A 12-year-old Sikh boy is the latest victim of racist terrorism paranoia

I have no idea.

Nothing in the article indicates that they did. How would you characterize that?
Don't know, wasn't there....... :eusa_whistle:

Neither was anyone else on this board, AFAIK.

Here's the thing: If you believe one of your students is walking around the halls (for days) with a bomb, you evacuate the school before you call the police to have the kid arrested.

If you're only interested in "making an example of him," you don't evacuate the school, you just call the cops.
Never knew you were a mind reader...... I better start wearing tin foil........ :lmao:

If you believe that examining the evidence is mind-reading, I'm not sure a tinfoil hat will help you.

Basic common sense: If you believe someone in the building has a bomb, what do you do?
Basic common sense yes but you are making assumptions based on limited evidence. Wanna try again?

If it were a bomb it could go off while their faffing around...

Did they evacuate the school?
I have no idea.

Nothing in the article indicates that they did. How would you characterize that?
Don't know, wasn't there....... :eusa_whistle:

Neither was anyone else on this board, AFAIK.

Here's the thing: If you believe one of your students is walking around the halls (for days) with a bomb, you evacuate the school before you call the police to have the kid arrested.

If you're only interested in "making an example of him," you don't evacuate the school, you just call the cops.
And you don't know what they did.

Islamphobia is now going to become a hate crime too?

seems some people are more special than others in this country anymore.

the divided states of America should be the new name because of this BS

Islam isn't a race.
Who said it was?
The title of the thread?

You think it would have been the same outcome had this kid been white with blonde hair and blue eyes, as opposed to looking like someone who could be Middle Eastern?
I'm a white female with blonde hair and blue eyes. In my late teens I was in a bad mood, tired, and I very stupidly gave a sarcastic answer to airport staff who asked me if my luggage had been in my possession constantly. I was hauled off, treated very roughly, like a criminal, and had every scrap of luggage dismantled and thrown around. And I thoroughly deserved it.

That was an airport under federal jurisdiction, not a middle school classroom. Don't be such a dork

Here is what all your Islamophobic paranoia is doing to innocent people. Un-fucking-real.

And of course it's no surprise this is in Texas.

Armaan had carried a “power bag” to school, meaning his backpack has a built-in battery charger for a cell phone. Numerous companies sell these bags, which are not cheap but popular enough to be sold out right now in several styles and categories on Amazon. “The student in front of me, who is the one who made the accusation. . . said that [the backpack] looked like a bomb,” [Armaan] Singh said, per a report in the Washington Post. “Then Friday. . . I came back to that period and he was in front of me again and he said ‘I’m going to go tell on you. I’m going to go tell on you and say all this stuff about you. I’m going to go tell on you.’ Singh said he laughed at the other student, who did the same.

But the other student wasn’t joking. He made good on his threat, telling the teacher that Armaan had a bomb. The teacher told the principal, who called the police, which came to school and “grabbed” him. Now at home because he’s been suspended from school, Armaan must wear an ankle monitor as he awaits his court date. Though he is twelve years old, it is currently unclear whether he’ll be tried as a juvenile or an adult, and what charges he will face for the crime of carrying a trendy backpack to school.

It’s the “clock kid” all over again: A 12-year-old Sikh boy is the latest victim of racist terrorism paranoia

Sikhs are Islamic?

Being a moron must be one of your hobbies.

Sikh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And apparently literacy isn't one of yours because nobody said that, stupid. Go back to your playpen

It sounds like the kid confessed to joking about having a bomb. If this is true he has to be taught how serious and dangerous and how unfunny a joke like that is. He should suffer whatever maximum penalty is (I hope it's not jail time) and it should be announced for educational purposes in every school in the country.
I'm in agreement up to part where you seem to want him humiliated nationally?

No, his name doesn't even have to be mentioned. I said "it should be announced for educational purposes in every school in the country" Kids have to learn the limits of free speech and this case is a good example.

Islam isn't a race.
Who said it was?
The title of the thread?

You think it would have been the same outcome had this kid been white with blonde hair and blue eyes, as opposed to looking like someone who could be Middle Eastern?
I'm a white female with blonde hair and blue eyes. In my late teens I was in a bad mood, tired, and I very stupidly gave a sarcastic answer to airport staff who asked me if my luggage had been in my possession constantly. I was hauled off, treated very roughly, like a criminal, and had every scrap of luggage dismantled and thrown around. And I thoroughly deserved it.

That was an airport under federal jurisdiction, not a middle school classroom. Don't be such a dork
Well it wasn't an American airport so it was under no such jurisdiction. And I'm just illustrating a point, say anything stupid even vaguely related to terrorism / security in a public place and you'll likely get into trouble. It is what it is, and you don't have to be 'brown' to invoke this kind of response. Dork :)

It sounds like the kid confessed to joking about having a bomb. If this is true he has to be taught how serious and dangerous and how unfunny a joke like that is. He should suffer whatever maximum penalty is (I hope it's not jail time) and it should be announced for educational purposes in every school in the country.
I'm in agreement up to part where you seem to want him humiliated nationally?

No, his name doesn't even have to be mentioned. I said "it should be announced for educational purposes in every school in the country" Kids have to learn the limits of free speech and this case is a good example.
My apologies. I agree then.

Here is what all your Islamophobic paranoia is doing to innocent people. Un-fucking-real.

Armaan had carried a “power bag” to school, meaning his backpack has a built-in battery charger for a cell phone. Numerous companies sell these bags, which are not cheap but popular enough to be sold out right now in several styles and categories on Amazon. “The student in front of me, who is the one who made the accusation. . . said that [the backpack] looked like a bomb,” [Armaan] Singh said, per a report in the Washington Post. “Then Friday. . . I came back to that period and he was in front of me again and he said ‘I’m going to go tell on you. I’m going to go tell on you and say all this stuff about you. I’m going to go tell on you.’ Singh said he laughed at the other student, who did the same.

But the other student wasn’t joking. He made good on his threat, telling the teacher that Armaan had a bomb. The teacher told the principal, who called the police, which came to school and “grabbed” him. Now at home because he’s been suspended from school, Armaan must wear an ankle monitor as he awaits his court date. Though he is twelve years old, it is currently unclear whether he’ll be tried as a juvenile or an adult, and what charges he will face for the crime of carrying a trendy backpack to school.

It’s the “clock kid” all over again: A 12-year-old Sikh boy is the latest victim of racist terrorism paranoia
That's not islamaphobia. That's just ignorance. There is no such thing as islamaphobia. Fear of muslim mass murder is based in the empirical.
There is only islamo-denial.
Well said. Not wanting to be blown up by Islamists is not irrational.
We should round them up and put them away. It's the American way.
No, that's the FDR way. FDR the democrat.

Well it wasn't an American airport so it was under no such jurisdiction.

I imagine it was still under their federal jurisdiction and obviously you don't have the same civil liberties protections we have in this country, so that makes your example even less relevant.

That's not islamaphobia. That's just ignorance. There is no such thing as islamaphobia. Fear of muslim mass murder is based in the empirical.
There is only islamo-denial.
Well said. Not wanting to be blown up by Islamists is not irrational.
We should round them up and put them away. It's the American way.

*You mean it's the Democrat way. Dems were the last to round up people due to a race/nationality fear. Germans and Japs. You did it to slaves too.

These days....Democrats don't use cages. They just round up poor minorities using government housing and welfare state policies which ensure they never become independent.
Oh but now it's republicans who want to round people up so it's okay. Kind of like how you loons tell Democrats to take responsibility for the Confederacy when it's you all celebrating the Confederate rag.
Nobody wants to round anyone up. There are many who want to deny entry to non-American muslims who have absolutely no right to be here.

FIRE! In a Movie Theater is a crime......................

Joking about having a bomb at a school in these days is damn near the same thing.

Perhaps the kid will realize that it was STUPID to do it.

Jeff Fox Worthy has a sign for this kid.

Well it wasn't an American airport so it was under no such jurisdiction.

I imagine it was still under their federal jurisdiction and obviously you don't have the same civil liberties protections we have in this country, so that makes your example even less relevant.
Islamic terrorism has happened the world over in malls, aircrafts, airports, buses, tube trains, holiday resorts,schools and streets. I'm illustrating that you don't have to be brown skinned to get into trouble for saying or doing stupid things. I'm sorry that doesn't fit your agenda, but that's how it is.

Sikhs are Islamic?

Being a moron must be one of your hobbies.

Sikh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And apparently literacy isn't one of yours because nobody said that, stupid. Go back to your playpen

Denial? You don't do it very well.

4-No-Country-for-Old-Men-quotes.gif

The flip side will be when people fear saying something...and it is a bomb

The intelligent side is where the school administration determines that it's not a bomb.
It's not the job of admin to examine and determine whether something could be a bomb or not. Kabooooooom.

It's the job of the administration to ask the accused student to explain what the backpack does. The administration might be extra-special-super-smart and find the thing for sale on Amazon.

Stupid is as stupid does.
Texas.

Forum List

Back