They always come in threes....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zhukov, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Within' four hours of having moved into my new apartment down in Florida, after a drive of over a thousand miles and two days without incident, while out driving around the town to find my new place of work...

WHAM

....some damn fool decides it would be fun to destroy my car.

Not a week later a Category 4 hurricane goes flying over me, power's still out.

But bad things happen in threes, so here I am wondering what could possibly happen next....

Did I miss anything exciting in my absence?

2. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    _

3. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    I've an uncle in Lakeland, FL.. :-/

No - you didn't miss anything here, btw.

:)

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

:clap1: WB ZUHK !! sorry to hear about the mess---all sorts of things could be #3 so accept a stubbed toe or something and be done with it--- hhmm----sandy posted a lot of pics while you were gone---other than that pretty much same old stuff

5. Sandy73

Sandy73 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, and Dillo likes them soo much he wants more ! Zhu I think I forgot to post your pic ! Let me dig in my bags of tricks ! :teeth:

6. Jackass

Jackass Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Run Zhu Run!!!

7. Sandy73

Sandy73 Guest

Ratings:
    +0

YOu can run but you can't hide ! :laugh: :poke:

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Z seems like way too much excitement! Hope you got the heck out of the way of Charley! LW was supposed to be hit pretty hard. You do ok?

9. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Another family just moved to Porth Charlotte just a week ago, before Charley hit, not one week in their house, they now have nothing.

As far as comes in 3's, ha, I think my Dad just found that out today. He lost his home through Charley, can't get money, can't get a cup of coffee, had to ride down to Ft. Myers to get that cup of coffee and in hopes just for a tank of gas. Yesterday, I raved about FEMA doing a great job and getting to those families in needs with money towards their homes, today, I think I am viewing that a little more differently. My Dad was told last night by FEMA - go out and buy a generator, they will cover those expenses, from that to shelter. They were also sending the adjusters out to go over damages - now mind you, on the media's side, they were coming with checks ready to be written write there, OH HOW WRONG!!!! a female adjuster came out early this morning - first it's, you might be able to build what's left, yeah ok, you have no back, ceilings and roof down, walls down and you can build with what's there, not to mention the new regulations that were supposed to be in place, that won't be met if that stays - Best of all, they now say, IF the adjusters OK the claim, it could take 6 - 8 weeks to see a dime, so much for those checks - also, the generator may NOT be covered after all. I wonder what people will do now - now it's a waiting game on first will you even be covered, even though you have insurance, and when, when will you see a dime to even begin a new life??? Yeah, good luck Z, it sure does come in 3's!!!!!!!!

10. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Sorry Z and janeeng's dad. The lemonade sure can be sour sometimes.