another year begins...

K

KLSuddeth

School year that is. I cant believe that summer has gone so quickly. Nor can I believe that getting ready for school consists of so many things that it does now.
2 kids = approx 290.00 in supplies per kid (includes 2 backpacks and binders that are now 12.00 each on sale....WTF 12 bucks for a flippin BINDER??? Im in the wrong business) :blowup:
approx. 300.00 in football fees and gear for the boy child
approx 450.00 a kid for school clothes and shoes - accessories, hair stuff,
make up, etc
25.00 for a back to school physical for the boy child so he can play football
48.00 for athletic uniforms (football unrelated)
45.00 for the lunch debit account
I cant tell you HOW much driving and how many appointments we did and had to go to in the last week. WHEW!

It seems really bizarre...instead of my pretty pony lunch boxes, power ranger thermoses and colorful backpacks Im buying the above and Im not sure when it happened. Back to school used to be fun and easy and not something that you needed a second mortgage to do. Now its about getting the 'cool stuff' so the children youve raised to be individuals can all meld together in one expensive blur.

ugh

:huh:

KLSuddeth said:
School year that is. I cant believe that summer has gone so quickly. Nor can I believe that getting ready for school consists of so many things that it does now.
2 kids = approx 290.00 in supplies per kid (includes 2 backpacks and binders that are now 12.00 each on sale....WTF 12 bucks for a flippin BINDER??? Im in the wrong business) :blowup:
approx. 300.00 in football fees and gear for the boy child
approx 450.00 a kid for school clothes and shoes - accessories, hair stuff,
make up, etc
25.00 for a back to school physical for the boy child so he can play football
48.00 for athletic uniforms (football unrelated)
45.00 for the lunch debit account
I cant tell you HOW much driving and how many appointments we did and had to go to in the last week. WHEW!

It seems really bizarre...instead of my pretty pony lunch boxes, power ranger thermoses and colorful backpacks Im buying the above and Im not sure when it happened. Back to school used to be fun and easy and not something that you needed a second mortgage to do. Now its about getting the 'cool stuff' so the children youve raised to be individuals can all meld together in one expensive blur.

ugh

:huh:

Just to make your day complete, high school is more expensive, don't even start on college! I said the kids are paying for it themselves, and so they do. But I 'help.' Nearly $300 a few weeks ago, another $300 last night. End of the week, hotel and buy books. ~faint~ Beginning of October parent's weekend-guess who they want? Hotel- :shocked:

Noooo, dont remind me about school! Oh no here it comes...yup. The end of summer depression. Now I'll sit in my room for the remaining week or so and feel sorry for myself while listening to my depressing collection of Pink Floyd.

As far as school shopping goes: basically everything from last year. Except for pencils, folders, notebooks, and the like. And my mom sees fit to buy me new pants or something... :wtf: :wtf:

Great, freshman orientation is Wednesday. Man I hate school. (No offense Kathianne)

Semper Fi said:
Noooo, dont remind me about school! Oh no here it comes...yup. The end of summer depression. Now I'll sit in my room for the remaining week or so and feel sorry for myself while listening to my depressing collection of Pink Floyd.

As far as school shopping goes: basically everything from last year. Except for pencils, folders, notebooks, and the like. And my mom sees fit to buy me new pants or something... :wtf: :wtf:

Great, freshman orientation is Wednesday. Man I hate school. (No offense Kathianne)

No offense taken! I refuse to believe you mean it! :laugh:

Kathianne said:
No offense taken! I refuse to believe you mean it! :laugh:

Whaa?! If you really knew me, you'd see I act alot differant at home than I do at school. Thats because I HATED MIDDLE SCHOOL! And is high school better than my lame middle school that I just left? Besides you, Kathianne, you already sent me yours.

Semper Fi said:
Whaa?! If you really knew me, you'd see I act alot differant at home than I do at school. Thats because I HATED MIDDLE SCHOOL! And is high school better than my lame middle school that I just left? Besides you, Kathianne, you already sent me yours.

Well, we all survived both, I'm sure you will too! Hopefully HS will be much better for you than MS! I hope so! Really.

Eh, hopefully. It still wont help the ever-growing sadness thats seeded within me since my reality-check of school's approach. Time to pop in The Wall. :banana:

Semper Fi said:
Eh, hopefully. It still wont help the ever-growing sadness thats seeded within me since my reality-check of school's approach. Time to pop in The Wall. :banana:

Hey, I just dive in the looking glass, works everytime! :D

Semper Fi said:
You leap head first into a mirror? How many tubes of Neosporen do you use per week? :happy2:

Don't ask! :crutch:

Semper Fi said:

If you think that's bad, let me read you my Middle School Hell.

First off, I was in the first class to graduate from said middle school. Before, it was the Junior High, a younger high school where we got an array of classes, could chew gum and sometimes have snacks, and started feeling grown up. However, given that, the Junior High principal was still pretty bad. I got 3 days ISS for throwing the 3rd of 4 punches in a TWO man fight...2 weeks into the school year (it was worth it, though. first, satisfaction, then fame for punching the most annoying guy in the school).

Now for the middle skrewl (I love Rush):

No honors classes. It pointed out which kids were intellectually inferior and made them feel bad. They didn't, however, eliminate the football team, which took those intellectually inferior kids and put them on a power trip (we did have some smart football players, but most of them were dumb jocks and bullies). They also supposedly removed the Geography Bee because it was unfair for some people to get harder questions than others. The actual reason was because this town was distrustful of outsiders and I had won the competition the previous year, ousting their reigning champion of, well, everything, and only four weeks after moving to town.

Grades were split in two. I order to make the teachers' jobs easier, each grade was split into two 'teams,' that even had gay little competitions with each other (reminiscent of elementary school). Each team had the same four teachers for the core subjects and rotated half semester classes. The crappy part is that my 'cliche' got split in half, too, and the only time we saw each other was at lunch...sometimes.

The re-institution of recess. They called it intramurals, but they couldn't fool me. Thought intramurals was an option for using that time (I chose chess), it was still recess with no playground.

Carpet. Oh, sure, it sounds nice, but all it meant was that the admin was anal about getting it dirty.

Lack of enforcement of GT rules. GT rules state that no student is responsible for classwork missed because of GT. I had a teacher that wouldn't accept that and the school did nothing to stop her. Oh well, it was another 1/2 hour of homework, but it was annoying and rude.

Lack of enforcement of any rules. I was constantly assaulted, hazed, ridiculed, smeared, pranked, and beaten at that school in full view of the faculty and staff, with no intervention. I started coming to swim practice looking like I had just come from boxing practice (nothing like a speedo to show off your bruises) before my mom finally had enough and chewed out the pricipal. Until then, I had to make do with schoolyard justice. Those I could beat up (who were picking on me) took the brunt of my wrath for everybody.

By the end of that year, I was a powder keg. Freshman year in High School was a breeze, especially since half the seniors were actually afraid of me, and most of the other half were afraid of the linemen that went to my church.

Now, try THAT for a middle skrewl experience. Trust me, you probably have it pretty easy compared to, well, anyone going throught that thing...except the stupid portion of the football team.

Good Luck though, freshman year in high school is typically the toughest, socially speaking, and be sure to carry a big stick to beat the seniors with.

Yeah, my brother is a senior this year. Most of his friends seem to like me, not close friends, but they dont look at me as a little tag along or a punk. I figure if I humbly get involved and stick close to my good friends, I'll be ok. I'm only going to this high school for one year. I dont know how thats gonna work.

Gosh, was I the ONLY person who had great junior high and high school experiences??? DK says, 'probably'.

I loved school - adored it. I loved my AP classes, had friends and was even an annoying cheerleader before they kicked me out due to the fact that I only dated long haired guys rather than the obligatory 'jock'. LMAO :banana:

Seriously though....I guess Im lucky - school was great for me - I even miss it believe it or not! :dunno: :D

God I love small towns and Im so thrilled to be OUT of dallas and back in the one where we live now.

When I was in 7th grade, my family moved from Louisianna to Texas and I was put into one of the larger junior high schools out here. My son is now going to that school and I was pleased to see that many of the teachers I had (both in high school and jr high) are still there and remember me, therefore making his transition back into school easier. Also, several of the people that I was friends with in high school are now teachers there (my poor kid wont be able to get away with ANYTHING hahahaha!)

Now for the strange part....

I still remember going to the counseling office that first day of 7th grade to get my schedule. One of the counselors (Im still friendly with him to this day) took me to my first class (homeroom). Well, I brought Adam to the counseling office and there the SAME counselor is taking my son to the SAME homeroom with the SAME teacher.

Whoa.

Im OLD!!!!! :cool:

YAYYYY!!!! IM NOT HOMESCHOOLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can actually work on my book again! (once I get the house finished that is)

:dance: :dance: :dance: :teeth:

For Semper Fi.....best of luck on the new school year. Be sure and study hard, if you are interested in the Marine Corps, though. They do not take men or women who do not graduate in the top of their calss, anymore. It is not a bunch of dumb grunts running around....

I have a nephew who just graduated (barely) fromHS, and the Mainre Corps would not take him, due to his low test scores in school....he has a high IQ, but bored with school.

LOL

And I would have really enjoyed that, d, if DK WOULD EVER GET MY SOUND WORKING ON MY FLIPPIN COMPUTER AGAIN!!! :blowup:

Some IT guy HE is :fu2:

KLSuddeth said:
LOL

And I would have really enjoyed that, d, if DK WOULD EVER GET MY SOUND WORKING ON MY FLIPPIN COMPUTER AGAIN!!! :blowup:

Some IT guy HE is :fu2:

and I would have thought You'd enjoy not having to hear Korn, Godsmack, and all the other videos you're kids like to play. :p:

DKSuddeth said:
and I would have thought You'd enjoy not having to hear Korn, Godsmack, and all the other videos you're kids like to play. :p:

my kids play??? that includes you - you play that crapola too.

craps to you, ppppffffftttt and DISmissed!
(damn that felt good - hadnt done THAT in a while)
:poop:

Forum List

Back