My 8 year old is more logical than half of America

You don't know anything.

I was depressed because the world I imagined, and the world that my teachers told me existed was the exact opposite of the real world. I became doubly depressed when I learned to cope with the real world with the understanding that somehow things would get better, and then learning that the world was only getting worse under the tutelage of the very same people who claimed they wanted to make a better world.

What I'm reading is that you were depressed by reality.

By the way, I would never tell you in a million years that you are to "blame" for depression. You plucked that out of thin air.

Depression is definitely an internalization of bad feelings. It can also be a chemical imbalance. It is irrational to blame others for how you cope. They might make your life easier or more difficult, but in the end, how you cope is on you.

I am glad you had the strength to get through the bullying alive.
I was depressed by the callous lying and outright evilness of "progressive" assholes telling ME that I was in the wrong for fighting back when they most likely were the bullies when they went to school. I was too smart for my own good.

My depression was 100% rational then, and my pessimism is 100% rational now.

Depression is an illness. It's not rational. Sorry.
Pure garbage.

It is 100% rational when you are kid and hopelessness is all you have to work with.

It's an actual mental illness, not just feeling lousy. It has emotional and physical symptoms. And it isn't caused by other people unless you're already predisposed to depression.

There are people who go through awful, hopeless events and don't get depressed. There are people who have mostly good lives and get depressed. It has nothing to do with logic.
It has nothing to do with logic.
No, but people seriously depressed are certain that their feelings are completely logical and justified.

Pure garbage.

It is 100% rational when you are kid and hopelessness is all you have to work with.

It's an actual mental illness, not just feeling lousy. It has emotional and physical symptoms. And it isn't caused by other people unless you're already predisposed to depression.

There are people who go through awful, hopeless events and don't get depressed. There are people who have mostly good lives and get depressed. It has nothing to do with logic.
Nope.

Depression is when you let your hopelessness affect your every day life activities to the point that you are impaired, that has nothing to do with "mental illness".

If your feelings of hopelessness are rational, and there is no reason to dispel those feelings, then you will naturally be affected in other areas of your life by that hopelessness until it consumes you.

The DSM disagrees with you.
The APA has an agenda.

Medication just makes people too stupid or careless to understand why they were depressed, it doesn't actually eliminate the depression.

Psychology is largely a scam.
No, there is a medication out there that would make you feel better. But the doctors don't know yet how to figure out which one for each patient. It can take four or five tries with different meds, and it's a pain in the ass, but it's worth it to have the cloud lifted.

What I'm reading is that you were depressed by reality.

By the way, I would never tell you in a million years that you are to "blame" for depression. You plucked that out of thin air.

Depression is definitely an internalization of bad feelings. It can also be a chemical imbalance. It is irrational to blame others for how you cope. They might make your life easier or more difficult, but in the end, how you cope is on you.

I am glad you had the strength to get through the bullying alive.
I was depressed by the callous lying and outright evilness of "progressive" assholes telling ME that I was in the wrong for fighting back when they most likely were the bullies when they went to school. I was too smart for my own good.

My depression was 100% rational then, and my pessimism is 100% rational now.

Pure garbage.

It has nothing to do with logic.
No, but people seriously depressed are certain that their feelings are completely logical and justified.
In most cases they actually ARE.

Pure garbage.

Nope.

Depression is when you let your hopelessness affect your every day life activities to the point that you are impaired, that has nothing to do with "mental illness".

If your feelings of hopelessness are rational, and there is no reason to dispel those feelings, then you will naturally be affected in other areas of your life by that hopelessness until it consumes you.

The APA has an agenda.

Medication just makes people too stupid or careless to understand why they were depressed, it doesn't actually eliminate the depression.

No, there is a medication out there that would make you feel better. But the doctors don't know yet how to figure out which one for each patient. It can take four or five tries with different meds, and it's a pain in the ass, but it's worth it to have the cloud lifted.
My depression and pessimism is fueled by reality.

There is no medication that can actually help me.

Nope.

The APA has an agenda.

My depression and pessimism is fueled by reality.

There is no medication that can actually help me.

What is the point of this little act?

Forum List

Back