My 8 year old is more logical than half of America

Get a grip, @th
I hope the OP isn't saying a kid shouldn't respond to bullying by defending themselves physically? If so, wholly fuck would the OP be wrong.
The OP doesn't want his kid to help others being bullied. He wants his kid to go against what he knows is right.
He wants his kid to be a pussy.
If one kid is being verbally mean and another kid comes up an punches him, who is the bigger bully?
this is 2017 man. Time to grow up.
Did your kid break any bones? Did he knock out any teeth?

Your kid took a stand against a bully. That's something you should be proud of.
I was proud of the reasons he did it. And I told him that. He is showing up to be an amazing person. And I love it. But there is nothing wrong with self improvement
Your son is a better man than you.
I question your interpretation of what a man is. And it's not like your opinion matters. I know what a hypocritical asswipe you are..

My wife and I took a karate class at a community college. We never went any further, but just that one class taught us some basics, like how to hit people without breaking your thumb, and how to stand sideways to present a smaller target to your opponent.

When you said you had children, I was concerned. You should not have children, because you are leading an immoral lifestyle, and you would have to teach your children to disregard your immorality or teach them an alternative system of morality which is not rooted in any objective reality, like the existence of a God.

tumblr_maoqvxPGx01qhigt0o1_500.gif
Did you earn that money servicing wealthy homosexuals?

Why do you ask? Are you looking to make some extra coin?

So he told me one of his friends at school was getting picked on by a bigger kid. He sat idle for a while but got tired of it and hit him in the face.
I sat him down and explained that he should never use violence to protest violence or bullying. It only leads to more violence. I appreciate the loyalty, bravery and friendship, but he handled the situation wrong.
He told me I was right. Here is some exact words "you are right daddy. It doesn't make much sense to fight meanness with more meanness." I told him its put him on the same level that he is fighting against.
In fact, he has no problem admitting when he is wrong. Ever. And I think that is fucking GREAT.
I thought to myself, this boy is intellectually honest and logical. He is fucking smarter than half the country.
Im talking to YOU you fascist nut jobs! My second grader is smarter than you. How does that make you feel?
Hypocrisy solves NOTHING. Grow up America.
PS im not teaching my kid not to defend himself. Apparently people cant read that it wasn't HIM that was being talked about.
Words are NOT a reason to get violent.
Your kid did the right thing. You fight violence with superior force. Always.

Get a grip, @th
I hope the OP isn't saying a kid shouldn't respond to bullying by defending themselves physically? If so, wholly fuck would the OP be wrong.
The OP doesn't want his kid to help others being bullied. He wants his kid to go against what he knows is right.
If one kid is being verbally mean and another kid comes up an punches him, who is the bigger bully?

I was proud of the reasons he did it. And I told him that. He is showing up to be an amazing person. And I love it. But there is nothing wrong with self improvement
I'm starting to think this thread is BS. lol

When you said you had children, I was concerned. You should not have children, because you are leading an immoral lifestyle, and you would have to teach your children to disregard your immorality or teach them an alternative system of morality which is not rooted in any objective reality, like the existence of a God.

You afraid of the competition?
No, I'm portrayed as a beggar, that's how I'm earning my money, a lowly position, but basically honest.
Then the wealthy, well-dressed fop comes along and throws gold coins in my hat. He no doubt earned his coin in some nefarious activity, like oppressing serfs and making them starve to death, while he taxes away their grain and meat. That's how MDK sees himself.

So he told me one of his friends at school was getting picked on by a bigger kid. He sat idle for a while but got tired of it and hit him in the face.
I sat him down and explained that he should never use violence to protest violence or bullying. It only leads to more violence. I appreciate the loyalty, bravery and friendship, but he handled the situation wrong.
He told me I was right. Here is some exact words "you are right daddy. It doesn't make much sense to fight meanness with more meanness." I told him its put him on the same level that he is fighting against.
In fact, he has no problem admitting when he is wrong. Ever. And I think that is fucking GREAT.
I thought to myself, this boy is intellectually honest and logical. He is fucking smarter than half the country.
Im talking to YOU you fascist nut jobs! My second grader is smarter than you. How does that make you feel?
Hypocrisy solves NOTHING. Grow up America.
PS im not teaching my kid not to defend himself. Apparently people cant read that it wasn't HIM that was being talked about.
Words are NOT a reason to get violent.
He did the right thing to stop a bully. He defended the innocent.

I slapped a bully who was picking on a little kid, and it was my proudest moment. The little kid was happy I did it too. A man came up and wanted to give me a lecture, but after we explained what happened, he went away. The bully and her mother left the picnic soon after, and no one was sad to see them go.
That's fine. I just think there are better ways than being the first to instigate violence. It's defeats the whole point.
Sounds like you have a fine young'n there TN. To know you have the power and when to use it is critical.

I have to share another story about son. He was bullied all through school. Fact was that he was such a sweet lil' guy the principal called me in to tell me she told him that he had to defend himself and instructed him to punch them. She probably wouldn't have shared that with me and son was never one to complain unless things got really bad but the principal was concerned after he went out the next day and took on the biggest bully in the school. She wanted me to know at that point so she told me about a girl that had put straight pins in the end of her shoes and kicked son in the shins several times. Anyhow son survived it all and grew into a very healthy adult who despised bullies. He was working construction with a guy that was a true bully. The guy was very intimidating and would pick on people that he knew he could so son determined he didn't want to have to work with such an asshole. Not that son couldn't have cleaned his clock but he knew there are better ways to handle some situations. He knew what would yank the bullies chain so one day in the shop while the boss was nearby he did it. The guy lost it and started screaming. By the time the guy was heated enough to punch son boss was standing there and saw the guy punch son and son just stood there and let him do it several times. Son then told the boss he had several choices.

Get a grip, @th

Your son is a better man than you.
I question your interpretation of what a man is. And it's not like your opinion matters. I know what a hypocritical asswipe you are..
I complimented your son. He sounds like a good person. I hope you are hiding from him what you really are when you think no one is looking.

My youngest boy came home from school one day and said: "Dad, how can I make my arms longer?" Seems he got in a scuffle and the other kid had the reach on him. So instead of giving him a lecture on not fighting, I taught him how to slip a punch and get inside. Just for the hell of it I also told him if he wanted longer arms, he'd have to hang from a tree limb for ten minutes after school every day and sure enough he fell for it. :lol:
LOL

You are a bully to your own child.

He got the soft stuff from his mother.....I taught him to be cagey and to think quick...even with me. My daughter was worried about getting a prom date one year so I told her to start stuffing her little bra with Kleenex...the boys noticed and she got her prom date. My dad was the same way with us boys and we all grew up pranksters. We still laugh about some of those capers when they were pups.

My youngest boy came home from school one day and said: "Dad, how can I make my arms longer?" Seems he got in a scuffle and the other kid had the reach on him. So instead of giving him a lecture on not fighting, I taught him how to slip a punch and get inside. Just for the hell of it I also told him if he wanted longer arms, he'd have to hang from a tree limb for ten minutes after school every day and sure enough he fell for it. :lol:
LOL

He got the soft stuff from his mother.....I taught him to be cagey and to think quick...even with me. My daughter was worried about getting a prom date one year so I told her to start stuffing her little bra with Kleenex...the boys noticed and she got her prom date. My dad was the same way with us boys and we all grew up pranksters. We still laugh about some of those capers when they were pups.
What a disappointment your daughter's date had after the prom was over...

LOL

What a slimy little mind you appear to have.

No, I'm portrayed as a beggar, that's how I'm earning my money, a lowly position, but basically honest.
Then the wealthy, well-dressed fop comes along and throws gold coins in my hat. He no doubt earned his coin in some nefarious activity, like oppressing serfs and making them starve to death, while he taxes away their grain and meat. That's how MDK sees himself.

Save your odd fairy tales for those two weekends a month and alternating holidays.

My wife and I took a karate class at a community college. We never went any further, but just that one class taught us some basics, like how to hit people without breaking your thumb, and how to stand sideways to present a smaller target to your opponent.

:lol:

Why do you ask? Are you looking to make some extra coin?
I figure you're the guy to hook me up if I decided to take up a career as a male prostitute.

LOL

What a slimy little mind you appear to have.
What did I say? It seems that you are the one with the slimy mind.

I think it's important to teach kids how to fight -- attack and defense. It's not that I wanted my kids to start fights; I did not. I wanted them to be physically capable of doing at least one of the following:
  • End it if someone insists on starting one with them.
  • If they must lose the lose the fight, leave enough of an impression that their opponent is more inclined to avoid picking another fight than they are to risk similar or worse injury by doing so again.

LOL

Me and mine are like that. I definitely lead the way on the pranking though :badgrin:

Forum List

Back