My 8 year old is more logical than half of America

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
So he told me one of his friends at school was getting picked on by a bigger kid. He sat idle for a while but got tired of it and hit him in the face.
I sat him down and explained that he should never use violence to protest violence or bullying. It only leads to more violence. I appreciate the loyalty, bravery and friendship, but he handled the situation wrong.
He told me I was right. Here is some exact words "you are right daddy. It doesn't make much sense to fight meanness with more meanness." I told him its put him on the same level that he is fighting against.
In fact, he has no problem admitting when he is wrong. Ever. And I think that is fucking GREAT.
I thought to myself, this boy is intellectually honest and logical. He is fucking smarter than half the country.
Im talking to YOU you fascist nut jobs! My second grader is smarter than you. How does that make you feel?
Hypocrisy solves NOTHING. Grow up America.
PS im not teaching my kid not to defend himself. Apparently people cant read that it wasn't HIM that was being talked about.
Words are NOT a reason to get violent.

Last edited:
So he told me one of his friends at school was getting picked on by a bigger kid. He sat idle for a while but got tired of it and hit him in the face.
I sat him down and explained that he should never use violence to protest violence or bullying. It only leads to more violence. I appreciate the loyalty, bravery and friendship, but he handled the situation wrong.
He told me I was right. Here is some exact words "you are right daddy. It doesn't make much sense to fight meanness with more meanness." I told him its put him on the same level that he is fighting against.
In fact, he has no problem admitting when he is wrong. Ever. And I think that is fucking GREAT.
I thought to myself, this boy is intellectually honest and logical. He is fucking smarter than half the country.
Im talking to YOU you fascist nut jobs! My second grader is smarter than you. How does that make you feel?
You should be proud of him. You're not only raising him right, but it takes a certain type of personality to do that; he's kind of special. Start saving for college, right?

Um - you're kidding I hope

Standing up for yourself against a bully is often the only way to make it stop, that your son stood up for another kid is amazingly admirable

You cannot let a bully pick on you. I straight up told my son that if he ever got bullied that he should punch the kid in the nose & don't quit swinging until the teachers pull you apart. Also told him that he would not EVER get in trouble at home for standing up for himself

I understand that fighting in school is to be discouraged, but if it is because you are getting harassed, sometimes it is necessary

I am surprised to hear this from you, I really am

Do you ever think there is a situation where it is appropriate for your kid to hit another kid?

Last edited:
Well, he probably won't be a cop or a soldier, at least not for very long.

You are teaching him to be a pussy.

Violence is only a problem when you exceed the level directed against you with malicious intent, or you are the instigator.

Standing up for yourself against a bully is often the only way to make it stop, that your son stood up for another kid is amazingly admirable

You cannot let a bully pick on you. I straight up told my son that if he ever got bullied that he should punch the kid in the nose & don't quit swinging until the teachers pull you apart. Also told him that he would not EVER get in trouble for standing up for himself

I understand that fighting in school is to be discouraged, but if it is because you are getting harassed, sometimes it is necessary

Do you ever think there is a situation where it is appropriate for your kid to hit another kid?
I am glad you brought that up. Because he did as well.
I told my son if he doesn't defend himself, he will get in trouble with me. I don't give a DAMN what happens to him at school. You MUST defend yourself.
But that kid wasn't messing with him. Wasn't even hitting the kid. He could have handled THAT situation better. Im not trying to raise a pussy, but I am not trying to raise an ignorant redneck either.

Gads you're tiresome.
Go watch the toilet flush. Maybe you will learn something
Well, as much as I disagree with the other posters' attitudes here, I did not have any luck teaching mine to use his words rather than his fists if another kid dissed him. He said okay and then completely ignored me. I assume his father and grandfather, behind my back, were pretty much telling him to defend himself if necessary. He wasn't a bully, so he did okay in the end, but I do think things are different with boys. Sometimes I saw him fighting with a friend, rolling on the ground swearing, pulling hair and kicking, and ten minutes later they were best friends again. With females, the grudge goes on forever; maybe because we don't just give each other a good pop. Who knows.

Violence is only a problem when you exceed the level directed against you with malicious intent, or you are the instigator.
Re-read the OP. Then apologize :thup:

I told my son if he doesn't defend himself, he will get in trouble with me. I don't give a DAMN what happens to him at school. You MUST defend yourself.
But that kid wasn't messing with him. Wasn't even hitting the kid. He could have handled THAT situation better. Im not trying to raise a pussy, but I am not trying to raise an ignorant redneck either.

OK, fair enough - context is everything

I read your original post as your kid stepping in as another kid was getting attacked in some way

and I did not go down the "pussy" road...

OK, fair enough - context is everything

I read your original post as your kid stepping in as another kid was getting attacked in some way

and I did not go down the "pussy" road...
I know you didn't! Thanks man.

You always wanted a girl, and that's how you're raising "her".

See the doctor immediately, ask for puberty blockers for your kid and hormone therapy for you.

Gawd almighty ...

We taught ours that not only was it expected that he would defend himself if attacked, but that he had our express permission to do so.

Re-read the OP. Then apologize :thup:
You told your kid that violence doesn't solve bullying when it is literally the ONLY thing that stops bullying.

I was bullied constantly when I was a kid, and the only time it ever stopped was when I literally overpowered the bullies in physical might. When I "matured" in middle school I was mercilessly bullied by half my class to the point that I thought about suicide numerous times.

Dumbass kids raised by dumbass liberal parents only know violence, so your kid has to be able to speak their language if he wants to survive at all in this world.

You cannot let a bully pick on you. I straight up told my son that if he ever got bullied that he should punch the kid in the nose & don't quit swinging until the teachers pull you apart. Also told him that he would not EVER get in trouble for standing up for himself

you just contradicted most of your OP.

Last edited:
TN, maybe before the magic hour is up, you should edit your OP; combine it with the self defense statement so people won't keep making the same mistake.

Forum List

Back