain in February, the physician recommended that she have a transvaginal ultrasound -- the same procedure doctors use to detect a fetal heartbeat early in a pregnancy -- to diagnose the problem. What ensued, Keith says, was a full hour of brutal physical abuse that left her with internal injuries and recurring nightmares.

"It felt like I was being raped," she told The Huffington Post in an interview. "Like somebody was intentionally hurting me."

Keith has sued the Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville, Ill., where she underwent the procedure, for medical battery. She claims in the lawsuit that the hospital technician "repeatedly jammed the probe in to various internal portions of [her] vagina, including her cervix," for an hour.

Dumbass opinion!:mad:

HORSESHIT

stupid lying bitch just wants to enrich herself

transvaginal ultrasound IS NOT used to detect fetal heartbeat - whoever was writing that moronic article should get the basic training in how not to look stupid.

It was a diagnostic procedure to find out what was causing her pain. If she was left with injuries it was done incorrectly and she may have a malpractice case.

I had one. It was minor, painless and took about 10 minutes. The internal organs are filmed much like an x-ray for the doctor to look at later.

She is going to lose this unless the insurance company settles for nuisance value.

another dishonest troll thread by luddly taking advantage of a poor women's horrible medical treatment so he can bash his political opponents, who had absolutely nothing to do with the medical procedure.

pathetic.

Scum sucking troll.

Good for her, fuck the right wingers and their huge government attacks on women.

" the physician recommended that she have a transvaginal ultrasound "

Hey dumbfuck, she could of refused the proceedure.

Given abortions are a lot more invasion than this procedure she CONSENTED to, does she and other women sue after having abortions, saying it was like being raped? Oh wait, liberals are retarded, mentally defective hypocrites.

What a stupid fucking bitch.

" the physician recommended that she have a transvaginal ultrasound "

Hey dumbfuck, she could of refused the proceedure.

She LIES.
NOBODY will be "suffering" an HOUR of the procedure which takes 10 minutes and NOT OBJECT to it. It does not happen.

Especially since she supposedly had it already.

Vaginal US is a RARE procedure and if she already had those - there is something wrong with her inside.

The bitch is just trying to make money using the fabricated "political controversy " of the method ( fabricated becasue there is no need to undergo vaginal US for pregnancy eval, just abdominal)

. Transvaginal ultrasound is a test used to look at a woman's reproductive organs, including the uterus, ovaries, and cervix.

Transvaginal means across or through the vagina.

How the Test is Performed

You will lie down on a table with your knees bent. Your feet may be held in stirrups.

You will be given a probe, called a transducer, to place into the vagina. The probe is covered with a condom and a gel.
•The probe sends out sound waves, which reflect off body structures. A computer receives these waves and uses them to create a picture.
•The ultrasound technician or doctor can see the picture on a TV monitor.
•The health care provider will move the probe around the area to see the pelvic organs.

In some cases, a special transvaginal ultrasound method called saline infusion sonography (SIS) may be needed to more clearly view the uterus.

How to Prepare for the Test

You will be asked to undress, usually from the waist down. A transvaginal ultrasound is done with your bladder empty or partly filled.

How the Test Will Feel

The test is usually painless, although some women may have mild discomfort from the pressure of the probe. Only a small part of the probe is placed into the vagina.

Why the Test is Performed

Transvaginal ultrasound may be done for the following problems:
•Abnormal findings on a physical exam, such as cysts, fibroid tumors, or other growths
•Abnormal vaginal bleeding and menstrual problems
•Certain types of infertility
•Ectopic pregnancy
•Pelvic pain

Transvaginal ultrasound: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
This woman is lying. She complained of pain for which there was no explanation. So the doctor ordered a look around inside. There was probably nothing wrong with her to begin with.

Forum List

Back